Colin Peek, Leroy, future TE's or just wishful thinking.

I wanted to see more from this guy so I just rewatched the senior bowl and this guy is impressive. I read on NFL.com what scouts think about this guy and it basically said since he doesnt have great speed and can stretch the field he will be a good number 2 blocking TE.

After watching him theres no doubt in my mind he will be our future number 2 TE. Since he wont be our big threat at TE we can use his blocking and then in the passing game he can find the open spots in zones and he has good hands.

So i'm excited about Peek and I think he wont be just an average TE but a very good number 2 guy But with that being said what does this mean about our future number 1 TE? It would be great if Leroy Banks turns out to be the next Shannon Sharpe. Shannon was drafted in the 7th rd and I have no clue if Leroy Banks would have been drafted but if there wasnt so many good players in this years draft he might have been drafted. I saw that he ran a 4.66 and a 4.71(hopefully its true) but if it is true and with the guy having a full year to learn from Tony and if we are lucky enough to have Tony stick around 2 years we might see this kid have 2 full years to develope, maybe TD has found a gem.

If Tony does infact retire after the 2010 season I doubt Leroy gets that time to develope if he hasnt shown enough to the coaches after his rookie season. We would probably draft or maybe even trade for another big time TE like we did for Tony

But then again there is a possibilty he doesnt even make the team, so it might be wishful thinking on my past but I hope not. I see Peek making the team and Banks and Palmer battling it out for a PS spot. I hope Banks wins the battle.

I think Peek could be a good TE but not so much LeRoy. A lot of people are mocking up depth charts and putting UDFAs into key roles on the team. Not any starters, but spots that would have an impact on the game and I think that's wishful thinking. I think Peek and the kicker out of Tarleton State that have ANY chance of making the team, let alone making an impact.

Peek I believe is already seen as close to an NFL level/caliber blocker. What hurt him was that he simply didn't play a lot of football. He had a solid sophomore season at GT but when Johnson took over, he realized the program was no longer a good fit for him. When he transferred within 1-A, he lost a year of eligibility. But he became a significant part of Alabama's offense his senior season.

So two years in two different systems really stunted his potential and production. But this was the TE I thought we should have been targeting all along in the mid rounds and the fact that we got him as a UDFA was a nice value. I think he has a very good shot to beat out Zinger as I think his receiving skills can eclipse Zinger's.

Peek I believe is already seen as close to an NFL level/caliber blocker. What hurt him was that he simply didn't play a lot of football. He had a solid sophomore season at GT but when Johnson took over, he realized the program was no longer a good fit for him. When he transferred within 1-A, he lost a year of eligibility. But he became a significant part of Alabama's offense his senior season.

So two years in two different systems really stunted his potential and production. But this was the TE I thought we should have been targeting all along in the mid rounds and the fact that we got him as a UDFA was a nice value. I think he has a very good shot to beat out Zinger as I think his receiving skills can eclipse Zinger's.

I actually think that Peek will be on the roster this year and wont be on the Practice Squad, I think he will beat out Zinger, based on the fact that he is a good blocker and played in a pro-style offense.

Don't sleep on Michael Palmer, he'll make the team. 1st Team All-ACC as a senior when Clemson got a head coach (Dabo Swinney) that understood how to use him, after primarily blocking for 3 years. Had Palmer played on the national championship team or with Swinney for 4 years (in a pro offense), this conversation may be different. Not the best video, but here's what I could find - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UAS1lXYSWY.

Peek is a **** of football player, no doubt. I wouldn't be surprised (with due respect for Zinger and Peele) if both we on the team in some form a year from now and contributing. Sorry, don't know much about Banks.

No what is hurting Peek is that he's slower than most OLineman.

I think Peek could be a good TE but not so much LeRoy. A lot of people are mocking up depth charts and putting UDFAs into key roles on the team. Not any starters, but spots that would have an impact on the game and I think that's wishful thinking. I think Peek and the kicker out of Tarleton State that have ANY chance of making the team, let alone making an impact.

Well I would agree with you but the draft was so deep this year, and while Leroy Banks might not have been drafted anyways, but this guy is truly an unknown guy.

But I do disagree with those 2 guys are the only 2 that have a chance at making this team, like I said this draft was very deep, and this team is about competition. I think you might be surprised at just how many of these UDFA's actuallty make teams this year.