Christian Champion LeMay will announce his choice at 6:30PM Friday night.

SacFalcFan

From my understanding Lemay is not committing but just announcing his leader. His Dad said commitment is such a strong word but he thinks he can beat the QB's at Georgia out if he chooses Georgia. If he announces it is Georgia and if Murray leads us to the SECC will he still stay with Georgia?

From my understanding Lemay is not committing but just announcing his leader. His Dad said commitment is such a strong word but he thinks he can beat the QB's at Georgia out if he chooses Georgia. If he announces it is Georgia and if Murray leads us to the SECC will he still stay with Georgia?

Yes he will. He said the only two major things that will change him is an offense change (like uga going to a spread) or if the head coach is fired. After he names us his leader he will then recruit for us as if he is committed.. imo it's a commitment.. he will be a heck of a pickup.

Yes he will. He said the only two major things that will change him is an offense change (like uga going to a spread) or if the head coach is fired. After he names us his leader he will then recruit for us as if he is committed.. imo it's a commitment.. he will be a heck of a pickup.

Yeah, he is a great one, no doubt. Sac, could you see CMR getting fired if we have an aweful year? I get really tired of all the CMR bashing that goes on on the AJC blogs and by the junkyard blog guy on the ajc.

Yeah, he is a great one, no doubt. Sac, could you see CMR getting fired if we have an aweful year? I get really tired of all the CMR bashing that goes on on the AJC blogs and by the junkyard blog guy on the ajc.

nope.. there is no pressure in athens on CMR. He is loved by boosters and he is 2 bad years away from being fired. I think this guy put it very well.

"This entire "Richt is on the hot seat" thing is coming from people OUTSIDE the state of Georgia and not affiliated with the UGA program. Much ado about absolutely nothing. Now if we suffer through another 8 win or less season AND the team looks poorly coached and shows no improvement on defense, then NEXT year his seat will start to get warm. By canning Willmart and hiring Grantham, I think he bought himself at least 2, possibly three years to improve the results."

I wouldn't be too concerned with what goes on with the ajc blogs. Most people on there don't have a clue, and are solely there to start arguments. If you notice, the 1st post is usually some genius announcing he was first, then about 1 out of 10 comments are genuine thoughts/questions. The rest are GT and UGA people bashing each other (or people posing as other "fans"), with a few other rivals chiming on how UGA stinks, CMR isn't a good coach, etc...

that's awesome! I hope we do end up getting him as a dawg.

nope.. there is no pressure in athens on CMR. He is loved by boosters and he is 2 bad years away from being fired. I think this guy put it very well.

"This entire "Richt is on the hot seat" thing is coming from people OUTSIDE the state of Georgia and not affiliated with the UGA program. Much ado about absolutely nothing. Now if we suffer through another 8 win or less season AND the team looks poorly coached and shows no improvement on defense, then NEXT year his seat will start to get warm. By canning Willmart and hiring Grantham, I think he bought himself at least 2, possibly three years to improve the results."

Yeah, I completely agree, Richt is 2-3 bad years away from getting fired. Also, just like it's stated in that post, since Richt realized that their needed to be coaching changes and he made the changes, it shows that he is ready and willing to do what is necessary to help UGA to move forward. With those moves, I believe UGA will be back among the class of the SEC within a year or two.

Also, btw LMAO @ "Willmart"

Are you for real?

OK, seriously enough is enough. A kid is calling press conference to announce the front-runner? :rolleyes:

If he doesn't pick Ga because of that than he wasn't really confident after all.

Big crowd is on hand. :)

There's a signing table...like at a Wedding, asking people to sign in, saying pick Christian's team and give words of encouragement; media guides from all five teams on the table....there are pom poms of red and white and orange white, shirts with Texas A&M and Georgia, three pics of LeMay on the table....above the table is a picture of each of the helmets of the five schools.

Above the pics is his framed jersey (centered)

Balloons rep there rep each school.....

Down a hallway into the main service area in the front is a very large projector screen showing Christian as the 2009 First team national player of the year and below that a table with each of the five school's helmets....

On the left wall, is a banner saying "Which one will it be?"

ESPNU will be there to tape a showing of the announcement and then reair it at a later date.. They were incorrect it won't be live.

Under Armour All-American Christian LeMay selects Georgia

National quarterback recruit Christian LeMay (Matthews, N.C./Butler) named the Georgia Bulldogs as his "leader" Friday during a 6:30 PM press conference at his parents' church, the Champion Christian Center.

LeMay, who deliberately chose not to use the term "commit", plans to graduate from high school in December and enroll early.

He picked Georgia over Auburn, Clemson, Notre Dame and Texas A&M. Other programs including Alabama, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami-FL, Mississippi State, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Virginia Tech were previously in the mix.

Arizona State, West Virginia, Wake Forest, Illinois, Maryland, North Carolina State and Michigan among others also offered the ESPNU 150 Watch List signal-caller.

LeMay completed 170 of 248 attempts (68.5 percent) for 3,296 yards, 44 touchdowns and just two interceptions last fall.

Hopefully he can help cut down on some of the TOs, if they are still an issue when he takes the helm.