Emory University

DKFalcon

Hi all Falcons fans, I am currently about to finish my 1st year in my undergraduate program at Copenhagen Business School in Denmark. All students on my program have the possibility of going on exchange in the 5th semester, for me that would be in the fall of 2011.

As a fan of the Atlanta Falcons since 2002, yeah I have to admit that it was Vick who got me interested in watching NFL, I have for a long time wanted to watch an NFL-game. Therefore I have decided to go to US on exchange in my 5th semester, and my school has a partnership with Emory University, Goizueta Business School, which enables me to go on exchange on Emory.

But before making my final decision about where to go on exchange, I would like to ask some of you, if you have any positive/negative experiences with Emory, how is the academic level, the social life etc.

I would really appreciate it if you would give me your opinion about Emory, as it would be a big help in my search for a good exchange place.

DKFalcon

Hi all Falcons fans, I am currently about to finish my 1st year in my undergraduate program at Copenhagen Business School in Denmark. All students on my program have the possibility of going on exchange in the 5th semester, for me that would be in the fall of 2011.

As a fan of the Atlanta Falcons since 2002, yeah I have to admit that it was Vick who got me interested in watching NFL, I have for a long time wanted to watch an NFL-game. Therefore I have decided to go to US on exchange in my 5th semester, and my school has a partnership with Emory University, Goizueta Business School, which enables me to go on exchange on Emory.

But before making my final decision about where to go on exchange, I would like to ask some of you, if you have any positive/negative experiences with Emory, how is the academic level, the social life etc.

I would really appreciate it if you would give me your opinion about Emory, as it would be a big help in my search for a good exchange place.

DKFalcon

god eftermiddag!

My best friend Semira attended Emory for a while and she loved it. It is a challenging school in the american sense, but being from Europe I bet you will have no trouble with the work. I believe it would be a good experience for you! They have a nice foreign student network where you will be able to meet other kids from around the world too(you will understand why this is important when you get here).

When you get here be sure to let us know! If you have any Bendtner blood in you my friends and I could definitely use another striker on our intramural Fodbold team (we are all foreigners too) ;)

Edited by Julian St.Clor

DKFalcon

I recently graduated from Emory University's undergraduate business school (Goizueta Business School). The academic rigor is quite tough, so be prepared for that; it is a highly ranked business school for a reason. I graduated with degrees in Management and Business Communications, and each of those have tough professors and some easier ones. The social life is what it is. If you like to go out and do stuff, Atlanta and Lenox Mall are right there. But as I always say, the social life is what you make of it. I didn't care much for doing a ton of social things, but they are there to be had if that is what you desire. As for the culture there, it can be pretty pretentious and snooty in the business school, so be aware of that.

Good luck.

DKFalcon

hey I'm going to the Copenhagen business school this fall! How is it? Any tips and places to check out? I have never been to Denmark. Any help would be appreciated mate. Also never been to Emory but it has a good reputation over here and Atlanta is a pretty decent city as well. good luck mate.

Thanks guys for the replies. I have been looking at some other universities as well, which I am also considering. They are: Boston College, UNC and USC. I have heard great things about these three as well, so I think it's really tough to choose, which one to apply to..

"When you get here be sure to let us know! If you have any Bendtner blood in you my friends and I could definitely use another striker on our intramural Fodbold team (we are all foreigners too"

Yeah, it is nice to hear that you are able to play soccer over there as well, but even though I have played soccer several years, I can assure you I am no Bendtner!! - I am much better B)

hey I'm going to the Copenhagen business school this fall! How is it? Any tips and places to check out? I have never been to Denmark. Any help would be appreciated mate. Also never been to Emory but it has a good reputation over here and Atlanta is a pretty decent city as well. good luck mate.

That sounds great. I can for sure recommend CBS, it has some really nice facilities and sorroundings and it is pretty much in the centre of Copenhagen. The atmosphere at CBS is quite relaxed and people are really having a great time, if you want to socialize there are a lot of different activities to choose from, so it is all up to you.

Every thursday night the bar at CBS, called Nexus, arranges a party and it is quite popular with many people attending, remember in Denmark you are allowed to drink from the age of 16..

Copenhagen is a great city as well, with a mix of all kinds of cultures, so you should definetely be looking forward to the fall!! If you have any questions, I would gladly answer them.

(sorry about the dislike of your post - it was a mistake :mellow: )

Thanks guys for the replies. I have been looking at some other universities as well, which I am also considering. They are: Boston College, UNC and USC. I have heard great things about these three as well, so I think it's really tough to choose, which one to apply to..

"When you get here be sure to let us know! If you have any Bendtner blood in you my friends and I could definitely use another striker on our intramural Fodbold team (we are all foreigners too"

Yeah, it is nice to hear that you are able to play soccer over there as well, but even though I have played soccer several years, I can assure you I am no Bendtner!! - I am much better B)

That sounds great. I can for sure recommend CBS, it has some really nice facilities and sorroundings and it is pretty much in the centre of Copenhagen. The atmosphere at CBS is quite relaxed and people are really having a great time, if you want to socialize there are a lot of different activities to choose from, so it is all up to you.

Every thursday night the bar at CBS, called Nexus, arranges a party and it is quite popular with many people attending, remember in Denmark you are allowed to drink from the age of 16..

Copenhagen is a great city as well, with a mix of all kinds of cultures, so you should definetely be looking forward to the fall!! If you have any questions, I would gladly answer them.

(sorry about the dislike of your post - it was a mistake :mellow: )

I know about the drinking age, I'm from England I'm just in the states for college. BTW I go to UNC so if you have any questions about UNC let me know. Its a fabulous place, the girls are fit, the nightlife is amazing and the university is top notch. I have loved every moment of my time here. Chapel Hill isn't a big city but its a college town so there is always something to do and the bars here are great. I will definitely have to check out CBS. I'm really looking forward to my next year. Going to be in Copenhagen for a semester and than jetting off to Honk Kong for another semester, can't wait! Good luck with you mate and if you have questions about UNC I will try and answer them....

DKFalcon

DK its a medical college mainly, Its a fantastic school though in Georgia very prestigious and hard to get into. Also very expensive. I have a dentist went to the Univeristy of Miami then went to Med school at Emory, he said, I just left a school where 9 out of 10 girls were beach bunny bombshells to going to a school, where maybe 1 out of 10 girls were even worth looking at. :unsure: Its a brainiac school. Don't expect to be looking at girls, but its awsome on your resume and all and a great school. What I've heard. ;)

Like a question if your going to be a doctor in Georgia there are 2 schools, Emory and Medical College of Georgia.

Edited by nativefalcon