Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SkySorrOW

Sean Payton stealing vicodin? wow.. this could get ugly..

162 posts in this topic

According to PFT, Payton was one of the two involved in Vicodin theft..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/01/sean-payton-implicated-in-alleged-vicodin-theft-at-saints-facility/

So.. What are the implications if this turns out to be true? Will he get suspended/possible jail time??

As jerkish as it is, I would love it if Payton went to jail (if he was really guilty).. cause hes the key to the Saints success right now; Him and Brees.. but without him, Brees will revert to his SD days. We'd have the NFC south LOCKED and probably for the next 5 years if Payton wasnt in NO..

haha. this is interesting.

JBOPPER likes this

I probably wouldn't take PFT serious until other media's are saying the same thing.

Been traveling this week so 1stt I heard about this. I hope its not true. I would prefer to beat them @ full strength. Looking for injuries or stuff like this to happen seems like you don't feel we can win on our own.

given the threat of libel, I am guessin PFT did some work before it published ths

could get very interesting - even if he is never convicted, would not the commissioner have to give him a serious suspension to be consistent with what he has doen to the players?

Typically, federal court provides a more level playing field for business interests. Given the extent to which the Saints are locally beloved, however, Santini and his lawyer could have a hard time finding jurors in either the state or federal setting who will be capable of overlooking the fleur-de-lis that has been tattooed onto their souls.

Maybe Santini and his lawyer should ask for the case to be transferred to the federal court in Atlanta to insure that they get a fair hearing ...... :lol: :P

I probably wouldn't take PFT serious until other media's are saying the same thing.

That was the same thing I said about Vick...

But Saints fans should not be worried. As we have seen both on the field and off, they are untouchable.

this will take a few years to be over with with investagations,court dates,moved court dates,appeals,etc...so even if sean is guilty,we should have already won a sb by the time its over with

Many said that when PFT broke a little story about a former Falcon QB and some dogs a few years back.

Not saying that this will end in similar circumstances, but don't dismiss it just because it's PFT reporting it.

As much as I'd like for this to be true I'm not buying it. Payton is a millionaire that could just as easily go to a doctor and pay for a perscription if he truly had pain issues.

2 cents spent for the day!

As much as I'd like for this to be true I'm not buying it. Payton is a millionaire that could just as easily go to a doctor and pay for a perscription if he truly had pain issues.

So was Rush Limbaugh, and he got caught.

So your saying millionaires don't steal and are not addicted to pain killers?

So your saying millionaires don't steal and are not addicted to pain killers?

Nah I didn't say that....just thought it unlikely in this scenario.

Heck I dunno, I could be totally wrong. It was just an observation.

This is awesome... I hope he IS GUILTY. Between the Madden Curse and Peyton being a junkie, the Taints would nose dive in the standings...

ESPN is trying to cover Sean?

Why not, they have been on the aints payroll ever since Katrina just like the NFL.

To the point of him being suspended like players if not guily/no charges. Players don't get suspended on first time "detriment to the shield" unless they are guilty or use steroids. Don't think anything would happen to him if he's not convicted, from the league anyway.