G-Dawg starting a NFL content website - coming soon - NFL Dirt.com

g-dawg

NFLdirt.com

the website is "up" now but there is no content yet. It will not be catered just towards Falcons but focus on all 32 NFL teams - obviously the Falcons content will be superior.

The concept is to provide draft info/analysis/opinion but also team information - not "just" a draft site. Thinking it would be kind of like the old Sporting News format with a paragraph on each team - probably would update it bi-weekly or monthly. Myself and one of my buddies are going to produce content for website. I'm a little concerned about the time element of this - gotta make sure my day-job does not suffer...

anyway, I will post again to let you guys know when we have some content.

G-Dawg

P.S. - if any of you guys have suggestions on what you would like to see on website - things you like about other websites, things you don't like, new stuff you would like to see - let me know - we are still in infancy stages and would love to hear from you.

Edited by g-dawg

Good luck on your new website G-dawg, but is this the same Source that told you we are going to Draft Odrick at 19, LOL J/K, but I will check it on, and I dont have any suggestions just dont clutter it up with, and now pop up adverstisments that make sounds. I always hate it when i go to NFLdraftcountdown and I have to listen to a loud advertisements, it is not a good look while I am supposed to be working at the JOB LOL

Good luck on your new website G-dawg, but is this the same Source that told you we are going to Draft Odrick at 19, LOL J/K, but I will check it on, and I dont have any suggestions just dont clutter it up with, and now pop up adverstisments that make sounds. I always hate it when i go to NFLdraftcountdown and I have to listen to a loud advertisements, it is not a good look while I am supposed to be working at the JOB LOL

yea, LOL that was obviously not accurate info. on Odrick. I think the Falcons did like him but after the Dimitroff interviews he clearly was #5 on their list(at best).

yes, I hate the loud advertisements on nfldraftcountdown as well. At some point, we will put some ads on there but will try and stay away from the ones with sound!!!

any other stuff you would like to see on the site? I value your opinion Jaymadd. Maybe I could recruit you as a "guest columnist" from time-to-time? :rolleyes:

Edited by g-dawg

yea, LOL that was obviously not accurate info. on Odrick. I think the Falcons did like him but after the Dimitroff interviews he clearly was #5 on their list(at best).

yes, I hate the loud advertisements on nfldraftcountdown as well. At some point, we will put some ads on there but will try and stay away from the ones with sound!!!

any other stuff you would like to see on the site? I value your opinion Jaymadd. Maybe I could recruit you as a "guest columnist" from time-to-time? :rolleyes:

I would be honored but I am not a writer LOL, as a matter of fact Puncuation killed me in English, I hated English with a passion in college and High School. I cant think of anything else but if i do I will be glad to let you know.

I think PFF gets a lot of traffic because they do a lot of individualized rankings and such. Of course, that is a heck of a lot of work. However, depending on the size of your staff, you could scout current players based on a game or two and update a few players every few weeks.

It's nice to have an "unbiased" write up of players, especially when they are available for trade, released, or up for FA for the football folk to peruse.

Oh, and a Sporkdevil section would probably get you a lot of traffic too. Just think about it ;)

I would be honored but I am not a writer LOL, as a matter of fact Puncuation killed me in English, I hated English with a passion in college and High School. I cant think of anything else but if i do I will be glad to let you know.

ok.....keep thinking and e-mail/message me if you think of anythong on content. As far as writing goes, you come up with good article - I will edit it for you and make it coherent :)

I think PFF gets a lot of traffic because they do a lot of individualized rankings and such. Of course, that is a heck of a lot of work. However, depending on the size of your staff, you could scout current players based on a game or two and update a few players every few weeks.

It's nice to have an "unbiased" write up of players, especially when they are available for trade, released, or up for FA for the football folk to peruse.

Oh, and a Sporkdevil section would probably get you a lot of traffic too. Just think about it ;)

will do sporky......my staff right now consists of myself and my best friend - hardly a staff......the rest of my staff may be Jaymadd, Sporkdevil, ATLJBO, etc.....you guys. B)

will do sporky......my staff right now consists of myself and my best friend - hardly a staff......the rest of my staff may be Jaymadd, Sporkdevil, ATLJBO, etc.....you guys. B)

:lol: I've got connections. Kroy tweeted me on twitter a few weeks ago when I told him I fully expect him to get 3 sacks against Pitts scrubby tackles. He said he was working hard to do exactly that.

Investigative journalism. I does it.

A couple of things that I find difficult to find or disappear are players contracts, combine stats from previous years, and franchise records. It's not until the AJC or JMike does a write up that a player is close to breaking a franchise record.

It would also be nice to have one site for every player that would have his stats, injury report, college stats, contract, quotes, snaps (like PFF), etc. Of course that would take a massive staff but it would be nice not to have to go to multiple websites to pull together one overall concept.

Good luck!!!

OH, it would be cool to have a site that would clear up confusion on some things like the supplemental draft or suspensions. I'm tired of explaining Babineaux will only be getting a 1 game suspension, as have all the first time marijuana offenders, and people are putting it in the same category as PED's.

Stuff like that which usually gets asked on the board. A good coherent explanation is always good!

A couple of things that I find difficult to find or disappear are players contracts, combine stats from previous years, and franchise records. It's not until the AJC or JMike does a write up that a player is close to breaking a franchise record.

It would also be nice to have one site for every player that would have his stats, injury report, college stats, contract, quotes, snaps (like PFF), etc. Of course that would take a massive staff but it would be nice not to have to go to multiple websites to pull together one overall concept.

Good luck!!!

Oh, and a good list of predraft visits for comparison next year. That info is impossible to find the next year.

What's also impossible to find is some old articles, like on the AJC. I've looked half a dozen times for the one about out strength and conditioning before the season. The staff had some new form of training for the players, and they attributed it to the lack of 2008 injuries. I wanted to post it last season because everyone and their mother got injured, but I can't find it. So... perhaps a bank of links to interesting articles?

Edit: If storage isn't an issue, maybe you could keep Falcons photos in one location. Stuff like camp and game shots tend to disappear as well.

Edited by sporkdevil

btw, how do you guys like the name of the website? NFLdirt.com? We wanted to keep it simple so its easy to type in and remember yet have a good effective name.

Its not a real jazzy name but we like it - we sorted through about 50 names before coming up with this - we were suprised no one else had grabbed it yet.

btw, how do you guys like the name of the website? NFLdirt.com? We wanted to keep it simple so its easy to type in and remember yet have a good effective name.

Its not a real jazzy name but we like it - we sorted through about 50 names before coming up with this - we were suprised no one else had grabbed it yet.

Good luck with the website G-D. I like the idea, especially the Falcons focus, but am concerned the the domain name might throw some people off. The term "dirt" might be too casual for readers and could lead them to think that the focus is on tabloid type player off-field antics, as opposed to pure football as I know you intend.

Good luck with the website G-D. I like the idea, especially the Falcons focus, but am concerned the the domain name might throw some people off. The term "dirt" might be too casual for readers and could lead them to think that the focus is on tabloid type player off-field antics, as opposed to pure football as I know you intend.

thanks for your thoughts and support muskokas. I see what you mean on concerns over the name "dirt" but it won't be like that - its not going to be like profootballtalk.com - heck I absolutely HATE talking about "off-field" issues of players like Mike Vick, Ben Roethlisberger or Tiger Woods - i can assure you this website will be more about draft info, free agent info. - analysis, etc., etc. I see your point - once we get folks to the site and its established - they will figure out that its not a "gossip" site. :D

I love the idea and I will support your website, if the stuff you write on there is as good as the stuff that you have here I will definitely recommend it to my friends. If you ever need an extra article from time to time Im willing to help i read a lot of sport articles an it would be nice to do one.

will keep you and a lot of others on here in mind - as I am sure I will not be able to generate enough content by myself....thanks for your support DirtyBirdSupa