A LB i wouldnt mind taking a look at

Rocky McIntosh. He is a pretty good LB in Wash, but is no longer a good fit because of the scheme change. He could play WLB o SLB. At 6-2 240 he has good speed and tackling abillity. Smitty says our OLB positions are interchangeable, so he would fit in well with our system. Nicholas contract expires after this upcoming season, so I would bring in Rocky to compete fir the starting SLB spot. i bet he could be had for a 5th.

WLB:Spoon/Wire/Nicholas

MLB:Lofton/Peterson

SLB:McIntosh/Nicholas/Peterson (They compete in 2010. The winner gets starting spot in 2011

ok I dont understand why we(MB) want to keep bringing in this low level talent or big name FA. We just had a draft to build depth, we dont have many holes on the team, so bringing in a FA is probably not apart of the process at this point. The biggest ? we had a LB was WLB and we drafted a highly talented player in Weatherspoon, when he starts we will still have Peterson who can fill in at all three LB spots.

It was all good before the draft, but after the draft we wont see alot of FA unless someone gets hurts or we have some questions marks at some postions.

Spoon-Starter

Lofton-Starter

Nicholas-Starter

Peterson(34)-backup at all three positions(Wont be after next season)

Wire(31)-good depth, but for how long(definitely not a long term solution)

Adkins-Proved to be a good ST,but he is Veeerrry Raw.I like his potential

James-Really?

With my suggestion of possibly adding McIntosh(27) we get a young LB versatile enough to play both outside spots and could arguably be better than Nicholas right now.Getting him for a 5th would be a no brainer.Our starting 3 look very impressive for years to come, but are depth on the other hand needs some work to be considered more than a few stop gap solutions. With a McIntosh addition, all we would need to do is draft a mid round MLB next year and we will be set.

Wow see I just don't understand why someone would want to blindly keep a 33 year old LB that was good at best. Why not at least take a look at a 27 year old maybe just maybe he can be as good and a WHOLE lot younger. but I'm not an expert. just figure if one turns out to be as good as the other I'll take the 27 year old any day and TWICE on SUNDAY

So we can take on someone who has never played in our system, and immediately we have to give him a contract extension or lose him for nothing at the end of the season. So we either pay significant coin to 4 LBs (Lofton, Nic, Spoon, McIntosh) or we lose Nic and are back to square one.

Or we can use our mid-round pick on someone who we can have for 4 years at a decent price.

It's strange how the FO says we are building through the draft repeatedly and no one believes them...

So we can take on someone who has never played in our system, and immediately we have to give him a contract extension or lose him for nothing at the end of the season. So we either pay significant coin to 4 LBs (Lofton, Nic, Spoon, McIntosh) or we lose Nic and are back to square one.

Or we can use our mid-round pick on someone who we can have for 4 years at a decent price.

It's strange how the FO says we are building through the draft repeatedly and no one believes them...

BINGO!!!

We don't need him... at all. I will say this, I just watched the Dallas game again today and Peterson is a complete liability. He was getting torched by everyone, missed tackles, and misplayed zones... on a related note, JA98 actually didn't look bad. It was pretty weird...

I agree why would we take on someone that has never played in our system. I think we just need to cut all of our draft picks because they have never played in our system, and why would we want to take a look at a 27 year old LB who is just dumb and could never learn our very complicated system. We have a 33 year old who knows it even if he might not be around much longer he does know our complicated system. So lets just keep him and forget about trying to get younger. We have a defense that not just anyone can learn. :blink: :wacko:

Edited by falcons faithful

I agree why would we take on someone that has never played in our system. I think we just need to cut all of our draft picks because they have never played in our system, and why would we want to take a look at a 27 year old LB who is just dumb and could never learn our very complicated system. We have a 33 year old who knows it even if he might not be around much longer he does know our complicated system. So lets just keep him and forget about trying to get younger. We have a defense that not just anyone can learn. :blink: :wacko:

I don't think that was the point he was trying to make... I'm pretty sure that he was on-board with building through the draft. Why would we even consider this guy? He hasn't really done anything spectacular. I agree that we should do something about Peterson, but I'm pretty sure that's why we drafted Spoon...

I don't think that was the point he was trying to make... I'm pretty sure that he was on-board with building through the draft. Why would we even consider this guy? He hasn't really done anything spectacular. I agree that we should do something about Peterson, but I'm pretty sure that's why we drafted Spoon...

Well see I didn't call Madam Cleo to ask her what he was think. I only know what he said. "So we can take on someone who has never played in our system, " the only way I read that is don't take a chance on someone who has never played in our system. Really don't see any other way to read it sorry. As far as the whole done anything spectacular thing I just don't remember Peterson being all that much better and his stats prove it. So nothing against Peterson but McIntosh is only 27 where Peterson is 33

Edited by falcons faithful

Well see I didn't call Madam Cleo to ask her what he was think. I only know what he said. "So we can take on someone who has never played in our system, " the only way I read that is don't take a chance on someone who has never played in our system. Really don't see any other way to read it sorry. As far as the whole done anything spectacular thing I just don't remember Peterson being all that much better and his stats prove it. So nothing against Peterson but McIntosh is only 27 where Peterson is 33

Living in DC, I see the Redskins play more often than I want to, but I'll say this: McIntosh is a darned good linebacker. I'd rather have him on the team over Peterson any day of the week. He'd also be good insurance in case the team decides to let Nicholas walk after his contract ends. And I don't see how the contract/money is really a concern, because it's an uncapped season and I'm sure Mr. Blank has plenty of money left to spend on the team if it will help us win games - which McIntosh could do.

I guess they dont understand what building through the draft means. They want us to sign a free agent LB when we just drafted a brand new talented young LB to replace Peterson. Just remember ever since we sign TD and Mike Smith things have been looking up we are more relevant than we have been in years so there is no reason to doubt our staff now so sit back an enjoy the ride. :D WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

ok I dont understand why we(MB) want to keep bringing in this low level talent or big name FA. We just had a draft to build depth, we dont have many holes on the team, so bringing in a FA is probably not apart of the process at this point. The biggest ? we had a LB was WLB and we drafted a highly talented player in Weatherspoon, when he starts we will still have Peterson who can fill in at all three LB spots.

It was all good before the draft, but after the draft we wont see alot of FA unless someone gets hurts or we have some questions marks at some postions.

So true...

Ok... since you feel the need to be a smarta55, I'll explain. What role would McIntosh play in our system? Bench rider. So why would we pick him up, Sign him, and have him ride pine behind a rookie. And since you are taking things out of context, I'll be sure to explain everything very clearly. He would sit the bench behind Spoon. And why would we pick up a 27 year old when we have a 22 year old linebacker already.

How bout we just leave it at this, WE BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT. WE DO NOT NEED OTHER TEAMS REJECTS OR LEFTOVERS... Don't be stupid. It's unbecoming...

with all the udfa's the falcons signed it's open competition at several spots,barring injury at a major spot,the falcons are going to see what they have, and i can't see adding anything on defense,if they sign anyone it will be on offense and they will not give away a draft pick unless it's a pro bowl caliber must have player