TD on the hurd today

Robinson is not a shutdown corner. THere's only two of those in the league and they play for oakland and the jets.

Second, we haven't improved our pass rush. Abe is a year older and Anderson is probably fatter.

Finally, our defense will be improved but its because of our upgrades at LB and return of Peria Jerry.

Moving Nicholas to the strong side and letting spoon cover the TE's at weak side improves the LB strategy as Nicholas is more probably better suited to play sam with his size and down hill ability.

Robinson is not a shutdown corner. THere's only two of those in the league and they play for oakland and the jets.

Second, we haven't improved our pass rush. Abe is a year older and Anderson is probably fatter.

Finally, our defense will be improved but its because of our upgrades at LB and return of Peria Jerry.

Moving Nicholas to the strong side and letting spoon cover the TE's at weak side improves the LB strategy as Nicholas is more probably better suited to play sam with his size and down hill ability.

I agree with most of this. Robinson is not a shutdown corner; he's just a very solid player with pretty good hands, a willingness to hit, and very good coverage skills. I'm also afraid that you might end up being correct about Abe continuing to slow down. Sid, and Bierman will hopefully develop and provide balance to the pass rush. I still think we could have a really good season, but "the process" is most likely at least 1 year away from really being in place.

I've been thinking about the Spoon pick and I want to ask a question of folks here. I think Curtis has played really well, and will be an excellent player for us for multiple seasons. But does anyone else here think we might consider moving Spoon to the MLB spot when we play nickel, and on obvious passing downs? I BELIEVE Spoon is SUPPOSED to be a bit better at coverage, and getting deep than Lofton.

Nicholas did play SAM last year. Peterson played WILL