Injury Woes

juiceaccts

Seriously this draft was depressing. Nothing to talk about and didn't draft what we needed!

There were a bunch of reasons that our offense and defense struggled last year, and we need to find a way to fix that **** if we want to take the next step forward to contend long term.

Man, last year friggin Baker and Dahl were hurt... plus we got a few oldies and guys with their contrac... what? Oh.. Johnson and Hawley.. right--

But then you got PJ last year who when we lost completely screwed up our pass rush and plus Babs might... oh. Peters, well, that's fine but...

I'd love to see someone with a bunch of talent come in and give us some depth since Houston and Hill left, another option for KR/PR and someone who can ... oh, yeah -- Franks. Good pickup... thats all good but

When Douglas went down we really didn't have a true... Oh, Meier, yeah.. because Finn and.. okay, but

When Moore couldn't get healthy we were really thin at safety, and we didn't have a lot of ferocity on special t... oh... yeah Schillinger has a good chance to contribute...

Well, besides the injuries we really need to find someone who can give our defense an identity.. pump them up and... oh..

Nevermind.

DISCLAIMER: I'm sorry; I'm not very good at internet sarcasm

Falcons probably have the best core training regimen in the league. Not too mention the UFC training that they brought in this off-season.

All this core training should help sure up the injuries. It's always a game of chance, anyone can get hurt at anytime in the most freakish of ways.

you do understand that it is the NFL right? It's not like you can draft a player who is guaranteed to never get injured.

The injury argument holds no water, nothings guaranteed

Edited by JKH5785

Falcons probably have the best core training regimen in the league. Not too mention the UFC training that they brought in this off-season.

All this core training should help sure up the injuries. It's always a game of chance, anyone can get hurt at anytime in the most freakish of ways.

you do understand that it is the NFL right? It's not like you can draft a player who is guaranteed to never get injured.

The injury argument holds no water, nothings guaranteed

Glad you read my post :)

Seriously this draft was depressing. Nothing to talk about and didn't draft what we needed!

There were a bunch of reasons that our offense and defense struggled last year, and we need to find a way to fix that **** if we want to take the next step forward to contend long term.

Man, last year friggin Baker and Dahl were hurt... plus we got a few oldies and guys with their contrac... what? Oh.. Johnson and Hawley.. right--

But then you got PJ last year who when we lost completely screwed up our pass rush and plus Babs might... oh. Peters, well, that's fine but...

I'd love to see someone with a bunch of talent come in and give us some depth since Houston and Hill left, another option for KR/PR and someone who can ... oh, yeah -- Franks. Good pickup... thats all good but

When Douglas went down we really didn't have a true... Oh, Meier, yeah.. because Finn and.. okay, but

When Moore couldn't get healthy we were really thin at safety, and we didn't have a lot of ferocity on special t... oh... yeah Schillinger has a good chance to contribute...

Well, besides the injuries we really need to find someone who can give our defense an identity.. pump them up and... oh..

Nevermind.

Where have you been the last week?! Did you not notice who we drafted? We got another DT, a few guys on the o-line, another wr, another cb, and we got a safety for depth. Some people will just go out of their way to knock the team and or the FO.

Just kidding :lol:;)

Seriously though i really feel good about this draft. We have a lot of depth now in case an injury happens here or there. I feel like any of the back ups could step in and do a quality job (hopefully we wont have to see this but just in case.)

Where have you been the last week?! Did you not notice who we drafted? We got another DT, a few guys on the o-line, another wr, another cb, and we got a safety for depth. Some people will just go out of their way to knock the team and or the FO.

Just kidding :lol:;)

Seriously though i really feel good about this draft. We have a lot of depth now in case an injury happens here or there. I feel like any of the back ups could step in and do a quality job (hopefully we wont have to see this but just in case.)

Same here. So far only 50% of the people who replied actually read the OP.. :lol:

Nevermind.

I thoroughly disagree. How can you say we then draft what we needed when you weren't in the Falcons war room. Only TD and Smitty really know what we need and I trust their opinions over yours and any other so called draft expert.

I hope we go 12-4 this season so you can eat your words. The draft wasn't flashy, but it was pure TD. We got what we needed and could get. Don't believe the hype about needing a DE. If Jerry comes back 100%, the pass rush will be there. If we can go thru the season without any key injuries then I think we'll make the playoffs. We were 9-7 last year with key injuries. Also is a couple of missed field goals had been made, we could have easily been 11-5. So I'm optimistic and I think this draft is going to surprise a lot of people on how good and how much it met our needs as defined by the

FO and not some draft pundit or amateur GM.

I thoroughly disagree. How can you say we then draft what we needed when you weren't in the Falcons war room. Only TD and Smitty really know what we need and I trust their opinions over yours and any other so called draft expert.

I hope we go 12-4 this season so you can eat your words. The draft wasn't flashy, but it was pure TD. We got what we needed and could get. Don't believe the hype about needing a DE. If Jerry comes back 100%, the pass rush will be there. If we can go thru the season without any key injuries then I think we'll make the playoffs. We were 9-7 last year with key injuries. Also is a couple of missed field goals had been made, we could have easily been 11-5. So I'm optimistic and I think this draft is going to surprise a lot of people on how good and how much it met our needs as defined by the

LOL, I need to make sure that i make a consistent effort to read all they way through posts to ensure I understand. Thanks for pointing this out to me, I need to do better.

Err, I can't tell... Are you ******* with me now?

Either way, we should have gotten Tebow to fill our one major hole this year. That's all I'm saying.

1 thing, juice. When Douglas and Norwood went down, our Offense lost it's spark. I thought we would've added a similar homerun threat like that in the draft but I'm guessing the FO is fully confident in that they'll be great for the next season.

1 thing, juice. When Douglas and Norwood went down, our Offense lost it's spark. I thought we would've added a similar homerun threat like that in the draft but I'm guessing the FO is fully confident in that they'll be great for the next season.

Okay, I'm assuming you knew that I was being sarcastic but are saying that Meier isn't exactly a home-run threat. I'd have to agree with you at this point, I see him as a stellar slot guy. Perfect #4 or backup for Douglas, and down the line maybe see Douglas at #2.

Well I guess I fall into the group that mis-understood.

I did not read it as sarcasm But as the OP expressing

his utter distain and dis-believe at each of the actions

he listed.

Ah I see. I can see, rereading it now, that it could be taken that way.

It was more of a 'guy-who-is-getting-disproven-about-draft'