Raiders preparing to cut Russell

BlacksburgHokie

Russell is the bigger bust. He definitely busts more pant seams.

In all seriousness, what are the odds Russell gives any of that money back? I believe I read a "where is he now" story on Leaf and he had returned some of the money to the Chargers - but I could be wrong. I know for sure Russell GOT more $ than Leaf.

It would not surprise me if another reason (besides his fail at football) that Russell is being cut now is to become Exhibit A for rookie salary caps in the next CBA.

Bring 'em home McKay!!

Russell is set to become the biggest bust in history. Atlanta's own Andre Bruce was the previous biggest bust. Can we allow another team of have the honor of having the biggest bust? I say no. Sign Jarmarcus Russell so the Falcons can continue to have the biggest bust.

Guest Gritz

Bring 'em home McKay!!

Russell is set to become the biggest bust in history. Atlanta's own Andre Bruce was the previous biggest bust. Can we allow another team of have the honor of having the biggest bust? I say no. Sign Jarmarcus Russell so the Falcons can continue to have the biggest bust.

Ryan Leaf was a bigger bust than Aundray Bruce.......

The raiders are already stuck having to pay him another 2 million, its over 9 million if he stays to training camp and if he falls and hurts himself, instant 9 million. I can see why their trying to bum rush him out the door. He is going to be the poster child of the rookie cap. I did nothing and made 36 million. :P Sounds pretty smart when you think about it. :P

Edited by nativefalcon

Bring 'em home McKay!!

We gave Bruce to the Raiders BTW. ^_^

I don't see the Raiders paying him nine million to be a backup after all the money he took from them to play god awful as a starter, especially when they can pay him three million to move on. Maybe the Saints will take him since he has ties to the area? He should certainly give the organization some money back if Leaf did!

Russel is not as bad as Leaf. The numbers for Leaf are clearly worse. However if any team wants to sign Russell, they are crazy. The guy just doesn't work hard enough to have success in the NFL.

If you read any of the cr-ap Russell put the Raiders thru, I know their crazy. I'm surprised they put up with it. Because he had his uncle there as a go between and didn't practice at all like he was a STAR. When they went to training camp and pre-season he would be so overweight from eating hos hos and Cheetos, dude I bet was sweating gravy. :P

I'f i'm paying somebody over 9 million, they are NOT going to have a go between. I think Al learned how to re-write a contract after that. ;)Old phase your AZZ is mine. :P If your getting paid like that, its the way it should be.

Edited by nativefalcon

I would bring him in to camp for the league min. for a try out. I really believe the Raiders failed him and he didn't help. He's had 3 O-coord. with one being greg knapp. they made Jeff Garcia and future hall of famer Randy Moss look like scrubs. Aaron brook was a good (I said good not great) QB with the aints and got his career killed with the raiders. No Qb has been successful since Rich Gannon. They also had have 4 coaches in the last 4 year. Just my opinion and a differnt view.

I would bring him in to camp for the league min. for a try out. I really believe the Raiders failed him and he didn't help. He's had 3 O-coord. with one being greg knapp. they made Jeff Garcia and future hall of famer Randy Moss look like scrubs. Aaron brook was a good (I said good not great) QB with the aints and got his career killed with the raiders. No Qb has been successful since Rich Gannon. They also had have 4 coaches in the last 4 year. Just my opinion and a differnt view.

I definitely respect you coming in here and saying something different than everyone else. I also agree with you that the Raiders have ruined SEVERAL careers. However, I can't agree that the Raiders are fully responsible for Jamarcus. With players that have circumstances against them out of their control, the talented ones at least show flashes of greatness. Randy Moss, DMac, Louis Murphy, Kirk Morrison, all of these players showed something here and there that was impressive. I honestly can't remember anytime I was impressed with Russell's play. Of course I am impressed with his physical ability, the guy has a cannon for arm. Still, NEVER been impressed with his actual QB play.

The guy is terrible and hasn't shown anything going into his fourth year. He's fat, lazy, and can't get away from the buffet. I really want to say that he just needs a change of scenery but I'm not sure if going to New England or Indy for example is going to change those things. Sometimes you will have a guy that doesn't have all the physical tools but works extremely hard with what he has and he'll do amazing things. That guy can be coached into something great. A coach can't put things like desire, motivation, and a love for the game in a player. That has to come from him and this guy simply just doesn't have it. As much as I hope I am wrong I have no idea how this guy can resume a career in the NFL after he's released.

I definitely respect you coming in here and saying something different than everyone else. I also agree with you that the Raiders have ruined SEVERAL careers. However, I can't agree that the Raiders are fully responsible for Jamarcus. With players that have circumstances against them out of their control, the talented ones at least show flashes of greatness. Randy Moss, DMac, Louis Murphy, Kirk Morrison, all of these players showed something here and there that was impressive. I honestly can't remember anytime I was impressed with Russell's play. Of course I am impressed with his physical ability, the guy has a cannon for arm. Still, NEVER been impressed with his actual QB play.

The guy is terrible and hasn't shown anything going into his fourth year. He's fat, lazy, and can't get away from the buffet. I really want to say that he just needs a change of scenery but I'm not sure if going to New England or Indy for example is going to change those things. Sometimes you will have a guy that doesn't have all the physical tools but works extremely hard with what he has and he'll do amazing things. That guy can be coached into something great. A coach can't put things like desire, motivation, and a love for the game in a player. That has to come from him and this guy simply just doesn't have it. As much as I hope I am wrong I have no idea how this guy can resume a career in the NFL after he's released.

Very good points and I do believe it's a bit of both his unmotivation and the raider organization.