Saints give Evans biggest deal for a guard in history

nolafan33

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job Saints, he's been a good productive guard for you guys. I've always believed in paying players based on their production, and he's worth every penny. I guess your FO does value productivity over hype. ;)Now pay PT.

they damned well better

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

The Saints signed guard Jahri Evans to the biggest contract a guard has ever recieved, 7 years 56.7 million.

Glad to get the top guard in the NFL locked up long term.

Definitely a great move. Almost as great as our draft!;)

he is considered the best guard in the NFL....that is not even up for debate

Scary thing is, I think Carl Nicks will surpass him this year. He manhandled his side of the "williams Wall" in the NFCCG. A definite pro-bowler this season.

he is considered the best guard in the NFL....that is not even up for debate

of course it is up for debate......he is considered by saints fans to be the best......

But I bet if you asked Viking fans Hutchinson would be considered the best.........

Charger fans would probably argue their guards are just as good as Evens.

I have heard Patriot fans mention Mankins as the best at his position..............

Evens is a good player..... I don't think he is worth the richest contract in history for a player at his position but still good. It is the same story every year, a good player on a super bowl team getting paid more then he probably is worth.

Brees makes him and the whole o-line look better then they are though.

He is a lot like Manning in the aspect he makes the O-line look so much better because he is so good at getting the ball out of his hands. and teams dont blitz him near as much as other QB's because he has such a great grasp of the offense and is so great at finding his favorite receiver.... which happens to be who ever is open.

Doesn't matter what team he's a part of, Jahri is considered as the #1 guard around the NFL.

really??/

so do you honestly think if he played for the raiders with Russell as qb he would be considered the best??

be honest......... no way he would be.

really??/

so do you honestly think if he played for the raiders with Russell as qb he would be considered the best??

be honest......... no way he would be.

More so meant that at his current playing level, doesn't matter if he's a Saint, Colt, Lion, or Buc, he's the best guard in the league.

More so meant that at his current playing level, doesn't matter if he's a Saint, Colt, Lion, or Buc, he's the best guard in the league.

No he is not.

He is good but he is not the best in the nfl......and he certainly is not worth the highest contract for his position ever.

You consider him the best in the nfl but that is because he is a saint.

If he were a lion, buc, or colt there is NO WAY you would say he is the best.

If you say you would you are being dishonest to yourself.

No he is not.

He is good but he is not the best in the nfl......and he certainly is not worth the highest contract for his position ever.

You consider him the best in the nfl but that is because he is a saint.

If he were a lion, buc, or colt there is NO WAY you would say he is the best.

If you say you would you are being dishonest to yourself.

Actually, I didn't consider him the best until I saw a number of other fans saying he was the best.

Take this article right here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Saints-guard-Jahri-Evans-becomes-the-highest-pai?urn=nfl,239192

But when the New Orleans Saints made Jahri Evans(notes) the highest-paid guard in NFL history with a seven-year, $56.7 million deal announced this week, few experts were surprised -- that's simply how good Evans is. Like Hutchinson at the time of his deal, Evans is the best guard in the league, and there isn't too much of a question about it. According to Football Outsiders' 2009 Adjusted Line Yards metrics, the Saints ranked second in the league in ALY per carry in the mid/guard area, eighth in the right tackle area, 18th around right end and 31st to left tackle. Strong enough to hold the point against any defender and agile enough to head up to the second level to deal with linebackers, Evans was a crucial part of the Saints' run to the NFL championship.
Edited by nolafan33

Actually, I didn't consider him the best until I saw a number of other fans saying he was the best.

Take this article right here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Saints-guard-Jahri-Evans-becomes-the-highest-pai?urn=nfl,239192

again so a sports blogger says he is ....that makes him so?

so if I found sports blogger who think the vikes should have won the nfc title game and the saints won because Freeney was hurt.........does that make it true?

this time last year people were talking about how Premier of a qb Rothislburger was too and how the steelers were going to repeat.

So now because fans think he is the best he is?

really?

Do you have another full proof way of determining who's the best player? I'd think if a high number of fans from different teams agreed that Evans was the best guard in the NFL, then that'd prove atleast a little something.

Here's another article stating he's the best right guard:

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/04/best-right-guards-in-the-n-f-l-the-top-10-list/

Do you have another full proof way of determining who's the best player? I'd think if a high number of fans from different teams agreed that Evans was the best guard in the NFL, then that'd prove atleast a little something.

Here's another article stating he's the best right guard:

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/04/best-right-guards-in-the-n-f-l-the-top-10-list/

ofcourse not there is no "full proof"

Again last year at this time you could find many blogger's who thought Cutler was worth everything the bears gave up for him because he was the "best young franchise" qb in the nfl.......

And you can find bloggers right now who think the nfc title game was rigged and the vikes were a better team....

Because some blogger's on the internet think so does that make that true?

Again you are using blogger's opinions as basis of fact to try and kid yourself into believing the saints did not HIGHLY overpay for a good, but not great player....