Politicians are stupid.....

JDaveG

Heard this on the news this morning. Nearly choked. What a moron.

Democrat: Arizona law like 'Nazi Germany'

A Colorado Democrat says Arizona is on its way to becoming a “police state” and its new immigration law is “reminiscent” of Nazi Germany.

“It is absolutely reminiscent of second class status of Jews in Germany prior to World War II when they had to have their papers with them at all times and were subject to routine inspections at the suspicion of being Jewish,” Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo), who is Jewish, told POLITICO.

“I fear that Arizona is headed for a police state and it really underscores the need for immigration reform at the federal level to fix our system,” he said.

Arizona’s new immigration law, signed last week by Gov. Jan Brewer ®, requires police officers to ask people for identification papers if they have “reasonable suspicion” to believe that someone is an undocumented immigrant. The law has sparked protests across the country and reignited a national debate over comprehensive immigration reform.

Polis was careful to point out he was not comparing the law to the Holocaust but rather to the period before the war when Jews were required to carry papers and identify themselves publicly.

“I think it’s a very fair comparison and I hope that we’re not headed on the same trajectory that Nazi Germany was,” Polis said. “But this was a very recent experience for Jewish Americans and Jews worldwide and it’s something that when we see similarities we start ringing alarm bells.”

Polis also said the politics underpinning the Arizona law would keep Jews firmly in the Democratic political camp.

“Many Jews have been uneasy with President Obama’s policy on Israel…but when they see scary policies, endorsed by mainstream Republicans, signed into law by mainstream Republicans, like this Arizona law, it means the only choice for Jewish voters is the Democratic Party,” he said.

Arizona Sen. John McCain ® has called the Arizona law a “step forward” and a “good tool,” though his office has said his statements do not represent an endorsement of the law. His position is a dramatic switch from 2007, when he was a key proponent of comprehensive immigration reform.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0410/36365.html#ixzz0mIXS3poZ

It's EXACTLY like Nazi Germany, what with the rounding up of Mexicans and putting them in death camps and such. Not to mention Arizona's plan for global domination.

Why must they carry everything to such a degree as to compare it to one of the most murderous regimes in history? Why not just say " I oppose this plan and give your reasons. As usual, I just say #### ILLEGALS. There is a way to come here legally, if you fail to do so, you should be arrested.

However, john McCain is also just as bad, playing politics.

Arizona Sen. John McCain has called the Arizona law a “step forward” and a “good tool,” though his office has said his statements do not represent an endorsement of the law."

So you can say you support it and later say you didn't endorse it?

Cowards.

Actually he is not that far fetched in his analogy. The Nazi's first started a propaganda campaign to demonize the Jews by making it seem as if all of the German's problems were rooted in jewish presence. It successfully demonized the Jews in the eyes of the German people so when the more sinister actions started (sanctions, relocation, etc.) it was not hard for the German people to ignore and even support.

In Arizona (rightly or wrongly)illegals (read Mexicans) have already been demonized as the main cause of many of the state's financial problems and now we are seeing legislation that is specifically targeting them.

Now that is where the similarities end. I agree I see no need to make the comparison to prove his point. It seems in very poor taste.

I guess he figures since people can continually try to compare Obama to Hitler then the card is already in play.

Actually he is not that far fetched in his analogy. The Nazi's first started a propaganda campaign to demonize the Jews by making it seem as if all of the German's problems were rooted in jewish presence. It successfully demonized the Jews in the eyes of the German people so when the more sinister actions started (sanctions, relocation, etc.) it was not hard for the German people to ignore and even support.

In Arizona (rightly or wrongly)illegals (read Mexicans) have already been demonized as the main cause of many of the state's financial problems and now we are seeing legislation that is specifically targeting them.

That's like saying it's not far fetched to say that Tom Selleck is a lot like Adolf Hitler because both of them have mustaches.

Now that is where the similarities end. I agree I see no need to make the comparison to prove his point. It seems in very poor taste.

I guess he figures since people can continually try to compare Obama to Hitler then the card is already in play.

Most criminals are demonized so I don't see this as a valid analogy. This is nothing more than law enforcement. If you aren't here legally then you'll be sent back to your own country, that simple. I guess if the Federal government would spend more time enforcing the powers actually given to it by the Constitution (protecting the borders) then this wouldn't be necessary...

There is a way to come here legally, if you fail to do so, you should be arrested.

Funny picture I found lately.

small_us_citizen.jpg

I'll say before hand that I haven't done the research to see if the above is true. If the above is the reality of it, then I wouldn't give a d*mn about following the legal system either. It's a question of a chance at happiness or living in misery. In my book, when it comes down to that, then the law ceases to matter. Not saying I endorse illegal immigration, but it's senseless to expect it to stop when legal immigration is more or less impossible.

I guess if the Federal government would spend more time enforcing the powers actually given to it by the Constitution (protecting the borders) then this wouldn't be necessary...

Illegal immigrants are a major market book for some people. A lot of very big people make a hefty chunk of change off the backs of ridiculously cheap labor. Find a way to get around those people in high up places fighting you at every turn, and you then run into the sheer scope and logistics of it. A simple 10 ft high wall from the Pacficic to the Gulf isn't going to cut it. It would require a ridiculous amount of military power and money to "lock" our borders down.

I'll say before hand that I haven't done the research to see if the above is true. If the above is the reality of it, then I wouldn't give a d*mn about following the legal system either. It's a question of a chance at happiness or living in misery. In my book, when it comes down to that, then the law ceases to matter. Not saying I endorse illegal immigration, but it's senseless to expect it to stop when legal immigration is more or less impossible.

Agree. We can continue trying to address the ideal world, or we can try to address the world we live in, where people put staying alive and being able to feed their families above abiding by laws.

Comparing people to Hitler didn't become a new thing; look at our last President. Regardless, it never makes it right.

Illegal immigrants are a major market book for some people. A lot of very big people make a hefty chunk of change off the backs of ridiculously cheap labor. Find a way to get around those people in high up places fighting you at every turn, and you then run into the sheer scope and logistics of it. A simple 10 ft high wall from the Pacficic to the Gulf isn't going to cut it. It would require a ridiculous amount of military power and money to "lock" our borders down.

I'd welcome that as I think we have far too many overseas bases as it is. Bring a lot of our military home and let them do what the Constitution provides for. Yeah, the pockets of the higher ups is a problem but that's a problem in government in general...

Most criminals are demonized so I don't see this as a valid analogy. This is nothing more than law enforcement. If you aren't here legally then you'll be sent back to your own country, that simple. I guess if the Federal government would spend more time enforcing the powers actually given to it by the Constitution (protecting the borders) then this wouldn't be necessary...

And if you are here legally, but look like you might not (i.e. you were born with brown skin), then you'll be subjected to increased police harrassment and might get arrested and detained if you forget to bring your identification with you to check the mail every day.

Agree. We can continue trying to address the ideal world, or we can try to address the world we live in, where people put staying alive and being able to feed their families above abiding by laws.

In the real world I live in there are actual laws. What is the point of having the laws in the first place if they are not going to be followed or enforced?

We can't expect people to abide by laws when their lives are at stake.

Again, why do WE have laws if they aren't going to be enforced? I'm not talking about THEIR perspective. If the law needs to go, then we need to make that happen. But, if it's still on the books, it should be enforced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er3HbuGOusw

I'm reading along, la le la, and then WHAMMO: Tom Selleck Hitler.

:lol::lol::lol:

Would that make Higgins Joseph Goebbels?

(I should stop. That's not funny.)

-------------------------

I have read that a few ranchers/farmers down near the border are being killed. That poor man, Robert Krentz (link) and his dog were brutally murdered by illegals on his own farm... after giving them water because they were dehydrated. :(

(DEFINITELY not funny)

1. Bring our troops home (from everywhere and stop policing the world).

2. Secure the borders (let's be honest, the Mexican border is where we need people).

3. Start ending the "War on Drugs" since we spend more money on it (surreptitiously through defense spending) than on food.

4. Legalize marijuana if and when the people vote yes (the majority of the U.S. citizens polled do not want it legalized).

Since this law was in large part promoted based on the killing of an Arizona rancher, I wonder if you are endorsing (or at the very least acknowledging as "normal" or "reality") vigilanteism?

Relativism is great until there are two sides that are free to ignore the law to preserve their lives. Then it becomes anarchy pretty quickly.

Since this law was in large part promoted based on the killing of an Arizona rancher, I wonder if you are endorsing (or at the very least acknowledging as "normal" or "reality") vigilanteism?

Relativism is great until there are two sides that are free to ignore the law to preserve their lives. Then it becomes anarchy pretty quickly.

No one had to kill a rancher to survive.