When is super bowl going to be in A.T.L. again?

And too many Brand new Stadiums in line for us to get one. Only way is for us to get a new stadium. I think we could get one if it was an outdoor stadium because we are far south enough but a retractable roof would be better.

And too many Brand new Stadiums in line for us to get one. Only way is for us to get a new stadium. I think we could get one if it was an outdoor stadium because we are far south enough but a retractable roof would be better.

No...I remember them specifically saying they didn't want another in Atlanta after the ice storm with the last Super Bowl, and this is with a DOMED stadium! But get this...soon after they stated this, they went and gave DETROIT the Super Bowl and now INDIANAPOLIS has it in 2012 and Kansas City somehow may get it in 2015!!!

Anyways, you know how Atlanta CAN be in early February...sometimes it's in the 30s all day!

Edited by Falcon-Boi

We need to hype Atlanta up as a party city - I mean that is what it seems to be the determining factor. Miami & New Orleans have had/will have hosted the Super Bowl 10 times each. Both have reps as party towns. Next closest city -- San Diego with 3.

Gotta be a party town.

We need to hype Atlanta up as a party city - I mean that is what it seems to be the determining factor. Miami & New Orleans have had/will have hosted the Super Bowl 10 times each. Both have reps as party towns. Next closest city -- San Diego with 3.

Gotta be a party town.

atlanta is already a party city..U heard of the freaknik??? or have you been down to buckhead or the underground on a friday or saturday night. party central.

atlanta is already a party city..U heard of the freaknik??? or have you been down to buckhead or the underground on a friday or saturday night. party central.

Yes Georgians have heard of this but what about the rest of the country -- we need to get a rep -- last big party we had (Olympics) we had a literal big bang in the wrong way.

No...I remember them specifically saying they didn't want another in Atlanta after the ice storm with the last Super Bowl, and this is with a DOMED stadium! But get this...soon after they stated this, they went and gave DETROIT the Super Bowl and now INDIANAPOLIS has it in 2012 and Kansas City somehow may get it in 2015!!!

Anyways, you know how Atlanta CAN be in early February...sometimes it's in the 30s all day!

The rip on ATL was that the "little" ice storm literally froze the city. DET, IND, and KC deal with snow and ice, and lots of it, so they're prepared to keep the city moving. Here, we have thin grade power lines, lots of weak pine trees and virtually no snow equipment. That's practical, because the maintenance and such vs. the usage would be a bad financial move. But when the freezing rain comes, ATL is crippled. And - Feb. and March are the worst months for our bad weather. Dome or no Dome, I seriously wonder if we'll ever see another SB here.

Football is suppose to be played in rain or snow. I don't see why the NFL is so scared of doing it. People will come either way to see the team they love play.

A majority of the "fans" at a given Super Bowl are not truly fans of either team or even possibly the NFL. The Super Bowl is so corporate and the tickets are priced to a point where the casual fans don't make it past the parking lot.