Mettenberger pleads guilty to sexual battery.

Sac is it me, or do you think if he had been upfront about it to Richt, Richt probably wouldn't have cut him from the team. I could see a 6 game or a full season suspension but I doubt Richt would have cut him loose if he had just been upfront about it. With that being said, Mett is probably better off going to another school, at least if he really wants playing time.

Sac is it me, or do you think if he had been upfront about it to Richt, Richt probably wouldn't have cut him from the team. I could see a 6 game or a full season suspension but I doubt Richt would have cut him loose if he had just been upfront about it. With that being said, Mett is probably better off going to another school, at least if he really wants playing time.

cmr did him a favor imo. mett got off easy on this. it could have been much worse and the lady in question wanted him to be dealt with by cmr. yes he lied about it and that was a big issue, but sexual battery is also very bad and with him being kicked off the team that helped this get resolved. IMO even if he didn't lie he would be gone for a variety of big reasons. Mett needs to thank cmr for this outcome and as matt said he is heading to louisville.

Wow! He got banished from Valdosta for a year!?! Dang that's pretty bad when you get banished from a whole city. I feel bad for him, but I'm glad he's owning up and taking responsibility for his actions. I wish him all the best, except for when we play Louisville next year.

he deserves it.. i don't care how drunk you get no excuse for that crap.. btw louisville and boston college turned down mett. i was surprised when i saw louisville was possibly one destination with their mess after what bobby left them. after petrino left they had soo many program issues it took a few years for steve k to get them heading in the right direction. middle tennessee looks like a destination for mett..

he deserves it.. i don't care how drunk you get no excuse for that crap.. btw louisville and boston college turned down mett. i was surprised when i saw louisville was possibly one destination with their mess after what bobby left them. after petrino left they had soo many program issues it took a few years for steve k to get them heading in the right direction. middle tennessee looks like a destination for mett..

Wow, I figured Louisville would jump all over him, perhaps like CMR, they didn't get quite as hyped up over 1 good practice.

Wow, I figured Louisville would jump all over him, perhaps like CMR, they didn't get quite as hyped up over 1 good practice.

a number of schools showed interested BEFORE the guilty plea to sexual battery. so i understand why some team's said no. The other 5 charges were one thing, sexual battery is something totally different.

a number of schools showed interested BEFORE the guilty plea to sexual battery. so i understand why some team's said no. The other 5 charges were one thing, sexual battery is something totally different.

I completely despise what he did------and I already said that. Personally, I would just assume he never play college ball again.

I completely despise what he did------and I already said that. Personally, I would just assume he never play college ball again.

i do as well.. no woman deserves that type of treatment.. i do have to laugh at derek dooley is already showing he is the next fulmer when it comes to discipline.