Best WR's Tandem in the NFC?

Dirtybirdn@tion

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that sounds about right,but i think the vikings deserve some consideration too with rice and harvin...keeping in mind that the qb is a huge part of that, and the edge in that one goes to brees by a nose hair over farve because of age

Alot of people are kind of sleeping on the Cardinals wideouts after losing Boldin, but you have to remember Steve Breaston is still a great reciever. Former 1000 yard reciever. He should be able to step in for Boldin at put up good numbers.

Dallas obviously, with Austin, Williams, Bryant, and Patrick Crayton is solid.

Philly has a young recieving core, but they can get the job done.

Green Bay with Driver, Jennings, and James Jones.

Then of course the Saints are loaded with the best. Colston, Henderson, Meachem, Moore and if Adrian Arrington can stay healthy he can produce. Then there is Reggie out of the backfield.

All those teams have productive TE's also, Witten, Celek, Finley and Lee, then the Saints have a number of solid recieving TE's.

Alot of people are kind of sleeping on the Cardinals wideouts after losing Boldin, but you have to remember Steve Breaston is still a great reciever. Former 1000 yard reciever. He should be able to step in for Boldin at put up good numbers.

Dallas obviously, with Austin, Williams, Bryant, and Patrick Crayton is solid.

Philly has a young recieving core, but they can get the job done.

Green Bay with Driver, Jennings, and James Jones.

Then of course the Saints are loaded with the best. Colston, Henderson, Meachem, Moore and if Adrian Arrington can stay healthy he can produce. Then there is Reggie out of the backfield.

All those teams have productive TE's also, Witten, Celek, Finley and Lee, then the Saints have a number of solid recieving TE's.

put your wrs on the rams,bucs,or alot of other teams and see how well they produce...they wouldnt be so good then...but with brees, they do produce

put your wrs on the rams,bucs,or alot of other teams and see how well they produce...they wouldnt be so good then...but with brees, they do produce

it's a win win situation

Brees makes them look good but there have been plenty of times that our receivers have made catches on passes that other WRs wouldn't have made....especially Colston, Moore, and Shockey

Steve Smith + Brandon LaFell obviously.

Don't sleep on lafell. It's not his fault his college coach and qb were MORONS. He's alot better than what he did in his senior year. I'd like to see him perform good for u guys.

Don't sleep on lafell. It's not his fault his college coach and qb were MORONS. He's alot better than what he did in his senior year. I'd like to see him perform good for u guys.

You and me both friend. I think there's plenty of upside to the kid.

I know from watching the Panthers last year that a bad qb can throw off an entire offense and make great Wrs look average/below average. So I'm in the "He would've probably done a lot better if he had a better qb" camp.

Top Tier

Philly

Minny

GB

Middle

NYG

AZ

Dallas

Lower Tier

Atlanta

Nawlins

Detroit

...then everyone else after that.

Personally I'd pop N.O up in the top tier. I know they aren't elite, but Brees makes them studs. I think most of that wr group had a ton of clutch catches last year.

I think this point if Dez B. pans out, it could be a toss up between the Taints and the Cowgirls.....

I'm really impresses with that Austin Miles kid......

I disagree with the Saints. We don't really have a tandem. All our WR's get envolved. Even our RB's are envolved.

Edited by Aquietguy

huh.gif

New Orleans in the same tier with Atlanta and Detroit? Please...laugh.gif

Roddy White > Colston

Henderson = Jenkins

Moore = HD

Meachem...we dont have an equiv to Meachem, who played well in the regular season, then went to his usual busta self in the playoffs.

Detroit

CJ > anything on either team

Bryant Johnson = Moore and HD

Nate Burleson = Jenkins and Henderson, if not better than both

...so go ahead and stop foaming at the mouth. This thread was about WR's, which you have good depth at, but not really any superstars.

Roddy White = Colston

Henderson > Jenkins

Moore > HD (don't even start with what you had here before)

Meachem...we dont have an equiv to Meachem, who played well in the regular season, then went to his usual busta self in the playoffs.

...so go ahead and stop foaming at the mouth. This thread was about WR's, which you have good depth at, but not really any superstars.

Fixed it for ya..... Also Brees > Ryan & Stafford...

Roddy White > Colston

Henderson = Jenkins

Moore = HD

Detroit

CJ > anything on either team

Bryant Johnson = Moore and HD

Nate Burleson = Jenkins and Henderson, if not better than both

Lol. So tell me if I'm correct.

I'll use 2007 as the start since that was Whites first breakout year. In three years, here are the numbers:

3,737 yards (77.8)

256 receptions (5.3)

14.6 ypc

24 TD's

48 games

3036 yards (70.6)

215 catches (5.0)

14.1 ypc

25 TD's

43 games

So White has played in 5 more games, plays in a offense that doesn't spread the ball around NEARLY as much as the Saints, and he's better? The only thing that gives White the edge is he plays in more games and gets more targets because Matt Ryan doesn't spread the ball around. If Lance and Douglas get a =, then this definetly should.

Moving on to Devery and Jenkins. People are SCREAMING for Jenkins to leave Atlanta, everybody loves Devery in New Orleans. Just take a look at this season, Devery had 1 more catch but almost 170 more yards. Devery has become a legit #2 reciever, Jenkins is a slightly above average slot guy who can't catch at best. Past two seasons Devery has 1,597 yards on 83 catches and 5 scores. On 17 more catches than Devery, Jenkins has 185 LESS yards and 1 less TD. Neither are star wideouts, but this aint no =.

Lance Moore and Harry Douglas is the one that made me laugh the most. It kind of makes me think your a little wacko in the head to be honest. Douglas has played 1 season for Atlanta and didn't even reach 350 yards and only 1 TD. That same season, Lance put up over 900 yards and double digit scores. Even being injured the entire season Lance still made a slight impact and may have had one of the most important plays in Saints history. In no way, shape, or form is this an =. This is a surefire Lance > Douglas.

Lastly, your right. The Falcons don't have anyone to rival Meach, which is a CLEAR reason why the Falcons aren't in the same tier as the Saints.

At least, this is:

Colston = White

Henderson > Jenkins

Moore > Douglas

Meachem > nobody

Edited by nolafan33

Top Tier

Philly

Minny

GB

Middle

NYG

AZ

Dallas

Lower Tier

Atlanta

Nawlins

Detroit

...then everyone else after that.

Team/Receiving yards 2009

1 Green Bay Packers 4,492

2 New Orleans Saints 4,490

3 Dallas Cowboys 4,483

4 Minnesota Vikings 4,403

5 Philadelphia Eagles 4,380

6 New York Giants 4,246

7 Arizona Cardinals 4,200

8 Washington Redskins 3,797

9 Seattle Seahawks 3,771

10 Atlanta Falcons 3,697

I think you need to redo your tiers. You got GB right, but both NO and Dal were better than Min and Phi last year. Dallas just got better with the addition of Dez, so I dont know what you are seeing, but its not reality.

Edited by Enlightened29