JA98 seems to have made the team this year.

real_fan

I highly doubt he gets cut. While everyone can agree that he has tremendously under achieved for the #8 pick in a draft he has not been as bad as many make it out to be either. Smith continued to put him out with the #1 team last year. He was a starter. Was he pulled or moved inside on passing down and distance absolutely. The coaching staff obviously feel he contributed and had a place or he would not have seen the field. Also while many think we will release a DE and that JA should be it lets think of who actually did not see the field or was on it the least. Well Sid but he was a rookie and it was expected. So that leaves Davis if anyone gets cut I would think he would be odd man out seeing as he has produced the least for the longest. Bottom line though is that the majority of the fans have grown to hate JA and it was be in his best interest for the FO to move him to another team so we all can just move on. The horse is dead lets move on.

Aren't you the same guy as the Finn thread?

We added ANOTHER DT, so someone has to go. I wonder if anyone has a link to the snaps taken per defensive lineman. I'd imagine the lowest non-injury related snap player gets easily replaced.

Edit: main point- we will still cut down roster. I don't know how anyone in their right mind can make a decision on a fringe player following the draft. Might as well call the career of Ryan, because you have the exact same idea on what will happen with the roster as you do what will happen 10+ years from now.

Edited by sporkdevil

Aren't you the same guy as the Finn thread?

We added ANOTHER DT, so someone has to go. I wonder if anyone has a link to the snaps taken per defensive lineman. I'd imagine the lowest non-injury related snap player gets easily replaced.

Edit: main point- we will still cut down roster. I don't know how anyone in their right mind can make a decision on a fringe player following the draft. Might as well call the career of Ryan, because you have the exact same idea on what will happen with the roster as you do what will happen 10+ years from now.

trey lewis

trey lewis

I agree. The guy didnt do much and from what I recall our 7th rd pick Vance Walker played better than Lewis.

I'm perfectly fine with

Babs

Jerry

Johnson

Peters

Walker

and Jam playing some DT from time to time.

Honestly thats why I dont see Henderson becoming a Falcon. Johnson played well thruoghout the season and turned into a pretty productive player for the Falcons. He played in 13 games, started 10 and recorded 20 tackles 2 sacks and 1 forced fumble. I mean if Peria comes back and proves he is the DT we thought he would be, Johnson is a quality back up.