Hawkeye's early 2011 prediction

hawkeye

After looking at all the positions I think we will probably need to fill either OT or WR. And that's if no major

injury occurs at another position. I don't like the 1st rd TE's for next year and besides TG might just re-sign

for another year or two. If not we probably will replace him with Peek or Palmer. But I believe in the end we go

with an OT in the 1st rd b/c that's a safer pick than a WR. In this past draft it seems like we picked players

from schools that already had a player on the team from the same school. We missed out on Tennant from BC, but

I don't think we will miss out on OT Anthony Castonzo this time. This guy is a baller. If he doesn't pull a Myron

Rolle and go to Oxford and if he is on the board when we pick, I think he will be a Falcon. Now if we do decide

to take a WR I like Armon Binns from Cincy.

http://bceagles.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/castonzo_anthony01.html

Also supported Matt Ryan in his record-setting year.

After looking at all the positions I think we will probably need to fill either OT or WR. And that's if no major

injury occurs at another position. I don't like the 1st rd TE's for next year and besides TG might just re-sign

for another year or two. If not we probably will replace him with Peek or Palmer. But I believe in the end we go

with an OT in the 1st rd b/c that's a safer pick than a WR. In this past draft it seems like we picked players

from schools that already had a player on the team from the same school. We missed out on Tennant from BC, but

I don't think we will miss out on OT Anthony Castonzo this time. This guy is a baller. If he doesn't pull a Myron

Rolle and go to Oxford and if he is on the board when we pick, I think he will be a Falcon. Now if we do decide

Agree Hawk. Castonzo would be an excellent addition.

Gb

I agree completely. RT and WR2 in 1st and 2nd, and I think we need a running back in the third as well because I don't think they keep both Snelling and Norwood after this year. I think they grab another G as well.

Next year's draft will complete the Plan, and have a full team hand-picked by TD.

I agree completely. RT and WR2 in 1st and 2nd, and I think we need a running back in the third as well because I don't think they keep both Snelling and Norwood after this year. I think they grab another G as well.

Next year's draft will complete the Plan, and have a full team hand-picked by TD.

Agree, except we'll need DE. We have young and developing starters and depth at all other positions on defense, but at DE we'll need someone.

On offense, primary needs will be OT and WR, but we could use a young versatile RB, and a TE who's a legitimate threat. I'd very much like to be able to take a DE in FA, so we could essentially go, OT, WR, RB, TE in basically that order in the draft. Getting any one of those 5 positions in FA, though, would make us be able to get top 4 round talent in the others. I'd expect next year's draft to give us young and developing guys on offense, to complement those on D, and to complement the vets on offense.

Pending on how many Juniors decide to enter the draft, the 2011 draft is very deep in defensive end and wide receiver talent which just so happen to be positions of need next year.

After next season Abraham's contract will be up and the possibility of just cutting JA98 is there due to under performing on his contract. Arguably Sidbury and Biermann will both be ready to take over the starting reins but getting new DEs for the rotation will be needed, especially if Abraham isn't re-signed.

There is also the potential of taking a receiver in the 1st. If Jenkins underperforms against and Meier and the others are just unable to take over no.2 duties then taking a receiver in the first may be needed.

How about Kyle Rudolph at TE?

I seriously think we go DE, we need Abe's future replacement. With that said I would like to get Robert Quinn (my favorite for 2011) or Greg Romeus.

The thing with Anthony Castonzo is that he is a LT only, IMO. If the FO don't feel confident in Baker, then this may be the move, but I think if we went tackle we should target Gabe Carimi or Nate Solder.

I like the idea of targeting Gabe Carimi, potentially Greg Romeus (even though he did not look strong versus the run last year. If he can develop versus the run then he could be a quality LE prospect) and Greg Little in round 1. I am really high on Little, he really attacks the ball in the air. Personally I'm not very high on Binns, it will be interesting to see how he does this year, but I thought he looked like a decent prospect last year, but definitely not a 1st or 2nd rounder.