GOOD NEWS: Next years draft is LOADED with Pass Rushers

With that kind of talent, I wouldn't be surprised if our first 2 picks are both new DE's.

I think this is definitely the last hurrah for JA 98. If he can't be a servicable DT at least like he had shown glimpses of last season, I think he's as good as done on this team.

Hopefully we will get good production this year from Biermann/Sidbury and see what they've got to give opposite of Abe. Jerry (if healthy), Babs and Peters/Anderson should be a very good rotation as our 2 DT's, hopefully that will free up Abe and Biermann/Sidbury to wreak som havoc.

That's interesting. Could be. Dimitroff has made reference to strategizing about the draft years in advance depending on needs and the strengths of a respective draft class.

He is a **** fine GM. I'm SO glad he's ours.

Getting Abraham's replacement in the 2011 draft would be much better. If we had gotten a DE this year, he would only have shared playing time with Beerman and Sidbury. As things stand now, we'll have a solid rotation at DE this season, and then a year or two from now our '11 rookie can replace Abraham permanently.

I had been on the OLB bandwagon since last year. If we drafted a rookie DE, we would have been lucky to even get close to the production that Biermann had last year. A 5 sack rookie season would have been stellar. I always felt like we should give the Beerman and Sid the opportunity to develop and assess who will be Abe's replacement next season, whether that be Sid, Kroy, or draft a DE in 2011.

Yea next year's draft is going to be a doozie.... And some teams not picking up a qb made me happy too. Because next years going to be loaded with QB talent. so maybe scrub teams infront of us go QB and offense first pick. Cause im thinking we will pick at the 32 spot :P.

1st round talent Pass Rushers next year: Marcell Dareus, Robert Quinn, Cameron Heyward, Greg Romeus, Adrian Clayborn, Jared Crick, Allen Bailey, Von Miller, and Sam Acho.

That's 9 in the first round! http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

Good point; plus it is very questionable anybody we could have realisticly gotten with our picks would be better than Biermann. I think Biermann is poised to have a great year with another offseason to get bigger and stronger to go along with his relentless motor.

By the way you got to lose your screenname: JA98. Jamaal is shaping out to be one of the biggest busts we have every had and is universally disliked on the MB. You don't see anybody with Bruce Pickens or Andre Bruce as their screenname. You would be better off picking somebody that can actually play like Biermann for your name.

If Morgan or Graham were there it would have made TDs job tough but LB is the safest pick you can make and we got a good one. We have Abe who's not finished and will bounce back (Look at his career stats he has never failed to bounce back and hes not done at 31). We have Biermann whos very promising and we need to see where he is. We need to see where Sidbury is. They will be our top 3 pass rushers. Davis and Anderson will be run D ends, Davis may get to pass rush some. Nicholas has gotten sacks playing DE before as well. Next year or the year after we'll look to take another pass rusher in the 1st or 2nd to replace Abe and Anderson

Good point; plus it is very questionable anybody we could have realisticly gotten with our picks would be better than Biermann. I think Biermann is poised to have a great year with another offseason to get bigger and stronger to go along with his relentless motor.

By the way you got to lose your screenname: JA98. Jamaal is shaping out to be one of the biggest busts we have every had and is universally disliked on the MB. You don't see anybody with Bruce Pickens or Andre Bruce as their screenname. You would be better off picking somebody that can actually play like Biermann for your name.

wow lighten up.....

Without trading up, all the usual suspects at DE were taken. I'm sure this made it easy to go OLB. It also is obvisous that TD is well schooled in the state of the draft and I'm sure well aware of next years strengths. TD didn't panic he stuck to his guns. He addressed DE in past drafts which gives him the ability to build on an already strong foundation. Fans generaly don't look past the upcoming season and find difficulty in understanding building for the future. Finaly a FO that has a plan other than lose alot of games, insert high draft pick here to be the messiah, play on the fan's gullibility and take their money. Soon the Falcons wont be going to war in a sportscar, they will be going in a tank.

Sidbury is a big dude & he was a dominating DE with speed & finese in college. He's only in his second year & he didn't get much play time last year due to being a rookie on an already struggling defense. With such poor pass coverage & missing good pass rush in the middle, he didn't really stand a chance to make a rookie splash. He's way better than some of you think. He's not some little mediocre guy struggling to be a backup & some 2011 rookie is going to be groomed to take Abe's place when he's done. Sidbury is a beast & with the pieces in place this year & a bunch more snaps, we'll hopefully get to see how good he really is. And when that happens, we'll all be in agreement that TD picks the best OG/OT in the 1st next year rather than another DE who won't start. Biermann & Sid are the future for years to come. Just watch.

1st round talent Pass Rushers next year: Marcell Dareus, Robert Quinn, Cameron Heyward, Greg Romeus, Adrian Clayborn, Jared Crick, Allen Bailey, Von Miller, and Sam Acho.

I find it ironic that this post was started by a messageboard member who's name and avatar references JA98 :lol::lol::lol:

good topic though - +1 to you for topic. B)

Too bad were gonna won the Super Bowl, and are gonna have to pick last unless we trade up.

Was that even necessary? Does it really matter to you what is screen name is?

Just be careful about assuming that this class will remain strong. I think it will be strong too, but you can't be sure that it will and a lot of things will change between now and next year at this same time. There's nothing wrong with projecting whether this will be a strong class or not, but it should be substantially better than this year's class as far as depth.

However, be careful about assuming that all of these guys fit our system. Dareus plays DE in Bama's 3-4, Heyward is an ideal 3-4 DE and I believe Ohio State is actually playing some 3-4 this year (they lined up that way in their Spring Game), Crick is a DT who played next to Suh at Nebraska, Allen Bailey is a bit of a DE/DT 'tweener, he might end up a 3-4 DE as well.

Quinn, Clayborn, Romeus look like 4-3 DE's, but Clayborn could end up a 3-4 DE. Acho and Miller are both a little light for RE in a 4-3, so they might be better 3-4 OLB's. But it's early obviously, that's just what I thought when I saw them last year.

All I'm saying is be careful about looking at guys with a decent number of sacks and saying we will have tons of options for finding a 4-3 LE or even a RE. We will have more than we did in this draft in my opinion, but I thought I'd just temper some of the optimism in this thread. Sorry to be a downer, lol.