I think Meier will be a favorite target of Ryan before training camp ends

Meier is big, runs good routes,is a willing blocker ,and most importantly, catches everything he can get his hands on.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in 3 receiver sets the first game.

First Preseason game or regular season. If he can get the same feel for Ryan that he had for Reisling(sp - Kansas QB) then I think he does stand a chance to get some opportunities. I am very intrigued with the potential of Meier as an addition to our WR core, I am looking forward to seeing what he does in Mini Camp but especially Training Camp.

If he pans out don't be surprised if we trade roddy white within the next couple. HD was about to show him the door before he got hurt

:huh:

Roddy is dominant, why wouldn't we keep him and Harry if he is that awsome?

Jenkins is currently a liability in the passing game for the most part.

If he pans out don't be surprised if we trade roddy white within the next couple. HD was about to show him the door before he got hurt

I think you may be getting a little ahead of your self there.I really like HD, but how was he showing Roddy out the door? With his 23 career catches for 329 yrds? Just sayin.

yall are making these assumptions from a player who hasnt even played or practiced in the nfl. kinda baffles me. So basically with this logic, forget about a hall of famer tight end that we have, or a probowl reciever we have, a late round draft pick will be the #1 favorite target????? :wacko:

God you're stupid. I thought this may have been sarcasm but no one even brought up HD. I believe you mean HD was gonna show Jenkins to the door.

Well, 1. He showed big play potential steve smith style *id take steve smith over roddy, sorry 84.

2. His draft profile reads exactly like jerry rices not saying **** be or hed be that great, but there are similarities

3. The falcons weren't in any rush to re sign roddy until hd got hurt.

So we are going to trade our fan favorite pro bowl elite WR so we can keep a guy that has barely played and has possible injury risks?

Edited by falconmaniac

Its the new england blueprint chirren trade your skill players for picks, or let them walk.

NE, until recently, did that from a position of strength- falcons are building that, they aren't there yet, they couldn't afford to let White walk right now.

I expect to see Roddy White cut, or at least traded before Training Camp with Meier. You could have Revis, Bailey, and Asomugha for a CB corps and they wouldn't be able to touch a WR corps of Meier, Jenkins/Wolfe, and Douglas.

I'm calling it now. If this coaching staff actually gives Meier a chance and gives him the #1 WR job, we'll have the #1 passing game in the league.

yall are making these assumptions from a player who hasnt even played or practiced in the nfl. kinda baffles me. So basically with this logic, forget about a hall of famer tight end that we have, or a probowl reciever we have, a late round draft pick will be the #1 favorite target????? :wacko:

You're doing something that you frequently do, which is to exaggerate whatever was said and then belittle it.

I said "A" favorite target, which is much different than what you're saying. And I think so. I think Meier has a chance to be a very good 3rd down receiver

I guarantee Ryan would love to have a younger Finn as his third down receiver; I think he's got one.

I expect to see Roddy White cut, or at least traded before Training Camp with Meier. You could have Revis, Bailey, and Asomugha for a CB corps and they wouldn't be able to touch a WR corps of Meier, Jenkins/Wolfe, and Douglas.

I'm calling it now. If this coaching staff actually gives Meier a chance and gives him the #1 WR job, we'll have the #1 passing game in the league.

:lol::lol::lol:

White helped Ryan a ton in his rookie year. He made so many great catches on not-so-great balls thrown by Ryan.

My sarcasm detector is going through the roof.

Edited by Rai

This board treats roddy like mcclure. He plays at a high level year after year, barely gets credit and whenever we bring in a new wr they want to replace Roddy.

Why everyone is always in such a rush to replace who will go down as our best wr in franchise history is beyond me, especially after we had a 10 year drought of sucky wideouts.

This board treats roddy like mcclure. He plays at a high level year after year, barely gets credit and whenever we bring in a new wr they want to replace Roddy.

Why everyone is always in such a rush to replace who will go down as our best wr in franchise history is beyond me, especially after we had a 10 year drought of sucky wideouts.

I agree people havent noticed how much Roddy has helped Ryan. So many passes were over or underthrown that Roddy still grabbed people are not paying attention i guess so lets look at this video....

I dont get the criticms of Roddy, I understand Jenkins but Roddy is a Bonafide Probowl WR. I dont get Paprika comment as far as us looking to trade Roddy, I think he will be playing out the rest of his contract, but if Meier does play up to his potential I could see him replacing Jenkins in the future.

Meier is big, runs good routes,is a willing blocker ,and most importantly, catches everything he can get his hands on.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in 3 receiver sets the first game.

We'll if somebody is sure handed, like Gonzo and a swifter then Finneran, I would throw to them too, but it gives Matty tons of targets. White, fast and long and tall, HD fast and speedy like Welker and Meier would be like sure handed like Finn or Ed McCaffrey just hopefully a little quicker. Jenks gets thrown in there somewhere. :P But he did that to himself. I hope he proves people wrong this year and is a breakout year for him. ;)

I would hate to see Marty Booker back out there, guy has had a good career but we need youth and speed and YAC. ;)

Edited by nativefalcon

Don't forget that the Falcons just signed White to a big new contract before last season started and he has lived up to every bit of it so far, so why would they want to get rid of him? He hasn't been a problem or anything.