2010 week 1 predictions.

Big Bubba

Min@NO

Cle@TB

Atl@Pit

Car@Nyg

Vikings@Saints - If Favre is back, I think the Vikings walk away with the win. If Favre doesn't come back, the Saints have their first home win of the year.

Browns@Buccaneers - Buccaneers. Delhomme doesn't have a Steve Smith quality wr in Cleveland nor a run game anywhere near as potent as the one he had with the Panthers. Buccaneers start the season off with some much needed confidence.

Falcons@Steelers - Steelers. With the Steelers defense healthy again, they're a force against even the best of offenses. I think they come out of the gate playing their minds out. Whereas I think the Falcons will need a few weeks for their defense to gel.

Panthers@Giants - This one can go either way. You know the Giants are bound to still be p1ssed about what the Panthers did to them last season, and it was their last game in their stadium and in front of all their HOF veterans to boot. How embarrassing would it be to have the Panthers dominate you in your new stadium the same way they did during your last game of the old stadium?

Edited by 08NFCSChamps

Min@NO

Cle@TB

Atl@Pit

Car@Nyg

New Orleans starts the season off right with a win against the Vikings, but it's real close.

Tampa Bay takes the victory with an impressive display offensively.

Atlanta wins as Big Ben's absence from the team screws them in a narrow loss.

New York Giants win and creates a RC discussion as to who the starting QB for the panther's will be week 2.

Vikings @ Saints- Minny will be without their #2 corner, their #1 corner will be 33 years old and he was already taken steps back. Their safeties are average at best and their MLB will be coming off a broken leg if he plays. Then of course there is the Favre factor, and even if he does come back and he hasn't attempted very many throws the first week anyway. Saints win this one.

Browns @ Bucs- Well, a sleeper. Bucs win this one and proclaim they're headed to the Super Bowl.

Falcons @ Steelers- The Steelers will be without Big Ben, but if the past is any indication Pittsburgh can plug in QB's and have some success. Their run game should be improved and their D will be fully healthy, and with Polamalu back this defense is totally different. They also added Foote and a few other pieces. With the game being away, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Pitt wins this in a close one.

Panthers @ Giants- Both teams were disappointments last season and I believe one will bounce back. With a lot of emotion in the air with the opening of a new stadium and such, I say New York takes a close one.

Min@NO

Cle@TB

Atl@Pit

Car@Nyg

Vikings@Saints - If Favre is back, I think the Vikings walk away with the win. If Favre doesn't come back, the Saints have their first home win of the year.

Browns@Buccaneers - Buccaneers. Delhomme doesn't have a Steve Smith quality wr in Cleveland nor a run game anywhere near as potent as the one he had with the Panthers. Buccaneers start the season off with some much needed confidence.

Falcons@Steelers - Steelers. With the Steelers defense healthy again, they're a force against even the best of offenses. I think they come out of the gate playing their minds out. Whereas I think the Falcons will need a few weeks for their defense to gel.

Panthers@Giants - This one can go either way. You know the Giants are bound to still be p1ssed about what the Panthers did to them last season, and it was their last game in their stadium and in front of all their HOF veterans to boot. How embarrassing would it be to have the Panthers dominate you in your new stadium the same way they did during your last game of the old stadium?

New Orleans win

Tampa Bay win

Atlanta win

Carolina lose

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Browns @ Bucs- Well, a sleeper. Bucs win this one and proclaim they're headed to the Super Bowl.

Like when you all beat a Lions team that hadn't won a game in their last 17 in your home opener last season?

Funny how when the Saints win games against weak opponents they're meaningful games.:rolleyes:

As usual your lack of objectivity is glaringly obvious.:lol:

Like when you all beat a Lions team that hadn't won a game in their last 17 in your home opener last season?

Funny how when the Saints win games against weak opponents they're meaningful games.rolleyes.gif

As usual your lack of objectivity is glaringly obvious.laugh.gif

Was this before or after you decided to run and hide?

Besides, I remember that game very well. We thought we'd be good, but we knew we still had areas of our game that needed to improve.

Edited by nolafan33

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Was this before or after you decided to run and hide?

Besides, I remember that game very well. We thought we'd be good, but we knew we still had areas of our game that needed to improve.

Hide? Hardly

Unlike you I tend to keep quiet when my team is performing extremely poorly rather than pepper this board with half-a$$ed excuses like you do.:lol:

Hide? Hardly

Unlike you I tend to keep quiet when my team is performing extremely poorly rather than pepper this board with half-a$$ed excuses like you do.laugh.gif

So hiding is now considered keeping quiet? Interesting.

As for performing extremely poorly, the Saints have yet to have a losing season while I've been a part of this board, so keep trying...wink.gif

Your bias is showing like crazy on those two.

Your bias is showing like crazy on those two.

How? Like I said, the Giants/Panthers one can go either way. The Giants will finally face something from the Panthers they've never faced before, a fresh Dwill/Stewart/Oline at the very first part of the season. Giants defense is a bigger question mark than the Panthers defense right now. And we know that Eli isn't a passing powerhouse. I give them credit though because that entire team should be seething at the chance for revenge on what the Panthers did to them last year and it's the opener for their new stadium.

And the Steelers, have you forgotten how great that defense is when everyone is healthy? If their defense truly is back to 100% then it's not going to matter who they have at qb.

i will wait till atleast preseason to start picking games , alot of ACLs , MCLs and just over all bad Injuries are coming , happens every yr, a stud goes down in Camp..... but i did post a break down of South as a whole in TATF if anyone cares or wants to go there and tell me i am seeing your team all wrong lol matter of fact here ya go lol

i will do Falcons last and try to be objective

Carolina Panthers

Some Think Throwing Clausen in is the answer for the Panthers long time qb woos , and it may well be , It worked Fine for Falcons in 2008 and this Panther Offense is close to what Falcons had that year, Good Oline , Run First Mentality and 2 Backs that can flat get it done, If he can win the Job From Moore , who played ok for Panthers last yr , its probably not gonna matter, the big dif between the Panthers 2010 O and that of the Falcons in 2008 is WRs , and Mainly The Main X Factor for Falcons since 2007 . Pro Bowl WR Roddy White vs A still Dangerous but aging slowing Steve Smith. That huge Factor will make it a bit harder for Clausen or Moore to do what Ryan and Flacco did in 2008 , the Big Problem for Panthers will come on the other side of the ball, I Think People do not realize how big of a loss J Peppers will be for this team, Its Not like they were the 85 Bears with him , or even the 2005 Panthers for that matter, Their ability to stop the run or lack their of has slowly been Declining since 2006 , Their D has been Horrid over the past Couple of Season and Now they have lost their Best Player on that side of the Ball with no Major Pick Ups to even come close to evening things out, Panthers Fans may want to hide their Eyes for the next season or 2 because in this 2 team race for the NFC South in 2010 the Panthers are probably not even Playing for 3rd Place in 2010 .

Final Record

Carolina Panthers 5-11

Tampa Bay Bucs

Bucs Fans are use to seeing Good Defense, No Bucs Fans are use to seeing Great Defenses , Since the Late 90s Bucs Fans have Enjoyed the Luxury of one of the Finest Defenses in NFL HISTORY, They Have known the Joy of Raising the Lombardi Trophy , And have had Great Coaching From Tony Dungy and Jon Gruden ,Well Bucs Fans Bad News Those Days are Over.... The Bucs of this Era have not been Known for their high powered Offenses to start with But their is no Hall of Fame Coach in Dungy or Hall of Fame Personality and Fire of Gruden. In TB these Days. they have 1 Big Star left from that mighty Defense and he is well on his way to Safety full time if he stays in the NFL after the 2010 season. They lost a pro bowl wr this yr, they cut the heart out of their D last yr and really all they have done is draft a promising DT , I Expect this D will have some good moments in 2010 but will not even be a shell of what Bucs Fans are use to seeing , well maybe they are getting use to seeing because i dont see much Improvement for this D, Their Big Problem is on Offense , i mean if k2 is not your best, but from what i see only option on Offense you are in Big Trouble Throw in the Coaching Factor and the Bucs along with Panthers are playing for 3rd Place in the NFC South.

Final Record

Tampa Bay Bucs 6-10

New Orleans Saints

In any other year The Saints could play with only 8 guys on Offense and still win 8 games aslong as 1 of those 8 is Drew Brees , But NFC South History tells us they could play with 13 on O and have 2 guys named Drew Brees in that 13 and still not only not win the Div but not even have a winning Record in 2010 following their Super Season in 2009 where they not only won the NFC South but the Super Bowl, Thats gonna be a Mountain the Saints will have to climb in 2010, Now They are in Better Shape to actually re write NFC South History than their past NFC South Foes , They have solid coaching and a Hall Of Fame QB in his Prime. But I dont think they will. i am gonna throw out the Madden Cover and assume the Saints can Avoid that Curse , and they May even avoid the Curse of the South Winner Not Posting a winning Record the next Season, But I look at what made them so much diff from 2008 8-8 squad to the 2009 World and Div Champions and 2 things come to mind. D Sharper and a new Defensive Scheme and Attitude. Looks like Saints will let D Sharper Walk and now Teams have a whole yr of film on that scheme and they will probably be missing the main piece that made it work and the NFL Leader in Ints. so i believe they may avoid the Madden Curse, and they may even Avoid the No Winning Season Curse but I dont see them having a back to back championship season , This is a 2 team race for South IMO and the Saints are in for a Dog Fight tring to fend off Falcons who just wrote some History of Their own after an Injury filled 2009 Campaign .

Final Record

New Orleans Saints 10-6

Atlanta Falcons

If This Team had Addressed its DE Need and they stay Healthy they could have Probably Wrapped up the South by week 14 with what they bring to the Table in 2010. Teams will not be able to count on missed FGs to win Games vs The Birds in 2010. even with the Injuries to M Ryan H Dahl M Turner J Norwood P Jerry W Moore and H Douglas for multiple games and in the last 3 names the entire season and the fact the NFL blessed us with a week 3 byr and 4 good teams coming off their bye week, Those Missed FGs mainly , and the lack of a pass rush and very young corners was the diff between 9-7 and 11-5 maybe 12-4 in 2009.J Elam is no longer on the Falcons Roster , All Those Injured guys will be back along with the Entire Coaching Staff , 80% of NFL Teams would have been happy with that Alone. Falcons also sured up the Secondary by Signing one of the better young corners in the NFL in D Robinson and Drafting A 1st rd LB who can drop and Cover and stuff the run, something the Falcons havent had in a long time. The Big Key For Falcons will be the Play of J Abraham , after a staggering 16 1/2 sacks in 2008 that number dropped to 5 1/2 in 2009. The Falcons will need their young D Ends to step up and play with the confidence that TD Smitty and the FO has shown in them by not signing a proven DE, If they do and Abe just Doubles his 2009 sack total to 11 in 2010 this Falcons team can not only be very very good but go deep into to the Playoffs in 2010 .

Final Record

Atlanta Falcons 11-5

Thats the way I see it....

How? Like I said, the Giants/Panthers one can go either way. The Giants will finally face something from the Panthers they've never faced before, a fresh Dwill/Stewart/Oline at the very first part of the season. Giants defense is a bigger question mark than the Panthers defense right now. And we know that Eli isn't a passing powerhouse. I give them credit though because that entire team should be seething at the chance for revenge on what the Panthers did to them last year and it's the opener for their new stadium.

And the Steelers, have you forgotten how great that defense is when everyone is healthy? If their defense truly is back to 100% then it's not going to matter who they have at qb.

Your defense is going to be terrible. You have Gamble and Beason that are good on defense, but at DE you have a couple guys that will get you a couple sacks on the year but nothing great, you have nothing at DT, your safeties and linebackers (aside from Beason) are average at best. You also lack more than one weapon for your QB to throw to aside from maybe your RBs coming out of the backfield. Smith can't do it all himself, and unless Jarrett decides to wake up, you're in trouble there. I do think Moore can be a good QB in this league though, he has the line to do it, just doesn't have another WR. I think drafting Clausen was a mistake because a lot of people are probably going to be screaming for him EVERYTIME Moore makes a single mistake.

Your defense is going to be terrible. You have Gamble and Beason that are good on defense, but at DE you have a couple guys that will get you a couple sacks on the year but nothing great, you have nothing at DT, your safeties and linebackers (aside from Beason) are average at best. You also lack more than one weapon for your QB to throw to aside from maybe your RBs coming out of the backfield. Smith can't do it all himself, and unless Jarrett decides to wake up, you're in trouble there. I do think Moore can be a good QB in this league though, he has the line to do it, just doesn't have another WR. I think drafting Clausen was a mistake because a lot of people are probably going to be screaming for him EVERYTIME Moore makes a single mistake.

Thomas Davis had 61 tackles, 1.5 sacks and two interceptions for the Panthers in seven games. The kid was an unbelievable monster in the Tampa Two system before he went down. I'm more than happy with him and Beason and a young gun at linebacker, it's definitely the best linebacking core in the South.

Our safeties are unproven, but Godfrey played pretty good run support from the free safety spot (he moved to strong safety) and Sharrod Martin looked like a good ballhawking safety in limited time.

I know you don't know any better, but the Panthers have been hoarding young, talented ends for years. Charles Johson and Everette Brown are ready to start. Both got pressure on the quarterback last year, and Brown is actually big enough to tackle most starting quarterbacks now. He would have been a top ten pick if he had stayed in college last year, and Charles Johnson will only be 24 next season. At tackle, we've got Louis Leonard who looked good before getting injured last year, Nick Hayden, Tank Tyler, and Corvey Irvin coming off the IR. Plus Ed Johnson from the Colts and the possibility of reacquiring Hollis Thomas or picking up John Henderson....we'll be fine. The Colts were able to survive without a dominating inside presence. So will we.

By the way, Carolina's D was pretty good last year. Only thirteen spots ahead of your Falcons lousy defensive unit.

Moore went 4-1 with the offense that's surrounding him now, minus two offensive tackles and a lot of rookies. The offense will produce. The defense will be fast and aggressive. The Panthers will be back next season.

Min@NO - Saints take Vikes although Minny fans will swear off their first borns the refs gave this game to the Saints and the NFL is rigged. NFL films begins the taping of the their intriguing mini series - "The Missing Rings, Minnesota". What are they on now.. season 6?

Cle@TB - First toilet bowl of the season - who cares?

Atl@Pit - Big Ben has flashbacks of the scene of the crime and has his way with more ladies from the south - the visiting falcons. Tonya Gonzalez, Michelle Turner, and Matilda Ryan stand no chance when Big Ben gets his hands on them.. literally. Pitt wins - birds undergo emergency therapy for PTSD.

Car@Nyg - Its a Mr. and Mrs. Smith Showdown in this one. Should be a good match up but the question remains.. which QB will be throwing to Mrs. Smith? Moore played well last year and I think he'll take the helm to start the season - let't just hope Mrs. Smitty can refrain from punching his beloved teammates.

but really..

Saints beat Vikes - with or without Fav-re. The potential loss of Sharper may hurt the team but other than that, the Saints return nearly the same team that beat the Vikings last year and went on to win the SB (minus Fuji). The Saints had 16 players on IR last year and will get back starters at LT and FB, as well as depth at LB (possibly a starter?).

Bucs beat Browns - I honestly think these two teams have improved and it could go either way. But my South homerism takes the Bucs.

Atl beats Pitt - though I believe it's mainly due to a missing Big Ben. If he wasn't suspended - this one could go either way with ATl still having a slight advantage. Holmes leaving and the potential loss of Limas Sweed creates some problems for the Steelers as well.. that D and running game better be great.

Panthers beat Giants - As mentioned above - Moore played well last year and they should have another year of strong running. Their D returns healthy as well. I see the Giants fighting to stay out of last place in the east this year and think they do ending up 3rd.

Sure.. maybe southern homer picks.. but it certainly could play out this way.