Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SkySorrOW

Sean Payton stealing vicodin? wow.. this could get ugly..

162 posts in this topic

Wow. This guy was an ex-FBI agent, and is described in official court document as "whose honesty and integrity are above reproach"

Yeah, not really the kind of guy I was expecting. These allegations would probably be dismissed if the guy was a janitor. He's Ex-FBI with 31 years of service. Saints are screwed.

yeah, I pretty much gather that he was fairly high up in the hierarchy of the FBI with shining reputation.

yes I do think it would be different if he were just a janitor or didn't have a spotless reputation from a govt. position

yeah, I pretty much gather that he was fairly high up in the hierarchy of the FBI with shining reputation.

yes I do think it would be different if he were just a janitor or didn't have a spotless reputation from a govt. position

Well, the biggest thing, regardless, is the evidence. I'd say that seeing his background and the detail of the suit, he probably has a lot of it.

Yeah, but he didn't though.

I too just read it... I hadn't made my way all the way through the thread yet.

Who are the Senior Staff Members?

well, in reading the complaint I have a couple of thoughts - first, one never takes everything in a complaint as gospel - second, the transcripted conversations were not with Loomis but with another employee and can be read as one setting up his own defense or, if you are cynical, claim - third, there is going to be another side to this that i do not know about - that is the issue of dealing with employees and drug problems - note there does not appear to be anyhting in teh claim that says after being informed the Saints took no steps to prevent it in the future - Also, HIPPA and the NFL collective bargening agreement are in play and I do not know them well enough - also, I think we can safely assume that everyhing Loomis did was on advice of counsel, adn that will play a role - finally from a pure analysis of the claim, I am not convinced this constitutes a termination that is compensible

putting aside the law, I say again the commissioner is going to ahve to do something - it would be very hypocritical to punish players for drug abuse and violations of law (regardless of conviction) and do nothing to the front office and coaches - someone is going to take a very public fall for this

And the people who think this guy was just a disgruntled employee, He resigned after he reported it to federal authorities.

Santini reported the possible violations to federal authorities on June 23, 2009. He resigned from the Saints on Aug. 16, 2009 and first alerted the Saints of his intent to sue the club on Sept. 14, Hyatt said.

It seems like his need to "do the right thing" and report the crime outweighed his need to work for the Taints. As a Falcons fan, I love the way this is looking. If you're a Taints fan, you may still have time to jump on the Clausen bandwagon...

I too just read it... I hadn't made my way all the way through the thread yet.

Who are the Senior Staff Members?

According to sources, "A" is Sean Payton, and "B" is Joe Vitt. B admitted stealing all of the Vicodin, according to the lawsuit.

"A" recieved some Vicodin from the trainer even though he apparently didn't have a legitimate reason, but that's a very minor deal in the scheme of the rest of this.

also, I think we can safely assume that everyhing Loomis did was on advice of counsel, adn that will play a role

I am certain that no attorney would ever advise a person to have drug logs falsified.

I am certain that no attorney would ever advise a person to have drug logs falsified.

which is why I take that with a grain of salt

Wow, this is great! (munches popcorn)

HAHAHAHA, dude that's hilarious. Is that "munches popcorn" originally from you?? Genius.

According to sources, "A" is Sean Payton, and "B" is Joe Vitt. B admitted stealing all of the Vicodin, according to the lawsuit.

"A" recieved some Vicodin from the trainer even though he apparently didn't have a legitimate reason, but that's a very minor deal in the scheme of the rest of this.

I think Goodell is going to tear them all apart. He has to. He can't jump all over players and then not hold the Staff members to the same standard. At best(for Taints Fans), this is going to be a gigantic distraction. At worst, they might be hiring some new employees after sentencing...

At another angle If Sharper was thinking of re-signing with the team a big offseason distraction could convince him to take the Jags up on thier offer.

At another angle If Sharper was thinking of re-signing with the team a big offseason distraction could convince him to take the Jags up on thier offer.

Thats true too... Didn't really think about that. This certainly helps me hate the Taints even more...

which is why I take that with a grain of salt

Well considering the background of the Plaintiff, I think this is bad bad news for the Saints.

Man, you guys are really jumping all over this huh?

It's a big story. Not with regards to Payton, but certainly with regards to Loomis and the Saints in general.

Man, you guys are really jumping all over this huh?

Of course, yall are still giving us crap for the Vick thing 3 years ago

Well considering the background of the Plaintiff, I think this is bad bad news for the Saints.

I'm no fan of the saints, but it sounds to me like this guy is trying to ring the bell on a claim he did a very good job of setting up - he had the background to know how to set the claim up and it appears thats what he did

of course, from a purely civil claim, most of the time wrongful termination claims amount to nothing

Don't read too much into this comment but the Saints did see a sharp decrease in injuries this year. (Having several players with a histroy of injuries) :ph34r:

Could mean nothing though.

It's a big story. Not with regards to Payton, but certainly with regards to Loomis and the Saints in general.

Of course it's a big story, and somebody will probably be punished. But I seriously doubt whoever did steal the vicodin is a known figure. More than likely someone who most of us do not know. Definetly not a Super Bowl winning coach, nobody is that stupid.

The biggest thing is this. PFT. That's like TMZ or whatever of the NFL. Most of what comes from that place is BS. Notice they are the only ones saying it was Payton and the only real old coach on the Saints.

More than likely this is just a disgruntled former employee.

I'm no fan of the saints, but it sounds to me like this guy is trying to ring the bell on a claim he did a very good job of setting up - he had the background to know how to set the claim up and it appears thats what he did

of course, from a purely civil claim, most of the time wrongful termination claims amount to nothing

He resigned... I think his main point is that the Saints FO asked him to commit a crime by covering it up...

Of course it's a big story, and somebody will probably be punished. But I seriously doubt whoever did steal the vicodin is a known figure. More than likely someone who most of us do not know. Definetly not a Super Bowl winning coach, nobody is that stupid.

The biggest thing is this. PFT. That's like TMZ or whatever of the NFL. Most of what comes from that place is BS. Notice they are the only ones saying it was Payton and the only real old coach on the Saints.

More than likely this is just a disgruntled former employee.

Fox sports and CBS made references to Payton and the other guy too... I doubt the guy is just a "disgruntled employee". After serving the FBI for that long, he's probably a pretty stand-up guy...

well it's not wrongful termination. He resigned to keep from participating in illegal activities