RIP Detroit Secondary: Houston Their #1 Corner

I think I will start every QB playing against Detroit this year in FF.

Chris Houston-DB- Lions May. 5 - 11:11 am et

Chris Houston is likely the Lions' No. 1 corner, according to beat writer John Niyo.

The Lions gave Atlanta a sixth-round pick and a conditional seventh-rounder in exchange for their new top corner. Houston fell out of favor with the Falcons and you can be sure he'll be attacked consistently on Sundays. Defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham will have to work some magic to make this secondary respectable.

:lol: even rotoworld knows he's a scrub.

As I am not a fan of Houston....I wish him all the best. The guy has all the athletic ability in the world. I just hope he learns to turn his head. If he learns to do that he has the potential to be a decent corner.

I mean, I wish him the best. If he tried he could probably be a top 10 corner in the league. I'm not sure if it is his work ethic, instincts, or what, but he hasn't shown that he should be starting on any properly equipped secondary.

I mean, I wish him the best. If he tried he could probably be a top 10 corner in the league. I'm not sure if it is his work ethic, instincts, or what, but he hasn't shown that he should be starting on any properly equipped secondary.

IMO he lacks instincts. It's natural instincts that tell you when that ball is coming. He doesn't know until it's too late and then panics. I hope their coaches can coach him up. I don't think it's from lack of effort from Houston. He always tried very hard.

IMO he lacks instincts. It's natural instincts that tell you when that ball is coming. He doesn't know until it's too late and then panics. I hope their coaches can coach him up. I don't think it's from lack of effort from Houston. He always tried very hard.

Whatever it is, I am glad he is gone, if only for the fact I really like and want to see more of our younger guys. Houston isn't terrible or anything, but he is just mediocre.

Whatever it is, I am glad he is gone, if only for the fact I really like and want to see more of our younger guys. Houston isn't terrible or anything, but he is just mediocre.

I'm glad he's gone too. lol. I love our young guys and I also love the addition of Dunta. We turned a weakness into a possible strength imo. I'm looking forward to all the battles in that secondary come TC.

As I am not a fan of Houston....I wish him all the best. The guy has all the athletic ability in the world. I just hope he learns to turn his head. If he learns to do that he has the potential to be a decent corner.

If the coaches at Detroit can somehow come up with a scheme that doesnt involve Houston having to face away from the QB, I think he is gonna shine. His 2 qualities was his physique and the ability to forsee the throw when he faced the QB.

Sadly for Houston I dont think that scheme exists.

If the coaches at Detroit can somehow come up with a scheme that doesnt involve Houston having to face away from the QB, I think he is gonna shine. His 2 qualities was his physique and the ability to forsee the throw when he faced the QB.

Thinking outside the box ... Free Safety. I always thought he did fairly well in run support. He'd probably need to gain 10 lbs of muscle.

I was bored the other day so I was watching some old Falcons highligts in the media section and saw the highlights of the Bears game where we kicked the game winner with 1 second left...Still trying to figure out why Houston bit on the underneath route with the game nearly over and the Bears needing a TD. I know it happens to DB's from time to time, but stuff like that happened too much with him.

It's called free safety.

They should equip his helmet with a rearview mirror

:lol:

Edited by falconmaniac