Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SkySorrOW

Sean Payton stealing vicodin? wow.. this could get ugly..

162 posts in this topic

I wanted to stay away from this thread, but I can't. I sure hope you people are joking. I usually pick up on the humor, but this one is a little bit different.

For the record, no one should wish this sort of thing on anyone.....no matter the circumstances. Rivalries are one thing, but come on.

God willing, this is all a bunch of crap.

Falcão likes this

Only time will tell the real story here.

It could be a case of a disgruntled ex-employee or maybe even true. Either way, the burden of proof will rest squarely on the shoulders of the ex-employee. For this person to implicate the entire top of the organization, i.e. Loomis, Payton and a D-coach, he better have his facts.

Until it's over however, it's unfortunately going to be a team distraction.

As much as I'd like for this to be true I'm not buying it. Payton is a millionaire that could just as easily go to a doctor and pay for a perscription if he truly had pain issues.

2 cents spent for the day!

thats what I was thinking. cause someone with a load of money has no need to steal. but then again a pot head with 3 bucks will find a way to get a mc'double and a sweet tea and a nickel sac some how.

maybe if you have to much money you feel like you need to steal.

From the local New Orleans sites:

"A former employee who resigned just before the 2009 regular season threatened to go public with these unfounded charges unless we agreed to pay him an exorbitant sum of money," said Greg Bensel, vice president of communications for the Saints. "We refused, and now he has gone public. We will aggressively defend these false allegations in court."

I wanted to stay away from this thread, but I can't. I sure hope you people are joking. I usually pick up on the humor, but this one is a little bit different.

For the record, no one should wish this sort of thing on anyone.....no matter the circumstances. Rivalries are one thing, but come on.

I'm not wishing any harm on a team, but no one gave us any sympathy with all the mess going on in 07. We were the laughing stock to many of our rivals and in sports in general. If true, I won't feel one bit sorry for them, especially how their fans act at the GA Dome.

DiMiante and darkdude41 like this

I doubt this will amount to much. A little hersay and intrigue but at the end of the day its a deal thats just not all that BIG. Stealing Vicadan is wrong sure and I don't imagine too many docters would be happy with the way its being perscribed but unless thier sneaking it into the players water or something I don't see enough thats going to outrage the public enough for Goodell to move for any kind of suspension. (This is a civil suit right?) At most Peyton and the Saints get slapped with a fine and lose a draft pick.

Only time will tell the real story here.

It could be a case of a disgruntled ex-employee or maybe even true. Either way, the burden of proof will rest squarely on the shoulders of the ex-employee. For this person to implicate the entire top of the organization, i.e. Loomis, Payton and a D-coach, he better have his facts.

Until it's over however, it's unfortunately going to be a team distraction.

if you are saying this then I have 100 bucks saying I know now you are a newbe saints fan. cause for someone to say disgruntled ex-emloyee is referring to the story of the patriots. and only those who love that team say that it was a disgruntled ex-employee. so I bet you used to be a pats fan.

so there for you been a fan of every team who wnis the super bowl and then you go bloging to the world how your a fan.

and second of all I bet when you heard this on PFT about vick, you were the first one to throw a stone.

They gave us so much **** when the Vick thing happened, so why not return the favor when the mastermind of their franchise is a vicodin stealing cheater? the NFL will cover it up though, just like they did almost all the Saints games last year, esp the NFC Champ game and the games vs the Falcons.. and the superbowl (ESPN releasing articles saying the Saints won 2 days before the superbowl started?? riight)..

Its ********. I AM going to pray that Payton is guilty and gets sentenced for this, after all the cheating his team has done in the NFL this past year. ****, if it was Belichek, i'd feel the same way. Ruining the integrity of the game.

They gave us so much **** when the Vick thing happened, so why not return the favor when the mastermind of their franchise is a vicodin stealing cheater? the NFL will cover it up though, just like they did almost all the Saints games last year, esp the NFC Champ game and the games vs the Falcons.. and the superbowl (ESPN releasing articles saying the Saints won 2 days before the superbowl started?? riight)..

Its ********. I AM going to pray that Payton is guilty and gets sentenced for this, after all the cheating his team has done in the NFL this past year. ****, if it was Belichek, i'd feel the same way. Ruining the integrity of the game.

LOL +1. yeah cause a lot of people except for falcons fans know how the aints got scored all over every game. rams, miami had them beat into the last 5 minutes of the game. LOL but yet somehow the rest of the world doesn't realize that. and yet the rest of the world doesn't even realize how the saints almost even lost to the falcons 3rd string on D and O. ......3rd string almost beat them LOL.

What's that i see on the Saints Superbowl trophy?

A blemish?

Yup...it's a blemish.

Of course, with the media nowadays, when you win the big one you get

a target on your back.

You Saints fans better hope this just disappears quick.

if you are saying this then I have 100 bucks saying I know now you are a newbe saints fan. cause for someone to say disgruntled ex-emloyee is referring to the story of the patriots. and only those who love that team say that it was a disgruntled ex-employee. so I bet you used to be a pats fan.

so there for you been a fan of every team who wnis the super bowl and then you go bloging to the world how your a fan.

and second of all I bet when you heard this on PFT about vick, you were the first one to throw a stone.

Yeap, nailed me there.

For the record, I am 52 years old, own my own business, have been on the other side of several disgruntled ex-employee suits (I won both), work routinely with a law firm in all sorts of business matters, including employment matters, and have been a Saints fan since my parents used to buy my brother and I student tickets in the Tulane Stadium days. My wife and I have owned season tickets for 16 years combined.

Yeap, nailed me there.

For the record, I am 52 years old, own my own business, have been on the other side of several disgruntled ex-employee suits (I won both), work routinely with a law firm in all sorts of business matters, including employment matters, and have been a Saints fan since my parents used to buy my brother and I student tickets in the Tulane Stadium days. My wife and I have owned season tickets for 16 years combined.

For the record, your coach is addicted to Vicodin and much worse I'm sure....Can Reggie Bush say Crack? :lol:

I have this odd feeling that it will get swept under the rug in the court system of New Orleans. The Saint's seem to be above the law down there.

However, If it is true, Payton will have a hard time escaping the wide glare of Sir Roger Goodell.

Yeap, nailed me there.

ummmmm ok. guess congrats for picking on the hunchback of notre dam and dopey and eor and god know who else. LOL. and also that money isn't real out of the monply game. ;)

I just read the lawsuit and this is going to be a HUGE scandal.

I don't know that Sean Payton is going to be in trouble, but Mickey Loomis, the Saints GM, could be looking at prison.

the evil emperor likes this

thats what I was thinking. cause someone with a load of money has no need to steal. but then again a pot head with 3 bucks will find a way to get a mc'double and a sweet tea and a nickel sac some how.

maybe if you have to much money you feel like you need to steal.

You probably know the old saying, "Every great fortune began with a great crime."

;)

I don't know that Sean Payton is going to be in trouble, but Mickey Loomis, the Saints GM, could be looking at prison.

I want to read it, was it different article then the one posted on NBC Sports? Link?

What you reading Peyton?

The PFT article made it sound like a civil suit with no charges filed.

Wow. This guy was an ex-FBI agent, and is described in official court document as "whose honesty and integrity are above reproach"

What you reading Peyton?

The PFT article made it sound like a civil suit with no charges filed.

Right, but when civil lawsuits bring to light very high profile felonious activity, there is pressure on the government to respond.

The guy who filed this lawsuit is a retired senior supervisor from the FBI, I would imagine he has his documentation in order.

Wow. This guy was an ex-FBI agent, and is described in official court document as "whose honesty and integrity are above reproach"

Well, you have to keep in mind, this document is prepared by his lawyer.

lol know what this reminds me of kinda? Sorry for being a nerd, but if any of you have played "Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright" on nintendo DS, Its basically a game where you have to prove your client to be not guilty, but the prosecuters really stack things against you, like forged evidence, lying witnesses, basically its near impossible for the defense to be proved Not guilty..

Anyways, with the whole "whose honesty and integrity are above reaproach".. I REALLY thought that kind of things were only made for video games.. If that really happens in real life, wow. Gotta love the USA, money buys you freedom.

According to PFT, Payton was one of the two involved in Vicodin theft..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/01/sean-payton-implicated-in-alleged-vicodin-theft-at-saints-facility/

So.. What are the implications if this turns out to be true? Will he get suspended/possible jail time??

As jerkish as it is, I would love it if Payton went to jail (if he was really guilty).. cause hes the key to the Saints success right now; Him and Brees.. but without him, Brees will revert to his SD days. We'd have the NFC south LOCKED and probably for the next 5 years if Payton wasnt in NO..

haha. this is interesting.

After you read the lawsuit, you realize this case isn't really about Sean Payton at all. The lawsuit accuses Mickey Loomis of attempting to cover up the theft of over 100 pills of Vicodin by Joe Vitt. Payton's only involvement seems to be that he got the trainer to dispense him some Vicodin without really needing it.