Mort: Sam Bradford = Matt Ryan w/ better accuracy

1. Hes super quiet and does not come off as a leader like Ryan

2. Hes Skinny as heck, even with the added weight

3. He has injury concerns

4. No Experience in a Pro Style Offense

5. He played on a Team full of talent, Ryan did not in College

We will see. He may have better accuracy but Ryan beats him in many other categories. It would be nice to see the Rams do decent, They deserve it after having 3 seasons with a win total of 6...So I wish Bradford and that team well.

RT @Ram4life1328: @mortreport Rank Bradford for me, who does he best compare to? >> Matt Ryan w/ better accuracy - heard that from teams

----

Now I guess we'll see if he can lead the Rams to the same result as Ryan did in his first year...

WTH is going on here,something stinks..... bradford better than ryan -wow thats alot of praise for a guy who hasnt taken one regular season snap. Can u say human penyata,there line sux

Imo its great that he would compare a rookie to Matt. I just dont get why, with much more proven/seasoned vets out there, he why make that comparison?

I guess the recent success of a QB taken early in the draft. I mean, we have to remember that Ryan had arguably the best rookie season of any QB that's come into the league. Top QBs that are drafted early from now on are probably going to be compared to him.

RT @Ram4life1328: @mortreport Rank Bradford for me, who does he best compare to? >> Matt Ryan w/ better accuracy - heard that from teams

----

Now I guess we'll see if he can lead the Rams to the same result as Ryan did in his first year...

Man Bradfords gonna have a good season. but not as good as Matts in his Rookie Year. He won the ROTY. and he had a good team behind him. Bradfords got Jackson. Im not doggin on the Rams but i just dont see it.

Yeah, good comparison based on totally different college systems. Yeah, guys in spread offenses have a better completion percentage. Not sure what makes him much more accurate...

I think that's a poor statement before we see him play in the NFL.

It might have something to do with his COACHES at Oklahoma telling him the plays to audible to.

I saw Bradford play a game in college where he was looking at the defense... they moved and he immediatley looked to the sidelines where his coaches began signaling the play he should audible to.

I couldn't believe this. If he doesn't get better at reading defenses, (which I am not sure he knows how to do in the first place), and the St Louis Offensive line is as bad as it has been.... he's going to get hurt again... and soon.

Bradford just needs to transition into the pro style offense, find a way to make sure he doesn't get injured like he did last year again, and have someone better than Laurent Robinson as his top target. People like to point out that he was on a loaded team and that's the only reason he was good, but to put up the numbers he did even with that talent is still awe inspiring. 88 TDs to 16 interceptions with a completion percentage hovering around 70% over three seasons? You simply don't get that very often, especially in extremely competitive conferences every day.

That being said, he has a better arm than Ryan but I don't think he has the intangibles Ryan has. Ryan can will his team to win and has shown himself to be one of the most clutch quarterbacks in the NFL in his first two seasons. Bradford has yet to really be tested in those situations, and when he was put up against very good defenses he seemed to crumble.

In all, Bradford is no Ryan. He'll put up good numbers but he doesn't have that "It factor".

1. Ryan was not injury prone.

2. Ryan played in a pro-style offense and came into the NFL with the ability to read defenses.

The 2nd one is the biggest difference (imho). QBs in spread offenses are taught to read defenses differently. The receivers run different types of route patterns and they come open for different reasons than they do in a pro-style offense.

I think we'd all agree Ryan doesn't have the physical tools that many other QBs have, but he has some of the best mental tools of any QB in the league.

Do you ever hear anyone ever talk about the elite physical tools Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, or Tom Brady have? No, but in any conversation about the best QBs in the NFL those three names will be at the top of most lists. Why? Because while they may not have elite physical tools, they have elite mental tools.

Time will tell if Bradford's mental tools are as elite as his physical tools. Until that time just remember other 1st round QBs that were drafted on the basis of elite physical tools: Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young, J.P. Losman, Byron Leftwich, Kyle Boller, David Carr, Akili Smith, & Jeff George.

----

He's got a chance it's not like the NFCW is that strong. Everyone seems to have potential to be decent in the West but we'll see who steps up and takes the division. I think there's potential for the West to be as competitive as the South in a few years but it's wide open right now.

It might have something to do with his COACHES at Oklahoma telling him the plays to audible to.

I saw Bradford play a game in college where he was looking at the defense... they moved and he immediatley looked to the sidelines where his coaches began signaling the play he should audible to.

I couldn't believe this. If he doesn't get better at reading defenses, (which I am not sure he knows how to do in the first place), and the St Louis Offensive line is as bad as it has been.... he's going to get hurt again... and soon.

Yeah, to the extent they even read a defense in the spread formation. Unless he shows otherwise, I gotta think Ryan's football IQ >>>>> Bradford's football IQ.

I'll believe the comparison.

Though its not perfect, (Bradford may have better accuracy coming out and Ryan had by far the better intangibles and experience), I think their work ethic is similar and they are put in similar situations. Bradford was a 2-3 star recruit who worked his way up to a starting position in Oklahoma and dominated. He is a hard worker who understands the ins and outs of the game and will succeed in NFL, especially behind a good running game and OL.

Man, you hit the nail on the head. I watched so many games where Bradford had to receive signals from the sideline before every snap. IMO, when I see QBs do that, it reminds me of a little kid asking his parents what he should do. How are you supposed to have faith in your leader if he has to consult the sideline everytime he has a problem?

I've been watching Ryan since his sophmore year, without using the spread-offense in college, and he never looked back to the sideline after he called the play in the huddle. He knows his reads, makes the adjustments, and the coaches know he can handle it.

1. Ryan was not injury prone.

2. Ryan played in a pro-style offense and came into the NFL with the ability to read defenses.

The 2nd one is the biggest difference (imho). QBs in spread offenses are taught to read defenses differently. The receivers run different types of route patterns and they come open for different reasons than they do in a pro-style offense.

I think we'd all agree Ryan doesn't have the physical tools that many other QBs have, but he has some of the best mental tools of any QB in the league.

Do you ever hear anyone ever talk about the elite physical tools Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, or Tom Brady have? No, but in any conversation about the best QBs in the NFL those three names will be at the top of most lists. Why? Because while they may not have elite physical tools, they have elite mental tools.

Time will tell if Bradford's mental tools are as elite as his physical tools. Until that time just remember other 1st round QBs that were drafted on the basis of elite physical tools: Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young, J.P. Losman, Byron Leftwich, Kyle Boller, David Carr, Akili Smith, & Jeff George.

Sam wasn't injury prone. He even said that his shoulder injury was the first major injury of his career.

a lot of people around the league underestimate matt, his abilities, and what he has accomplished but it is just a matter of time until people realize he will be one of the greatest ever

to say that bradford will be just like ryan but better is just bs, but let them say whatever they want, ryan is going to surprise a lot of skeptics out there this season

I want to see Matt Ryan beat up on Jimmy Clausen twice a year...That'll make me happy. And yes, I do like Notre Dame, but I'm not a fan of Clausen at all.

our team wasnt that great his first year,but we overachieved because of our coaching ,and players bought into our system and respected what we were doing,so they worked and played harder(not to mention,other teams overlooking us)and they did a fantastic job calling plays that matt liked and was comfortable with,which helped his confidence...i think hes ready to take a manninglike control of this team this year,and then everyone will know how great he can and will be imho