I am completely sick of video games being the same 5 ideas pitched 5000 different ways. I really dont even play much at all anymore.

then i tried to think of my own ideas and here is what I want

A survival style zombie game... not a shooter, and not exactly like dead rising. I would like to see one that lets you make decisions to hide, rescue others, fortify buildings, raid other parties, etc.... kind of like WWZ i suppose...you have to find food and every decision plays a part in your game.

thats all i got for now

im sure you guys can beat that one... lets hear em

why would they ever do that... that would require some creativity and effort

Good point. It's probably better to keep asking programmers to become idea men like they have the last 10 years, right? Because we all know that logic driven programmers are the best people to create new ideas and build new worlds. I mean we all wanted Bill Gates to be our Dungeon Master in AD&D, right? lol

I am completely sick of video games being the same 5 ideas pitched 5000 different ways. I really dont even play much at all anymore.

A survival style zombie game... not a shooter, and not exactly like dead rising. I would like to see one that lets you make decisions to hide, rescue others, fortify buildings, raid other parties, etc.... kind of like WWZ i suppose...you have to find food and every decision plays a part in your game.

thats all i got for now

Funny, my idea was much the same.

Two modes of play: One GTA-like where the zombie infection starts out as a rumor and the more you progress, the more active role it assumes before it finally becomes a survival-type game. (Single player or co-op)

Mass Multiplayer: Several servers, different areas. Like L4D, you can choose to either be human or (boss) zombie. Limited amount of boss zombies depending how many humans are currently in the server. Leveling system to give you some sort of feeling of accomplishment.

When you die, you have a level-based delay before being able to re-spawn. Spawning is completely random, although scripted to be away from concentrations of zombies.

thats all i got for now

Any idea involving zombies is a good one. ;)

This isn't a new idea, but I would like to see the old Microsoft Links golf franchise rebooted for the consoles. Tiger Woods and EA continue to produce stagnant, cookie-cutter games. Something less arcade and more sim that let's you hit from other fairways etc. A golf cart/stunt mode would be hilarious.

My other thought was an online version of Assassin in a living, breathing city, where you can't tell player from NPC without studying their actions.

Edited by muskokas finest

I want to see an RTS/FPS hybrid. 2 players control the RTS portion of the game by building bases and collecting resources and building some NPC forces, while the other players are actual members of the respective armies that can receive commands from the RTS leader for their side, similar to Battlefield 2, only the commander or general has A LOT more functions and can provide more stuff for their respective armies. The thought of this game gives me a nerd-on.

I'm thinking of some sort of shooter game where you would play from the perspective of a soldier for the US. The story could be based around the acts of said soldier in world war II, or in some sort of near future global conflict against China or Russia, most likely involving some sort of terrorist group.

I think another good idea would be some sort of rhythm/timing based music game. They could build a guitar shaped controller and you would press the button and switch some sort of "bar" to represent strumming. You could then expand to include things like hammer-ons and pull-offs, tapping, and chords.

I also like the concept of some sort of racing simulator, but I haven't put too much thought into it at the moment.

I want to see an RTS/FPS hybrid. 2 players control the RTS portion of the game by building bases and collecting resources and building some NPC forces, while the other players are actual members of the respective armies that can receive commands from the RTS leader for their side, similar to Battlefield 2, only the commander or general has A LOT more functions and can provide more stuff for their respective armies. The thought of this game gives me a nerd-on.

Try Natural Selection on Steam.

There are two sides, alien and marine. The marines are given orders by the (voted) Leader in the command chair. He is also responsible for setting up resource towers, ammo stations, health stations, etc for his soldiers.

Aliens are more independent.

Awesome idea. I've wanted something like this for years.

thats all i got for now

Awesome idea.

Funny, my idea was much the same.

Two modes of play: One GTA-like where the zombie infection starts out as a rumor and the more you progress, the more active role it assumes before it finally becomes a survival-type game. (Single player or co-op)

Mass Multiplayer: Several servers, different areas. Like L4D, you can choose to either be human or (boss) zombie. Limited amount of boss zombies depending how many humans are currently in the server. Leveling system to give you some sort of feeling of accomplishment.

When you die, you have a level-based delay before being able to re-spawn. Spawning is completely random, although scripted to be away from concentrations of zombies.

awesome idea.

Edited by RockPaperScissors

Completely online GTA type game that you can do missions that have things to do with other players or AI. You can be anywhere from homeless to Bill Gates you get money and respect by doing the missions. Money gets you cars, homes, clubs, boats and all and respect gets you AI bodyguards or gang members that help protect you, People can try to rob you and everything. You can steal cars from people but if they paid for it legally if they get the police to raid you (successfully) they can get it back. But then they would get snitch rep as well that would count against getting a gang to help if you want get them.