Dimitroff Interview on 680 This Morning

Thanks for the interview! But from what I heard in the beginning of the interview he stated that he got his #1 scenario in the first round. So it seems that Sean was the first choice. IDK if I missed something or heard something wrong.

You heard wrong. Sounds like he said Witherspoon was their 3rd choice and that they expected their 1st 2 choices to be gone by the time they got to #19. Also they had 5 different scenarios they had ran. I could have sworn I heard him say, that if came down to Morgan/Graham versus Spoon it would have been a difficult decision.

You heard wrong. Sounds like he said Witherspoon was their 3rd choice and that they expected their 1st 2 choices to be gone by the time they got to #19. Also they had 5 different scenarios they had ran. I could have sworn I heard him say, that if came down to Morgan/Graham versus Spoon it would have been a difficult decision.

I listened to it 2 more times just to make sure and he said that he got his #1 scenario, but idk if that scenario include Graham/Morgan being there or not being there. I agree that he did say that if either of them was there with spoon then it would be a tough decision, but he never specified which one he would've picked over the other. So maybe one didn't have a ranking over the other. It might have come down to a vote in the war room of whom should be picked. Just a guess. We probably will never know. Welcome Spoon!!!

I don't know why there is so much confusion over the first part of the interview.

He said it played out like he expected it to, with them getting Spoon.

They liked Morgan and Graham, but figured they would have been gone.

It would have been a very difficult decision if they had fallen to 19.

He never says to even really suggests that he would have taken one of them over Spoon. His "#1 scenario" was them being gone and Spoon falling to them. Not #1 as in most prefered, but the first scenario they imagined happening.

Based off what I have heard so far though, 4 players they were looking at was Spoon, Graham, Morgan, and Pouncey in no particular order.

I don't know why there is so much confusion over the first part of the interview.

He said it played out like he expected it to, with them getting Spoon.

They liked Morgan and Graham, but figured they would have been gone.

It would have been a very difficult decision if they had fallen to 19.

He never says to even really suggests that he would have taken one of them over Spoon. His "#1 scenario" was them being gone and Spoon falling to them. Not #1 as in most prefered, but the first scenario they imagined happening.

Based off what I have heard so far though, 4 players they were looking at was Spoon, Graham, Morgan, and Pouncey in no particular order.

Yea, when Philly jumped up to get Graham at 13 I figured us getting a DE in the 1st was out. I didn't think we were gonna trade up to get 1 b/c we had other needs to fill so it made sense to stay @ 19 and get Spoon.

Some other stuff.

Said he strongly looked at going back into the 2nd leading up to the draft, but no one wanted to really move out of the position. As the draft came closer, it got that much harder. Didn't really want to give away future picks though, and really wanted to have all his picks going into next year's draft. Said that as the draft started and went on, he didn't feel the need to move back up into the 2nd. Short version? Wanted a 2nd going in, no one wanted to budge, didn't want to give up future picks, and didn't want to move up once he saw what was available in the 2nd.

DE was in his mind going into the draft, but after the DEs he wanted were gone he didn't just go and draft a DE(s) for the sake of it. He didn't want to reach, draft someone who he didn't feel fit the organization, or pick some random/unknown guy.

He likes what he has in Biermann. I think it's safe to say that we will be seeing a lot more of Kroy in the future, and may just be our starting DE next year. He also believes Abraham still can be the guy at DE.

He believes that with the return of Jerry, having Babineaux, and the addition of Peters, that rotation along the DT position will provided a much needed strong interior pass rush that will ultimately help our DEs.

One of his focuses going into the draft was improving the pass rush, but he believes there is more to improving the pass rush than just drafting DEs.

He was somewhat surprised Tebow went in the 1st, but not surprised that Denver took him. Says Josh McD believes he can turn Tebow into a Pro QB.

On Everson Griffen. TD says Griffen was the most touted pure pass rusher in the draft. Says talent was not an issue, but hinted strongly that character was a major issue for him and many other teams.

On Myron Rolle. TD said all teams would love to have him on their team, but there were questions of how he would fit in position wise on a team. He went late simply because of a lack of talent.

On Dominique Franks. Looks at him quite a bit, and believes he was going to go early and was 2nd round talent. Many other teams believed he was 2nd round talent as well. Likes his speed and return skills. All around good player that is good for depth and will have a shot to compete at the CB position, which will have a lot of big battles. He strongly believes they have upgraded the CB position this off-season.

He wants strong depth, rotation, and versatility along the defensive line; hence the Corey Peters pick. Loves DTs who have lateral leverage, as well as the ability to shoot the gap and 1 gap penetrate. Thinks he's a smart football player who can generate TFLs.

On Mike Johnson. He's literally every position on the line. As TD put it, "...a tackle/guard/center." Wants the current offensive linemen around a long time, but he wants to have strong depth on the offensive line since a lot of the starters will be FAs next year.

On Joe Hawley. Wanted him to add depth at C and G position. Said that if McClure left at the end of the year, they are looking at him to be the guy moving forward if he devolops.. Not officially announcing him the "heir-appearent" however.

On Shann Schillinger. Said he's a free safety. Will have a shot to compete for a back-up safety spot, and is looking for him to contribute a lot of special teams.

Got the guys they had targeted going into the draft, and really loves their draft overall.

Edited by Radical Ace

Some other stuff.

Said he strongly looked at going back into the 2nd leading up to the draft, but no one wanted to really move out of the position. As the draft came closer, it got that much harder. Didn't really want to give away future picks though, and really wanted to have all his picks going into next year's draft. Said that as the draft started and went on, he didn't feel the need to move back up into the 2nd. Short version? Wanted a 2nd going in, no one wanted to budge, didn't want to give up future picks, and didn't want to move up once he saw what was available in the 2nd.

DE was in his mind going into the draft, but after the DEs he wanted were gone he didn't just go and draft a DE(s) for the sake of it. He didn't want to reach, draft someone who he didn't feel fit the organization, or pick some random/unknown guy.

He likes what he has in Biermann. I think it's safe to say that we will be seeing a lot more of Kroy in the future, and may just be our starting DE next year. He also believes Abraham still can be the guy at DE.

He believes that with the return of Jerry, having Babineaux, and the addition of Peters, that rotation along the DT position will provided a much needed strong interior pass rush that will ultimately help our DEs.

One of his focuses going into the draft was improving the pass rush, but he believes there is more to improving the pass rush than just drafting DEs.

He was somewhat surprised Tebow went in the 1st, but not surprised that Denver took him. Says Josh McD believes he can turn Tebow into a Pro QB.

On Everson Griffen. TD says Griffen was the most touted pure pass rusher in the draft. Says talent was not an issue, but hinted strongly that character was a major issue for him and many other teams.

On Myron Rolle. TD said all teams would love to have him on their team, but there were questions of how he would fit in position wise on a team. He went late simply because of a lack of talent.

On Dominique Franks. Looks at him quite a bit, and believes he was going to go early and was 2nd round talent. Many other teams believed he was 2nd round talent as well. Likes his speed and return skills. All around good player that is good for depth and will have a shot to compete at the CB position, which will have a lot of big battles. He strongly believes they have upgraded the CB position this off-season.

He wants strong depth, rotation, and versatility along the defensive line; hence the Corey Peters pick. Loves DTs who have lateral leverage, as well as the ability to shoot the gap and 1 gap penetrate. Thinks he's a smart football player who can generate TFLs.

On Mike Johnson. He's literally every position on the line. As TD put it, "...a tackle/guard/center." Wants the current offensive linemen around a long time, but he wants to have strong depth on the offensive line since a lot of the starters will be FAs next year.

On Joe Hawley. Wanted him to add depth at C and G position. Said that if McClure left at the end of the year, they are looking at him to be the guy moving forward if he devolops.. Not officially announcing him the "heir-appearent" however.

On Shann Schillinger. Said he's a free safety. Will have a shot to compete for a back-up safety spot, and is looking for him to contribute a lot of special teams.

Got the guys they had targeted going into the draft, and really loves their draft overall.

Preshiate the recap