I don't believe it's Cox fault that the team suck. Since the new owners took over, the Braves have sucked big time.

Cox is worse than Woody. had enough talent to win 14 straight division titles but in the playoffs when it came down to actually managing the games, could only win ONE World Series. and the common denominator all those years was ...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cox is worse than Woody. had enough talent to win 14 straight division titles but in the playoffs when it came down to actually managing the games, could only win ONE World Series. and the common denominator all those years was ...

This is what I am screaming!! 14 Division titles, and 1 World Series.

Dang, if the Falcons are the closest thing ya'll got to a "championship" team... then im sorry.

All ima say is, thank god for the Rays.

you guys havent had baseball that long so I'll help ya out.... records in april and may are just about meaningless. only thing you can do at this point of the season is lose your chance to compete by going 2-29 or something. Dont even look at the standings until june. I can't even tell you how many times the braves were in last place at some point during may and still won the division....

....so dont get too excited cause the rays are in first place in APRIL! I like the rays, they're a good team and I hope they beat out the yankees and red sox, but yeah your record is meaningless at the moment.

Falcons then Hawks when they get a real coach(Avery Johnson) the Braves are not to far off they just need a new coach and 1rst Basemen/CF

I would love to have Avery Johnson as our coach. I had been giving Woodson the benefit of the doubt, but his performance last night was horrible. He waited until half way into the 4th qtr to start posting up Ridnour. If he had done that earlier and forced Skiles to bench him that game would have been ours.

That being said, the Falcons are the class organization in the city right now and I'm happy to be able to say that!!

braves and hawks are nowhere close to championship calibre. Therefore by default it is the falcons, which aren't that much better off as it stands today anyway. The expectations for the falcons this year are pretty high IMO. I'd say they have a strong chance of competing for the NFC Championship game, but that is potential.

At this point you can only polish a turd so much...at the end of the day it's still a turd.

you guys havent had baseball that long so I'll help ya out.... records in april and may are just about meaningless. only thing you can do at this point of the season is lose your chance to compete by going 2-29 or something. Dont even look at the standings until june. I can't even tell you how many times the braves were in last place at some point during may and still won the division....

....so dont get too excited cause the rays are in first place in APRIL! I like the rays, they're a good team and I hope they beat out the yankees and red sox, but yeah your record is meaningless at the moment.

im not crowning anyone yet, just enjoying the ride so far. :D

I couldn't find the original thread but folks the Hawks are on the verge of elimination in the playoffs and the Braves have lost eight straight games. The Falcons meanwhile are amassing young, hungry talent while sprinkling in some vet leadership and are coming off two winning seasons in a row. I think its painfully OBVIOUS the Falcons are the serious contender of all the Atlanta sports teams.

Falcons have a better chance. For the fact that the Hawks wont make it with the tough playoff road and the Braves are in a slump. Even thou i have the Braves making the World Series i dont think they can pull it off.

I couldn't find the original thread but folks the Hawks are on the verge of elimination in the playoffs and the Braves have lost eight straight games. The Falcons meanwhile are amassing young, hungry talent while sprinkling in some vet leadership and are coming off two winning seasons in a row. I think its painfully OBVIOUS the Falcons are the serious contender of all the Atlanta sports teams.

I like what the Hawks are doing, but don't think they are quite there yet. And that was before this playoff series started. I think they have a chance to be good for a while though, and that's amazing given their ownership situation.

But the Falcons are by far much closer to winning a championship IMO.

The Hawks are a talented team, but they need at least ONE superstar player and Woody has to go.

The Braves are a LONG way off, I wish Ted still owned the team.

The Falcons are real contenders. If they are anything close to middle of the pack on defense this year they can easily win 11 games with the offense they have.

The Hawks are close but not quite there yet, maybe a few players away I think. The Braves should have fired Cox years ago and they could be a much better team right now, more than several players away imo (I also wish Ted still owned the team). The Thrashers are only close to making the playoffs and certainly a few players away from being a very good team. I'd say the Falcons are easily the best of the bunch and should make the playoffs this year, just not sure how far they go.

The Hawks are a talented team, but they need at least ONE superstar player and Woody has to go.

The Braves are a LONG way off, I wish Ted still owned the team.

The Falcons are real contenders. If they are anything close to middle of the pack on defense this year they can easily win 11 games with the offense they have.

Yep that's it. I stopped watching the Braves. I don't believe that the ownership cares if they win or not, so why should I? Falcons, then Hawks.

We'll the braves did win World Series once. Should be like 3 times. But they haven't done squat in years.

A lot of people want Bobby Cox to stay, I want him to go, hes been great etc..... They need new thinking, they go back to great pitching etc... They STILL CAN"T HIT WORTH A CR-AP. Pitching don't matter. :wacko:

Hawks are the new Chokers in Atlanta. :unsure:

I'm waiting for the Thrashers to go to Canada or somehere like the Flames. Then they will win the Stanley Cup. :(

Lastly out of all the teams that "seem" to be going in the right direction, its the Falcons :)

Edited by nativefalcon

As of 5:15pm EDT on 4/30/10 I would say the Hawks. That could change at 9:45pm. I think they will get it done tonight and advance to Round 2.

If they don't probably the Falcons.

Braves will get it turned around but still need a base stealer and a bopper. I think they will come back though. Don't give up folks. They have weapons. Long season.

Guest Gritz

The Falcons are light years ahead of the Hawks and Braves as far as championship potential. :)

Yep...What van said.

It starts at the top. When you have a singular smart, focused owner who is willing to open his pockets to get good front office talent and players then you are going to be in the mix.

The Hawks and Braves aren't even close to having that type of ownership.