Say hello to the only reason anyone gives three craps about the Panthers

Tom Servo

hate to say it...but probably the best team noones talking about,it all depends on moore...dont think for a sec op that the panthers are an automatic win,because they are better than most think...rbs,wr/s and their d is underrated...by you

Carolina's defensive rankings: Eighth in yards, ninth in points, fifth in interceptions, fourth in forced fumbles.

The defense is still there. Don't worry.

I am almost positive we will see the D that gave up what 400 yds rushing to Giants in 2008, they will be Pathetic on D and almost as bad on O imo.......

I am almost positive we will see the D that gave up what 400 yds rushing to Giants in 2008, they will be Pathetic on D and almost as bad on O imo.......

"I am almost positive based on absolutely nothing that the Panthers' defense will play the same way they did against the number 1 rushing offense in 2008 one week after losing both of their starting defensive tackles against our much less effective rushing offense."

Amazing insight.

"I am almost positive based on absolutely nothing that the Panthers' defense will play the same way they did against the number 1 rushing offense in 2008 one week after losing both of their starting defensive tackles against our much less effective rushing offense."

Amazing insight.

And What Exactly have the Panthers done to improve their Run D or for that matter your Pass D?

Julius Peppers Out *Yes he had a Hot And Cold motor but he was YOUR PASS RUSH!*

Chris Harris Out *Was your best Safety*

First Two picks Were Offense.

Beason And The Rest of your D will get eaten up By Mike Turner AGAIN. :lol:

And What Exactly have the Panthers done to improve their Run D

We didn't sign or draft anyone if that's what you're looking for. What's more important for us is getting back players who were hurt almost all of last year like Louis Leonard and Corvey Irvin. Leonard was one of the reasons it took Turner 28 carries to get 100 yards in the first game instead of only 9.

or for that matter your Pass D?

Julius Peppers Out *Yes he had a Hot And Cold motor but he was YOUR PASS RUSH!*

Even in my most optimistic scenarios, I don't see Everette Brown playing like Julius Peppers next year. His loss hurts us whether Panther fans want to admit it or not. That being said, Charles Johnson was very good in rotation last year, and will likely start. He brings more of a pass rush than Tyler Brayton did in 2008 or 2009. If Brown starts (and doesn't get abused in the run) he could see double-digit sacks this season. Probably not 12 or 14, but 8-10 is realistic. Hardy, with coaching, could be great as a situational pass rusher, as will Eric Norwood. We shouldn't have a major dropoff in pressure, and could see an actual increase as players get more experience with Ron Meeks' scheme.

Chris Harris Out *Was your best Safety*
No he wasn't. He was terrible in coverage and missed more tackles than anyone else on our defense last year and didn't even play in all 16 games. We'll miss his leadership, but Godfrey and Martin will be two very good safeties who can actually cover, which will help if we have a drop-off with our pass rush.

We didn't sign or draft anyone if that's what you're looking for. What's more important for us is getting back players who were hurt almost all of last year like Louis Leonard and Corvey Irvin. Leonard was one of the reasons it took Turner 28 carries to get 100 yards in the first game instead of only 9.

Even in my most optimistic scenarios, I don't see Everette Brown playing like Julius Peppers next year. His loss hurts us whether Panther fans want to admit it or not. That being said, Charles Johnson was very good in rotation last year, and will likely start. He brings more of a pass rush than Tyler Brayton did in 2008 or 2009. If Brown starts (and doesn't get abused in the run) he could see double-digit sacks this season. Probably not 12 or 14, but 8-10 is realistic. Hardy, with coaching, could be great as a situational pass rusher, as will Eric Norwood. We shouldn't have a major dropoff in pressure, and could see an actual increase as players get more experience with Ron Meeks' scheme.

No he wasn't. He was terrible in coverage and missed more tackles than anyone else on our defense last year and didn't even play in all 16 games. We'll miss his leadership, but Godfrey and Martin will be two very good safeties who can actually cover, which will help if we have a drop-off with our pass rush.

Hmm Football Talk From a Panties Fan?

I See Greg Hardy Being Somewhat Good if he isn't your Main Threat rushing the Passer..(Not being Double Blocked) he has to develop because he is Big,Fast,Strong..he also has Motor that runs hot and cold..(I think his coaches made it sound worse than it really is.)*BTW sounding a lot like J.Peppers Huh?* on that note Everette Brown has to mature quickly if you expect the panthers to have a good pass rush. Louis Leonard on any Other Team is nothing more than a DECENT 3rd DT. You guys will have to beef up and get young Legs into the Middle of your D because God knows Michael Turner will be ok with Gutting your D and getting to get the second level where he is most dangerous. Do You really Expect Jon Beason to stop Mike in the Open field? Pssh get out of town.

Other than that your Lb corp are Decent and Jon Beason is a Pro Bowl LB. Your Corners are Good but your Safeties are rather average. Your D-line is a mess up and while your DE's Are talented they are also young and inexperienced.

What really concerns me about the middle of our line is what happens if Leonard goes down again. Leonard didn't play much in Cleveland because he isn't a prototypical nose tackle in the 3-4. While we will play him as a 0-technique tackle on certain packages, in general he's a 1-technique guy in our defense, something he seems to be more suited for. I mean I love Hollis Thomas, but he really didn't help our pass rush. He was basically Kemoeatu 2.0. Leonard, on the other hand, CAN penetrate. He had a sack in only two games. I'm not worried about his play nearly as much as I am about what happens if he goes down.

Sherrod Martin had 3 INTs at free safety last year in only five games, replacing an injured Godfrey, who also came back with a vengeance when his job was threatened; registering an int and three forced fumbles (more than Harris had all season) in five games at the end of the season. Don't sleep on the young guys. Again, depth is my main concern there. Hopefully one of the 300 defensive backs we took in the 6th and 7th rounds pan out like Captain did for us last year.

Edited by The Galloping Guido

Hmm Football Talk From a Panties Fan?

I See Greg Hardy Being Somewhat Good if he isn't your Main Threat rushing the Passer..(Not being Double Blocked) he has to develop because he is Big,Fast,Strong..he also has Motor that runs hot and cold..(I think his coaches made it sound worse than it really is.)*BTW sounding a lot like J.Peppers Huh?* on that note Everette Brown has to mature quickly if you expect the panthers to have a good pass rush. Louis Leonard on any Other Team is nothing more than a DECENT 3rd DT. You guys will have to beef up and get young Legs into the Middle of your D because God knows Michael Turner will be ok with Gutting your D and getting to get the second level where he is most dangerous. Do You really Expect Jon Beason to stop Mike in the Open field? Pssh get out of town.

Other than that your Lb corp are Decent and Jon Beason is a Pro Bowl LB. Your Corners are Good but your Safeties are rather average. Your D-line is a mess up and while your DE's Are talented they are also young and inexperienced.

Louis Leonard played two games for us, looking pretty good in the process. How can you even act like you know his ceiling? Tank Tyler and Hayden can rotate in (Tyler was KC's third leading tackler before he was traded). Corvey Irvin comes back. We've got depth, and some of it is actually pretty skilled. Hollis Thomas or John Henderson are both options in free agency, and we've shown the ability to acquire decent tackles midseason before.

Our pass rush will take a little hit, but guys like Charles Johnson need a chance to step up and play. He and Brown both got good pass rush last season, and now we're throwing Hardy in there.

Why does nobody remember Thomas Davis? He was a mortal lock to become a Pro Bowler if he hadn't blown out his knee last year. Our linebacking core is much better than mediocre. It's downright scary.

What agurement can you make when your team Drafts 3 QBS?!?!?! When you have one every panther fan was saying yep matt moore starter so much faith in matt moore he's going to lead us to the play-offs.

Alota good that did for ya. Drafting 3 qbs.....

What agurement can you make when your team Drafts 3 QBS?!?!?! When you have one every panther fan was saying yep matt moore starter so much faith in matt moore he's going to lead us to the play-offs.

Alota good that did for ya. Drafting 3 qbs.....

Clausen: Value pick/competition for Moore because the unquestioned incumbent starter approach worked so well for us post-2005 amirite

Edwards: You have literally zero excuse for thinking that the Panthers drafted Edwards to play quarterback. This includes under a rock/Amish/castaway scenarios

Pike: Value pick/practice squadder

Summary:

foxisamused.gif

Edited by Michael K

These are some legitimate points here...

STILL ...... I WON'T COUNT'EM OUT SO FAST. EVEN WITH THESE QUESTIONS ...

THEY HUNG IN THERE TO THE BITTER END LAST YEAR. IF THEY'D HAVE BENCHED

JAKE FROM THE START .... THINGS MAY HAVE BEEN VERY DIFFERENT.