AJC: Ex-Falcons to help raise funds for Kids & Pros, Inc.

Former Falcons greats Jessie Tuggle, Jeff Van Note and Buddy Curry will be on hand for the Falcon Nation Charity Organization’s Lunch With Legends at 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, May 11 at the Cheyenne Grille in the Peachtree Battle Shopping Center, 2391 Peachtree Road, N.E. Atlanta, Georgia 30305.

Jeff-Van-Note.JPG

Tickets for the event are $40. The proceeds will benefit Kids & Pros, an Atlanta based a non-profit organization.

Kids & Pros was formed by Curry and Bobby Butler in 2002.

It is a character development based football skills camp aimed at the 7-13 year old. Kids & Pros provides many underprivileged children an opportunity to learn about life issues and football skills through training and learning from former NFL players. Kids & Pros has conducted 32 camps throughout the Southeast and has reached more than 5,300 children.

Tuggle, Van Note and Curry will take part in a panel discussion and will take questions from the audience. There will also be a silent auction.

Tuggle and Van Note are members of the franchise’s Ring of Honor. Curry was the 1980 Associated Press rookie of the year.

Hal Moore is chairman of the Falcons Nation Charity Organization, which is a not-for-profit corporation whose primary purpose is to utilize the relationship between the Atlanta Falcons and its fans to facilitate the charitable goals of the Atlanta Falcons, its players, and staff. FNCO will accomplish this goal through independent fundraising and making its members available for volunteer service.

You can contact the group through Moore at FNCO@FalconNationCharities.org.

Tickets for the luncheon must be purchased in advance at www.falconnationcharities.org/legendsregister.html.

Nice article by DLed.

Edit: http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2010/05/03/ex-falcons-to-help-raise-funds-for-kids-pros-inc/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_falcons_blog&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by sporkdevil

Agree, he's so much better than some we've had in the past, like T. Moore & Lenny Pastabelly.

I just vomited in my mouth a little bit at the mention of Moore. DLed should be getting more credit than he does. He likes the team (Moore hated all Atlanta sports teams, see his last AJC article) and usually gets some good info. Moore would show up just to tell Tuggle, Van Note, and Curry that they were never good enough to win the Superbowl (see also, Moore's last AJC article).

I've never understood the knock against D'Led. He's done a fine job since taling over for Wyche. I just think that Wyche was loved by the fan base (probably because he is one of the most talented reporters in football). D'Led got the knock just because he wasn't Wyche.

The only real non-talent hack at the AJC now is Bradley, who is nothing more than a Terrance Moore wannabe with less talent.

Is the Hal Moore in the article Rev Hal here? laugh.gif

I admire your drive and dedication for this. It is a lot more than I can do.

How many fat ugly Hal's are out there running around talking Falcons 24x7? If there is more than 1, I'll start a club!

And Shiney, you've only known me for 8 years now! laugh.gif

I've never understood the knock against D'Led. He's done a fine job since taling over for Wyche. I just think that Wyche was loved by the fan base (probably because he is one of the most talented reporters in football). D'Led got the knock just because he wasn't Wyche.

The only real non-talent hack at the AJC now is Bradley, who is nothing more than a Terrance Moore wannabe with less talent.

Less talent than Moore? Can you have less than zero? :unsure:

Moore could put together a coherent argument, even if it was inflammatory. Bradley just seems to be negative to try and create controversy.

agree, somewhat....although I think Moore did that to a degree as well.

But back on point...

The FNCO is putting this on to raise money and awareness for organizations like Kids & Pros, but it's also for us fans as well. The Falcons are 100% behind the FNCO (just look at the silent auction items to see that), and the AJC is picking up on that as well. From what I see on facebook, there are still a few tickets out there remaining (if you have not done it yet, "LIKE" Falcon Nation Charity Organization on facebook and/or follow them on twitter @FalconNationCO). We fans need to buy them all up and then pack the Cheyenne Grill with Falcon fans. Let the Falcons know their fans want to be an active participant in the charitable causes that the front office, players, coaching staff, cheerleaders, and former players support. This is just the tip of the iceberg for the kinds of events that can be put on by the FNCO, and when the Falcons see that we fans can really be a boost to their efforts, they are going to be more and more willing to open up to the FNCO with both their time (with players & staff at events) and other items, such as those which were donated for use with the silent auction. This is such a unique opportunity for our fans and team to become engaged with each other in a way that's never been seen before in the NFL and to really make a difference in our community.

Ok, let me step down now.

icon_soapbox.gif