Does anyone own a Tower 200 workout thingie?

The one that Randy Couture advertises. "The mother of all workouts" that mounts on your door frame.

I bought one today and haven't tried it out yet. Got if for 60 bucks second hand and all that was missing was the work out poster.

It hooked right onto the door and set up easy as pie. It says 200 pounds of resistence and that is probably all 6 bands combined. There are three elastic straps on each side with a grip at the top and a grip at the bottom on each side.I thin you can order bands with more resistance but eh, this is plenty really. The frame is metal but the pulleys and hooks are plastic, but it still seems pretty sturdy. Like I said, I haven't tried it out yet except some real basic stuff but I think I will like it. The best thing is, since it stays on your door, you can't pile stuff on it like a weight bench or exercise bike.( you know you would) :P

ANyone who has one and who has used it have an opinion to share? Besides the guy on the DVD being a grade A Doosh?

It actually works? I pictured doing a punch like in the commercial and the door flying at your ***.

:lol: I worried about it flying off the door, but once I put it on, it can't really come off without the door being opened. There is also a strap that goes from the bottom one to the top one that secures it even more by pulling them tight onto the door, but that isn't even needed. I did use it tho so it would not just hang there.

I worried about the bands coming loose, but that worry is there with any resistance band I guess.

Is there any damage to the door? I am in a rental and had been considering it to supplement the gym.

Itis metal and I think my door is some type of plastic that they tell you is wood nowadays. :P It doesn't seem like it would cause damage but I think you could put a piece of felt under it pretty easily. Where the lower part of the upper frame touches the door, there are rubber feet.It doesn't move around a bit on my door.

Go get your money back if you can. It just doesn't really work. I gave it up and went out and got P90X. I'm on Phase 3 and it has worked like a charm. I have lost 24 pounds in 9 weeks. I've also added some muscle size.

To be honest, P90X is a little out of my league right now. I have dropped a lot of weight, and a little muscle and I'm in the shape where I just need to get in shape before I can do anything major. P90X looks like a great program right, but I know I probably wouldn't stick with it right now. The Tower looks like something I could use to get in better shape with and supplement something to build my cardio up.

To be honest, P90X is a little out of my league right now. I have dropped a lot of weight, and a little muscle and I'm in the shape where I just need to get in shape before I can do anything major. P90X looks like a great program right, but I know I probably wouldn't stick with it right now. The Tower looks like something I could use to get in better shape with and supplement something to build my cardio up.

Just run. Running is great for your legs, abs, and cardio. Cycling works too. I've been riding up to 30-100 miles a day for about 10 months now and my resting heart rate is 50 bpm. It was 65 this time last year. If you're wanting to build muscle to look good, then I think you'd be better off focusing on cardio and lifting once or twice a week.

I'm not a physical trainer, but that tower200 thing looks like it would just hurt me. Intense punching and thrusting with no support system seems like it would be really easy to tear something or pull something.

Just run. Running is great for your legs, abs, and cardio. Cycling works too. I've been riding up to 30-100 miles a day for about 10 months now and my resting heart rate is 50 bpm. It was 65 this time last year. If you're wanting to build muscle to look good, then I think you'd be better off focusing on cardio and lifting once or twice a week.

I'm not a physical trainer, but that tower200 thing looks like it would just hurt me. Intense punching and thrusting with no support system seems like it would be really easy to tear something or pull something.

yea those trainers in the commercials look insane. I always thought the key to any resistance band type machine was to use controlled movement so it works your muscles both ways. Not into the insane " extreme" type stuff.

Man I'm 46 and my last name AINT Lalanne. :(

Man I'm 46 and my last name AINT Lalanne. :(

:lol: That dude is nuts.

I'm serious though. Just focus on cardio. All you need to buy is a heart rate monitor to find you exertion levels that are ideal. It's easier said than done, of course, and that's why I think the stuff like Bowflex, P90, tower200, and other junk sell so much. They promise you great physical health in a few months while the person only does the exercises it a few minutes a day.