Ahmadinejad blasts US, Israel, but has some great ideas

nuccah

LINK

Iran's leader slams U.S., Israel at U.N.

By the CNN Wire Staff

May 3, 2010 -- Updated 1755 GMT (0155 HKT)

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad speaks at the United on Monday.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Delegates from U.S., U.K., France walked out as President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad spoke

Ahmadinejad called the weapons "a fire against humanity"

Ahmadinejad blasted the United States and Israel

Ahmadinejad: Israel has been stockpiling nuclear warheads, with unconditional U.S. support

RELATED TOPICS

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Iran

United Nations

United Nations (CNN) -- Delegates from the United States, the United Kingdom and France walked out Monday as Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad blasted America and Israel at a global gathering on disarmament and offered his own ideas to thwart the spread of nuclear weapons.

Ahmadinejad said he deplores the possession and use of nuclear arms and called the weapons "a fire against humanity" rather than weapons "for defense."

He said nuclear-weapon states want to "monopolize" the weapons and "peaceful nuclear energy." His blunt criticism of the West sparked the walkout by the lower-level Western diplomats.

Ahmadinejad spoke at the Conference of the Parties to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons. The conference has been held every five years for nations to discuss how to cut the world's stockpile of nuclear weapons.

Iran's nuclear program has been controversial. Western nations say Iran is seeking to develop nuclear weapons and they have been working to stop its efforts. Tehran says its program is aimed strictly at developing nuclear energy, and Ahmadinejad reiterated that stance.

He said those who "carried out the first atomic bombardment are among the most hated individuals in human history," a reference to the U.S. bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki during World War II. He said the United States continues to threaten to use such weaponry against other countries, including Iran.

"The first atomic weapons were produced and used by the United States," he said. "This seemed, apparently, to provide the United States and its allies with the upper hand in World War II. However, it became the main source of the development and the spread of nuclear weapons by the others and brought about the nuclear arms race," he said, adding that Washington has "never respected" any of its nonproliferation commitments.

He also said Israel has been stockpiling nuclear weapons and threatens its neighbors. Israel has never confirmed that it possesses nuclear arms.

"While the Zionist regime -- which has stockpiled hundreds of nuclear warheads -- has waged many wars in the region and continues to threaten the people and nations of the region with terror and invasion, [it] enjoys the unconditional support of the United States government and its allies and receives, as well, the necessary assistance to develop its nuclear weapons program."

Ahmadinejad touted the use of nuclear energy as "among the cleanest and cheapest sources of energy."

"Severe climate change and environmental pollution caused by fossil fuel has intensified the need to expand the use of nuclear energy," he said. "The nuclear technology can be effectively and widely applied in the production of medical isotopes for diagnosis and treatment of life-threatening diseases as well as in industry, agriculture and in other fields."

Ahmadinejad wants "dismantling of nuclear weapons stationed in the military bases of the United States and its allies in other countries, including Germany, Italy, Japan and the Netherlands" and suspending of membership in the United Nations' atomic energy agency for states that use or threaten to use nuclear weapons.

The Iranian leader called for "transparent, binding and effective mechanisms buttressed with solid international guarantees" to achieve nuclear disarmament and called for an independent international group to pursue that end.

He called for "termination of all types of research, development or improvement of nuclear weapons and their related facilities" and adoption of a legally binding measure prohibiting "production, stockpiling, improvement, proliferation, maintaining and use of nuclear weapons."

Ahmadinejad advocated "immediate and unconditional implementation" of a Mideast nuclear-free zone.

Also, he said, "any threat to use nuclear weapons or attack against peaceful nuclear facilities" should be considered "a breach of international peace and security, and swift reaction from the United Nations and termination of all cooperation of [nonproliferation treaty] member states with the threatening/aggressor state."

The "era of reliance" of some nations on "nuclear weaponry has passed," Ahmadinejad said.

"Rather than continuing with the failed policy of the predecessors, it would be better to join the wide and transparent ocean of nations, independent states and human wisdom and culture. This would be in our best interest," he said, adding "There will be no room in the future for bullying and the arrogant."

He urged U.S. President Obama to join the "humane movement" Ahmadinejad espoused "if he is still committed to his motto of 'change,' since tomorrow would be too late for this."

First off, let me point out the parts I don't agree with:

1. That we made a mistake using the atom bombs on Japan.

2. That we never respected nonproliferation agreements.

3. That we threatened to use nuclear weapons.

Let me point out what I DO agree with:

1. Everything about Israel. I STILL don't understand why we support this country?

2. Nuclear energy as a very important source of power.

3. Disarmament of nuclear weapons.

Let me note, I am not in 100% agreement with that, but who the **** needs 1,550 warheads? Wouldn't even 100 be enough to beat the largest country in the world into submission and probably doom the Earth?

4. Termination of all research into nuclear weapons.

5. Threats of nuclear use against peaceful facilities as a breach of international peace and security.

You saw no issue with killing millions of innocent people, and poisoning future generation who live in that area? :huh:

I will take the decision to drop them again every day of the week over a land-invasion.

Don't pull numbers out of your *** either. I had this discussion just last week with some family members. Nobody knows the exact number of people that died, but the best guesses range from 300.000-500.000 total. That is including the people that died within the next 5-10 years of radiation poisoning.

Keep in mind, we're talking about a leadership that refused to surrender even AFTER the bombing of Hiroshima.

Take a read of Operation Downfall, and you'll get the idea of why those bombings saved countless millions.

I will take the decision to drop them again every day of the week over a land-invasion.

Don't pull numbers out of your *** either. I had this discussion just last week with some family members. Nobody knows the exact number of people that died, but the best guesses range from 300.000-500.000 total. That is including the people that died within the next 5-10 years of radiation poisoning.

Keep in mind, we're talking about a leadership that refused to surrender even AFTER the bombing of Hiroshima.

Take a read of Operation Downfall, and you'll get the idea of why those bombings saved countless millions.

Americans dont even know the number of illegal citizens in their country so I wont take some made up couple of thousand number from their military. There is no doubt that at least a million lives were ruined because of that bombing. Why wasnt an atomic bomb dropped on Germany? Why were these special tools kept for an asian population?

You saw no issue with killing millions of innocent people, and poisoning future generation who live in that area? :huh:

http://www.atomicarchive.com/Docs/MED/med_chp10.shtml

1) Japan attacked the U.S. December 7, 1941. That is why we went to war.

2) The nuclear attack on Hiroshima and Nagasaki shortened the war and saved U.S. lives.

Remember, Japan started the war. Plus fire bombing was under way in Japan also and they would not surrender.

3) "Millions" of innocent civilians were not killed in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

4) Population 1945:

Hirosima-255,000, bomb deaths-66,000, injuries-69,000 total: 135,000

Nagasaki-195,000, bomb deaths-39,000, injuries-25,000 total: 64,000

4) Total atomic bomb casualties WWII: 199,000. However, the war was over.

http://www.atomicarchive.com/Docs/MED/med_chp10.shtml

1) Japan attacked the U.S. December 7, 1941. That is why we went to war.

2) The nuclear attack on Hiroshima and Nagasaki shortened the war and saved U.S. lives.

Remember, Japan started the war. Plus fire bombing was under way in Japan also and they would not surrender.

3) "Millions" of innocent civilians were not killed in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

4) Population 1945:

Hirosima-255,000, bomb deaths-66,000, injuries-69,000 total: 135,000

Nagasaki-195,000, bomb deaths-39,000, injuries-25,000 total: 64,000

4) Total atomic bomb casualties WWII: 199,000. However, the war was over.

Poor people....Bombing civilians. :(

The interment camps were reaction of racism (I assume thats where you were going) not the atomic bomb. Germany surrenderd just before we finished the atomic bomb but you can bet your bottom dollar that we would have done it if we had too (They had thier own atomic program and as of early 1943 Japan had a fledging one, don't fool yourself they weren't a bunch a guys with bamboo sticks they knew thier stuff). We weren't about to wait.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_nuclear_energy_project

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_atomic_program

The interment camps were reaction of racism not the atomic bomb. Germany surrenderd just before we finished the atomic bomb but you can bet your bottom dollar that we would have done it if we had too (They had thier own atomic program and as of early 1943 Japan had a fledging one, don't fool yourself they weren't a bunch a guys with bamboo sticks they knew thier stuff). We weren't about to wait.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_nuclear_energy_project

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_atomic_program

Germans were white...America would have went over before they dropped an A-bomb on them -_-

Poor people....Bombing civilians. :(

We bombed major military installations and industrial centers.

It was either throw our army at a group of people willing to commit suicide in droves to win the war, or drop 2 bombs. I find the fact that they didn't want to surrender after getting hit the first time more disturbing than anything.

Germans were white...America would have went over before they dropped an A-bomb on them -_-

So we wait till they finish and surrender? (Probally dooming are Jewish and Black populations?) Even though we had the upper hand? Germany had lost wars before and they knew when they we're beat (They were lucky USSR didn't have any yet cause they would have dropped bombs gleefully for what they did to russia).

Did you know we perfected tactics of carpet bombing over GERMANY? Between us and Britain we killed a **** load of German citizens. Not a whole lot about race so much as trying to minimalize your own casualties and beat your enemy into submission

Americans during WWII hated the Germans more than the Japanese. We fought them on a wider front plus they were bombing the h*ll out of the "civilians" in London, largest city of our closest ally.

Americans during WWII hated the Germans more than the Japanese. We fought them on a wider front plus they were bombing the h*ll out of the "civilians" in London, largest city of our closest ally.

Why wasnt the Germans placed in internment camps the exact same way the Japanese were then? Fear tactics used in the media didnt follow over that far eh?

Edited by Julian St.Clor

Best estimation of Civillian casualties by the end of the war (keep in mid we killed far more japannese through normal bombing)

ESTIMATED!!!

Over half a million Japaneses Civiillians dead.

Almost 3 million German citizens

Why wasnt the Germans placed in internment camps the exact same way the Japanese were then? Fear tactics used in the media didnt follow over that far eh?

This we agree on. It was pretty much racism. Also though nearly half the American population is of German decent soooooooo...... yeah. Unfourtunatly it was easier to go after a minority.

So, we agree that the united states is a racist country?

We agree that the United States is not a perfect country. (We try though) Considering we're the only 1st world nation with a minoirty as president I wouldn't say were racist.

We agree that the United States is not a perfect country. (We try though) Considering we're the only 1st world nation with a minoirty as president I wouldn't say were racist.

How is Obama a minority? Only by racist american standards is he so

He came from a white womb. How can a white womb birth a black man? How is he black?

How is The USA a 1st world nation and not China?

How is Obama a minority? Only by racist american standards is he so

He came from a white womb. How can a white womb birth a black man? How is he black?

How is The USA a 1st world nation and not China?

3 things

Thats a different disscussion entirely, who's talking about China and Obama whatever his biological blood is identfyed by (most Black/White voters and he himself says) black.

Hardly anyone in this country is of one race.

3 things

Thats a different disscussion entirely, who's talking about China and Obama whatever his biological blood is identfyed by (most Black/White voters and he himself says) black.

Hardly anyone in this country is of one race.

If I started identifying myself as Chinese tomorrow would I be Chinese?

Most black/white voters in this nation are, for lack of a better word, dumb...as that racist briton Winston Churchill once said "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter"

What right does a person, or uneducated voters, have to properly lable a persons race?

If I started identifying myself as Chinese tomorrow would I be Chinese?

Most black/white voters in this nation are, for lack of a better word, dumb...as that racist briton Winston Churchill once said "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter"

What right does a person, or uneducated voters, have to properly lable a persons race?

If you were at least part Chinese then I my view you can call your self Chinese (or American or British watever)

(you missed the point on this entirely Jules you picked up on one phrase)

I fail to see what any of this has to do with the atomic bomb or Ahmadinejad?

If you were at least part Chinese then I my view you can call your self Chinese (or American or British watever)

(you missed the point on this entirely Jules you picked up on one phrase)

I fail to see what any of this has to do with the atomic bomb or Ahmadinejad?

But when does half make a whole?...but I digress.

it seems this thread in my typical fashion moved away from the original topic ^_^

If People THINK he's black (and they THINK he's fit too lead him)

KEYWORD THINK

And said voter is not Black they're probally not racist (at least not to the degree of hate)

Ignorance and Racism are not one in the same.