Falcons still not finished

flyguy28

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no "analyst" can TRULY know every team, none of them knows the falcons like we do, they dont know that kroy had a breakout season and this year he will be even better, and a lot of analysts out there do not know how good our pass rush was when peria jerry was on the field, all of them say "abraham started the season great but then he only recorded 3 sacks in 13 games" or something like that, because they dont know (or dont understand) that peria took on a lot of double teams opening the one on one for kroy and abraham, so stop worrying, we are set and done and we will not get a DE this season

couldnt have said it better my self i tottaly agree they act like they know everything about every team -_-

no "analyst" can TRULY know every team, none of them knows the falcons like we do, they dont know that kroy had a breakout season and this year he will be even better, and a lot of analysts out there do not know how good our pass rush was when peria jerry was on the field, all of them say "abraham started the season great but then he only recorded 3 sacks in 13 games" or something like that, because they dont know (or dont understand) that peria took on a lot of double teams opening the one on one for kroy and abraham, so stop worrying, we are set and done and we will not get a DE this season

exactly what i was thinking. if they kept up with the Falcons at all, they would see how well the Beerman has improved and that we have Sidbury waiting to make his mark.

Atlanta Falcons

The Falcons still need a defensive end. They used their first-round pick on a linebacker, Sean Weatherspoon, because they believed he was the best available player for their spot (19th). Had Michigan's Brandon Graham not gone to Philadelphia at No. 13, the Falcons probably would have chosen him. They are left to continue to lean on veteran John Abraham and hope that some younger players at the position can develop and contribute.

Its hard to see where another DE would fit as it stands. We have 5 who will all play

Abes not getting cut

Biermanns not getting cut

Sidburys not getting cut

Davis got resigned last offseason

Anderson has value as a run end and will play out his rookie contract

I don't see us carrying 6 DEs, and Nicholas has gotten sacks playing DE as well

At the end of the season we will evaluate if Abe has really started to decline, how good Biermann is, if Sidbury is a player and if Davis can help as a pass rusher and we'll know how severe the problem is

I dont mind our DEs as it stands and the additions of Jerry and Peters and DT Spoon at LB Robinson at CB and Moore at SS will obviously improve the pass rush and D as a whole

exactly what i was thinking. if they kept up with the Falcons at all, they would see how well the Beerman has improved and that we have Sidbury waiting to make his mark.

TD said the same thing after Buck & Kincade interviewed him. They said what do you think about Kiper giving us a C-, TD just laughed and was pretty self assured about bringing the rush up the middle.

Atlanta Falcons

The Falcons still need a defensive end. They used their first-round pick on a linebacker, Sean Weatherspoon, because they believed he was the best available player for their spot (19th). Had Michigan's Brandon Graham not gone to Philadelphia at No. 13, the Falcons probably would have chosen him. They are left to continue to lean on veteran John Abraham and hope that some younger players at the position can develop and contribute.

You don't know what you're talking about. You've listened to too many ignorant sports "experts" if that's what you think.

Pass rush depends on good pass coverage & pass coverage depends on good pass rush. We had gaping holes in both last year & it made all facets of defense even worse. With those holes plugged (PJ back, depth at DT, upgrade in rush & pass coverage at LB, & much improved secondary) the pass rushers will be "enabled" this year rather than "hindered" as they were last year. Abe still has at least 2-3 years of double digit sacks in the tank. Sidbury is his heir & will be recognized as extraordinary depth until he takes over full time. And Biermann will be our next Kerney for years to come with Davis as quality depth for a long while as well.

After this year, the "experts" will be praising TD & forgetting why they ever suggested DE as our biggest need. In fact many will lie & say they never did suggest that & conveniently ignore it as the main reason for giving us a poor draft grade. They'll eat crow when they have to admit this was a brilliant draft year.

You don't know what you're talking about. You've listened to too many ignorant sports "experts" if that's what you think.

Pass rush depends on good pass coverage & pass coverage depends on good pass rush. We had gaping holes in both last year & it made all facets of defense even worse. With those holes plugged (PJ back, depth at DT, upgrade in rush & pass coverage at LB, & much improved secondary) the pass rushers will be "enabled" this year rather than "hindered" as they were last year. Abe still has at least 2-3 years of double digit sacks in the tank. Sidbury is his heir & will be recognized as extraordinary depth until he takes over full time. And Biermann will be our next Kerney for years to come with Davis as quality depth for a long while as well.

After this year, the "experts" will be praising TD & forgetting why they ever suggested DE as our biggest need. In fact many will lie & say they never did suggest that & conveniently ignore it as the main reason for giving us a poor draft grade. They'll eat crow when they have to admit this was a brilliant draft year.

Good points made, but I think aussie was just posting the article...:unsure:

If people want to make the argument that our DEs are going to be fine this year, I can understand that argument. Anybody trying to suggest they were anything but crappy last year, that, I can't understand. Quarterbacks had all day to throw the ball in most games last year, especially the games Atlanta lost.

5 sacks while being part of a rotation isn't chump-change either.

Kroy got tons of snaps last year.

Fifty eight players had more than 5 sacks last year. Thirty -two DEs had more than 5 sacks. He was just OK, nobody should classify his season as a "breakout" year. A "breakout" year is when you do something really good.

Its the mike vick needs receivers argument. In the sense because of horrible coverage our ends didn't have enough time to get to the qb.

Well the people who think that should go back and watch some of the games. Start with Dallas, then the Giants, the Carolina games. Just no pressure at all from the ends.

The author isn't offbase. He just didn't go into detail about Bierman improving in his second year or maybe he just overlooked that because out of 16 games used sparingly on passing downs he's far from getting the ProBowl nod.

I'm still saying the same thing I did before the draft even though I like the Weatherspoon pick.

Bierman-One year wonder or rising star?

Abe-On permanent decline or will he bounce back?

Jerry-Seemed to do fairly well but is two games enough to determine that he is the missing piece especially after injury?

That's 3 out of the 4 lineman who are questionable. I'm not saying we are "dumed", I'm just saying I wouldn't expect a top 10 pass rush especially going with much of the same front 4 that went 26th last year. I've got an awful lot of finger crossing for a lot of positions that may improve the pass rush.

If people want to make the argument that our DEs are going to be fine this year, I can understand that argument. Anybody trying to suggest they were anything but crappy last year, that, I can't understand. Quarterbacks had all day to throw the ball in most games last year, especially the games Atlanta lost.

That's not all the DE's fault. We rarily blitzed because CB's, LB's, & safeties were always in set for pass coverage because teams knew they could throw on us. And when we did blitz , it was telegraphed. Add to that a lack of inside penetration & knowing exactly who's a threat & who's not, it was easy to scheme against us. I mean if you saw JA98, Babs, Walker, & Abe on the line, what would you do? You'd double Abe, pinch the gap at Babs, man up Walker, put the FB/RB/TE on JA98, & you'd have 5 receivers & plenty of time to throw.

What they'll have this year is penetration threat from both DT's & possibly LB's, CB's, and/or safeties, as well as speed at both DE's, & receivers having a harder time getting open. They won't be able pass block with just 4 or 5, they'll need 6 or risk a sack from any of our frnt 7 or a blitzing CB or safety which they won't know is coming or not because we don't need to zone cover with 7 people anymore, we have the cover talent now to man up their 3 receivers & compress the middle TE/RB dump passes. Last year opposing teams always had an advantage in play makers on the field. Now they'll be forced to have more blockers. And when they get behind & constantly have 3rd & long, they'll pull blockers for receivers, & this is when sacks happen or rushed throws under pressure into coverage with covered up receivers which results in more int's or incompletions.

We simply didn't have this last year due to injuries, lack of depth for rotation to keep fresh legs, & missing talent to make it all possible. This year we have all of it. PJ , Peters, Spoon, Moore, D'Rob, & having great speed & talent at the rest of the positions is an instant 180 over last year.

The author isn't offbase. He just didn't go into detail about Bierman improving in his second year or maybe he just overlooked that because out of 16 games used sparingly on passing downs he's far from getting the ProBowl nod.

I'm still saying the same thing I did before the draft even though I like the Weatherspoon pick.

Bierman-One year wonder or rising star?

Abe-On permanent decline or will he bounce back?

Jerry-Seemed to do fairly well but is two games enough to determine that he is the missing piece especially after injury?

That's 3 out of the 4 lineman who are questionable. I'm not saying we are "dumed", I'm just saying I wouldn't expect a top 10 pass rush especially going with much of the same front 4 that went 26th last year. I've got an awful lot of finger crossing for a lot of positions that may improve the pass rush.

I'm optimistic, but realistic as well. So, I spot-on agree with you here.