Two big commitment anouncements Dawg fans you should know.

May 14th - Sterling Bailey

May 15th - Justin Scott

FYI i have told many on here where they are both going. :DB) The floodgates have opened. Publics will continue. We had a few a couple of weeks ago come out and we have some more in the near future. Dawg fans enjoy.

Research time.

Justin Scott-Wesley...10.53 100m and a 21.50 200m. He is 5'11", 205# with a 4.41 40-yard dash. #62 WR in nation by Scout. He can go faster too, he hasn't hit his ceiling in this respect. I believe he will run track at UGA too, right Sac?

Edited by Nicolae

Sac - Did the Lemay commitment (aka "leader") bump up Scott's announcement date or has this been scheduled already?

Also, what do you think our chances are with Peake now that Lemay is onboard? I know they are pretty close friends..

I truly feel we will have a top 10 class, perhaps even top 5 in 2011.

I would be shocked and disappointed if we didn't end up with a top 5 class. It should easily be a top 5 class with the players we are in the hunt for or are leaders for...

Justin Scott-Wesley...10.53 100m and a 21.50 200m. He is 5'11", 205# with a 4.41 40-yard dash. #62 WR in nation by Scout. He can go faster too, he hasn't hit his ceiling in this respect. I believe he will run track at UGA too, right Sac?

yeah he will do both imo..

Sac - Did the Lemay commitment (aka "leader") bump up Scott's announcement date or has this been scheduled already?

Also, what do you think our chances are with Peake now that Lemay is onboard? I know they are pretty close friends..

let's say this tjb.. both guys are dawgs from what i have been told.. now after lemay commited he called sterling bailey who a few moments later called the recruiting guys and said i am ready to committ on the 14th.. he next called justin scott and then decided today to commit on may 15th.. yes lemay was instrumental in both guys coming out in middle may.

peak i still think he ends up at clemson.

I truly feel we will have a top 10 class, perhaps even top 5 in 2011.

if we win 9 to 10 games on the field we are top 5. We have a chance at #1 overall depending on who we get out of state. I personally have felt with the guys we already have committed that we will be a top 3 class.

if we win 9 to 10 games on the field we are top 5. We have a chance at #1 overall depending on who we get out of state. I personally have felt with the guys we already have committed that we will be a top 3 class.

No way Sac. According to the national media, UGA is a sinking ship and Richt is going down with it. ;) :P :lol:

I've watched Scott run a 10.40 with my own eyes. No way he's 5'11". I'm 6'0 and he's taller than me.

that goes for all recruits no matter the team.. like matt elam and fsu/uf. sterling bailey is committing to uga and has been a dawg for a while.

I know Sac. I'm just saying. Lord asked if he was going to sign with UGA. No ones going to know until NSD. Just don't see the reason in getting such high hopes this early in the process.

I know Sac. I'm just saying. Lord asked if he was going to sign with UGA. No ones going to know until NSD. Just don't see the reason in getting such high hopes this early in the process.

Yep and I answered him. You can say that about any player cody. The answer today is Sterling Bailey will be a dawg. With our history of keeping committed players is very good there is no reason to think he won't be a dawg. We don't have a nash/mike nance situation here. I don't see a reason not to be excited about a commit at this point in the process. It's great and this class is looking awesome. :D How is your class looking now? I haven't kept up with fsu, but I am sure it's a great one. Have you guys heard anything on gosha?

No way Sac. According to the national media, UGA is a sinking ship and Richt is going down with it. ;) :P :lol:

:lol::lol: the national guys don't do their homework and instead listen to talk radio. I remember when jamie newberg was on 680thefan with those two morons chuck and matt. they wanted to do their usual trash uga and say how down uga is with recruiting and crap and jamie kept correcting them and kept telling them that uga is doing just fine and have a chance to have a great chance while auburn chuckie wouldn't hear of it. Now if you are a national guy and you listened to sports talk radio in atlanta instead of actually talk to people in athens and those close to the program and do your homework you would come away with an opinion not back up by facts. I love it though. Our program is heading in the right direction and the Dream Team of players instate will continue to jump onboard. :D

East Hall’s Sterling Bailey sets date to reveal choice.

Say this for Sterling Bailey: The young man can keep a secret.

The East Hall football star already knows to which school he plans to commit — has known for a while actually — but he still does not intend to make it public until May 14. That’s the day he has selected to reveal the lucky winner from among the 23 teams that have offered him a scholarship.

You can try, but you’re not going to get anything out of him until then.

“It’s not that hard to keep it [a secret] since I’ve been keeping it this long,” said Bailey, declining to say exactly how long he has had his mind made up. “I’m starting to hear from a lot of people. Everybody wants to know. But I just tell them to ‘tune in May 14th and you’ll find out.’”

Bailey’s announcement is tentatively planned for 6:30 p.m. at the high school.

Bailey, a 6-foot-5, 250-pound defensive end, has fielded offers from pretty much every major program in the South and some as far away as California and Notre Dame. But in recent weeks he has narrowed it down to a more manageable final seven. His choice will come from among Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, South Carolina and Tennessee.

Getting down to that number was a deliberate and methodical process for Bailey and his family.

“I had picked some categories on what would make we want to go to a school,” Bailey explained. “Then I looked up some background on each one and placed them into the categories. The schools that stood out the most, I called them and talked to the coach and just tried to see what kind of connection I had with them.”

Once he decided on finalists, Bailey said he leaned hard on God, his father Kevin and the pastors of their church in Lula.

“He prayed about it and had our pastors pray about it and God led him to a decision,” Kevin Bailey said.

If that sounds similar to the scenario that just played out with Christian LeMay up in North Carolina, that’s because it is. LeMay, a quarterback who committed to Georgia this past Friday, and Bailey have become friends during the recruiting process.

“Him and Sterling are real good friends,” Kevin Bailey said. “It seems like every time we’d go on a trip to one of these schools we’d see him. Sterling called [last week] and talked to him the day before [his announcement] and he told Sterling, just wait and see where I’m going.”

That’s as close as you’ll get to a hint you’ll get out of the Baileys. Even the college coaches still in the running have been left to wonder.

“Right now all my calls are being fielded on my dad’s phone,” Bailey said. “But I’ve been getting messages on my phone and on Facebook [from coaches] asking me, ‘am I in the top, am I in the running?’ and all this. I just tell them all it’s an open race right now.”

At least until the 14th of May.

fyi a new article above.

Yep and I answered him. You can say that about any player cody. The answer today is Sterling Bailey will be a dawg. With our history of keeping committed players is very good there is no reason to think he won't be a dawg. We don't have a nash/mike nance situation here. I don't see a reason not to be excited about a commit at this point in the process. It's great and this class is looking awesome. :D How is your class looking now? I haven't kept up with fsu, but I am sure it's a great one. Have you guys heard anything on gosha?

I know man. I'm not trying to be a hater or anything btw.

But I'm really liking this class. A lot of the guys we have had people scratching their heads. Bu after they attend combines they come back with offers from Bama and USC. But the thing that haws me the most giddy is that almost all our kids have a 3.0 GPA. Fisher has completely changed this program for the better. Haven't heard much about Gosha lately so no telling there. But kids like Trey Pettis and Nile Lawrence-Stample are doing a great job recruiting.

BTW check Niles tape out.

You don't many 6 foot 2, 300 pounders playing middle linebacker do you? ^_^ . The guy is something special.

I know man. I'm not trying to be a hater or anything btw.

But I'm really liking this class. A lot of the guys we have had people scratching their heads. Bu after they attend combines they come back with offers from Bama and USC. But the thing that haws me the most giddy is that almost all our kids have a 3.0 GPA. Fisher has completely changed this program for the better. Haven't heard much about Gosha lately so no telling there. But kids like Trey Pettis and Nile Lawrence-Stample are doing a great job recruiting.

BTW check Niles tape out.

You don't many 6 foot 2, 300 pounders playing middle linebacker do you? ^_^ . The guy is something special.

Well you never know til you get guys at the camps which will be all summer. Kids will move or down based on performances and of course their senior year. You just need to trust your coaches and your staff isn't going to have an issue with targeting the right talent to match what they want to do. Regarding gosha, fsu guys have told us that he really loves uga and some have conceded him to us, but we aren't hearing anything on him which is bit unusual based on the comments by fsu fans. That is great to have your commits be active in recruiting. That really helps like what christian lemay has done for uga already. You are right regarding that mlb.. dang.. nice..

one question what have you guys heard on steward? he is a freaking beast.

Sac - Aside from Watts, who else are we targeting for OL in this class? How many do you think we take and what do you think our chances are for each?

we are going after Brandon Shell and Xzavier Ward and we are in great shape for shell and very good shape for ward.

I hope we have some elite guys on the way with everybody talking about UGA potentially having a top 5 class. I know rankings aren't everything but if we were to have a top 5 class wouldn't that require at least a few guys that are top 5 at their position/ 5 star guys. NO OFFENSE to these two players whatsoever, but Scout has them both as 3 stars. Scott is ranked as the 62nd best WR in the country?? Bailey... the 45th ranked DE?? I understand no class will be full of 5 star type guys, but what elite prospects are we gonna have to make up this potential top 5 class? What elite players do we have a good chance of getting? Again... no disrespect to these young men, if they play for UGA I will pull for them 100%. but I want to see some guys with a single digit ranking next to their name. Being a fan of a big time program like UGA, seeing a 62 next to a kids name doesn't really do it...

Edited by aPureTerror