Regardless Of Schedule, I'd Expect Playoffs This Year

izwun

It first became apparent in the last quarter of this past regular season, starting with the Saints game. It was a tough loss, but well played and finished the season with 3 straight wins.

During those last 4 games it seemed that the coaching staff were making more effective in game/halftime adjustments. The lights started coming on for Grimes (he'll start opposite of Robinson IMO)and Owens getting good game experience. Snelling showing that he is a quality backup, and more solid depth in Redman. Overall we looked like we had better chemistry. I think it was said here that we may have peaked too late, I agree with that.

Then, we picked up Robinson in FA to guarantee the improvement in our secondary. And last but not least the draft, where I think the first two picks Spoon and Peters are impact players. We got good depth on the Oline and I heard good things about Johnson after we picked him up. I also think that Meier will play a great role, eventually.

To sum up, IMO these things will carry over momentum next season and into the playoffs, making it tough for any team to play us.

The schedule looks worse than it is.

We play Pittsburgh without Ben Roethlisberger, Arizona with Matt Leinart, San Fran with Alex "Baby Hands" Smith, Cleveland with...um....moving on, Philly without Donovan McNabb, twice against Tampa and their 2nd year QB, twice against Carolina with...um....moving on again, and Seattle with whoever they run out there this year.

The schedule looks worse than it is.

We play Pittsburgh without Ben Roethlisberger, Arizona with Matt Leinart, San Fran with Alex "Baby Hands" Smith, Cleveland with...um....moving on, Philly without Donovan McNabb, twice against Tampa and their 2nd year QB, twice against Carolina with...um....moving on again, and Seattle with whoever they run out there this year.

I understand your point, but it's my belief that we are playoff bound this year. Whether we had the 3rd easiest schedule or the 3rd toughest.

Care to explain why?

That question, to that particular troll, is about as productive as asking a dog to explain why he licks himself. tongue.gif

But, on the actual post, I could not agree more:

-3rd year of our offense ... time for Ryan to return to his rookie instincts and pull it all together for a breakout season

-Robinson and Spoon (and many more) in, Houston and Hill out

-Jerry, Moore, and HD back

-A bye week that doesn't make you shake your head in sadness

-Most road opponents are the weaker opponents

List goes on and on.

Back-to-back-to back winning seasons on the road to play-offs. I say anything less than making it to the NFC Championship is a disappointment this year.