William Moore

Fah_Q

Let me preface this by saying that I hope I'm absolutely wrong about this. But, I have a pretty good source to the Falcons front office, and that person told me that William Moore has been a big disappointment to everyone inside the organization. Obviously him being injured is disappointing, but I mean disappointing in the sense that he actually has a pretty lazy attitude and that his injuries can be directly correlated to his lack of proper conditioning. Specifically, this person told me that Les Snead was a huge advocate of Moore's and that he has accepted and taken the blame for this pick.

Like I said, I hope I'm absolutely wrong. And I hope that if this is true, he changes his ways (much like Roddy has done). I will say though, that this person told me we were interested in Dunta Robinson during the Eagles game last year along with many other things that have come to fruition.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gritz

Even if that is true having a jacked up former teammate like Weatherspoon in his face every day ought to light a fire under his butt.

I can remember a thread last year sometime where the poster ate at a restaurant in Marietta, and Moore's girlfriend was a waitress. The poster said that Moore's girlfriend talked like he was depressed here, and didn't wanna play football anymore. I have no clue if the OP was telling the truth, but it's something to think about. I guess it could be a bit depressing being injured, and as soon as you get healthy, you re-injure yourself. I think having Spoon here will be added motivation for Moore.

It was documented on the board last year during tc that Moore was slow at picking up the schemes. I think he may have been getting overwhelmed which for sure causes depression.

If Moore starts at any time this coming season, I don't look for it till at least half-way through the season. And I for sure don't like stating that.

But Coleman is no slouch either.

Let me preface this by saying that I hope I'm absolutely wrong about this. But, I have a pretty good source to the Falcons front office, and that person told me that William Moore has been a big disappointment to everyone inside the organization. Obviously him being injured is disappointing, but I mean disappointing in the sense that he actually has a pretty lazy attitude and that his injuries can be directly correlated to his lack of proper conditioning. Specifically, this person told me that Les Snead was a huge advocate of Moore's and that he has accepted and taken the blame for this pick.

Like I said, I hope I'm absolutely wrong. And I hope that if this is true, he changes his ways (much like Roddy has done). I will say though, that this person told me we were interested in Dunta Robinson during the Eagles game last year along with many other things that have come to fruition.

I just wrote about him, he does seems to be out of shape and lazy. I wonder what the issue maybe. I think you maybe right, he was very unprepared during training camp and it seem to led to his injury. I had mix feelings about him since he looked really lazy on tape. Spoon on tape got frustrated and didn't bring his all on some plays when teams schemed specifically for him. Moore just looked lazy even though the tools were there during his Sr. year. I don't know what to say, highly likely we failed with Moore.

He didn't seem lazy during the practices I watched last summer. When he wasn't on the field he was talking to his coaches on what he wasdoing wrong. Not to mention he was one of the last to leave the field. ( still doing drills )

He looked lost and out of shape. The lost part likely to do with the NFL being extremely tough for a rookie and out of shape from being lazy. This is a big business, your body is your tool.

Having Spoon here should be a big help. I'm typically an optimist, so I'd like to believe that with the physical gifts he has, he will turn into the player he is capable of becoming. We will know in due time. And I hate to be a downer on here, but everyone just seems to be already assuming Moore will come in this year and immediately be a huge impact.

Guest Gritz

And I hate to be a downer on here, but everyone just seems to be already assuming Moore will come in this year and immediately be a huge impact.

I'm on here a lot and quite frankly I haven't seen that. More realistically what I have seen from the great majority of posters is guarded optimism......More along the lines of "Moore could be really good, but he hasn't shown anything yet."

Let me preface this by saying that I hope I'm absolutely wrong about this. But, I have a pretty good source to the Falcons front office, and that person told me that William Moore has been a big disappointment to everyone inside the organization. Obviously him being injured is disappointing, but I mean disappointing in the sense that he actually has a pretty lazy attitude and that his injuries can be directly correlated to his lack of proper conditioning. Specifically, this person told me that Les Snead was a huge advocate of Moore's and that he has accepted and taken the blame for this pick.Like I said, I hope I'm absolutely wrong. And I hope that if this is true, he changes his ways (much like Roddy has done). I will say though, that this person told me we were interested in Dunta Robinson during the Eagles game last year along with many other things that have come to fruition.

Well hopefully your source is wrong. We need him to be good enough to take Coleman's job. It would greatly improve the team cause Coleman is a solid safety. Most solid Falcon safety I've seen in years. He was top 3 in tackles among NFL safeties in the last two years. At two different positions. Edited by FalconFanSince1970

Wow... This is news to me.... J.Mike said he has seen Moore at Flowery Branch threw out the season watching film.....He has been at OTA's and dude looks cut (not out of shape)... No homo.

IDK... He looked good on the field last year before the injury... We will see what happens... I'm looking for big things from William Moore this season

Guest Gritz

Well hopefully your source is wrong. We need him to be good enough to take Coleman's job. It would greatly improve the team cause Coleman is a solid safety. Most solid Falcon safety I've seen in years. He was top 3 in tackles among NFL safeties in the last two years. At two different positions.

I don't understand the constant ragging on Coleman myself. For a guy who was asked to play out of position last year I thought he performed reasonably well.

Wow... This is news to me.... J.Mike said he has seen Moore at Flowery Branch threw out the season watching film.....He has been at OTA's and dude looks cut (not out of shape)... No homo.

IDK... He looked good on the field last year before the injury... We will see what happens... I'm looking for big things from William Moore this season

I hope this is the case.

He looked lost and out of shape. The lost part likely to do with the NFL being extremely tough for a rookie and out of shape from being lazy. This is a big business, your body is your tool.

Did you say he looked out of shape?... He went from 230lbs in college to218lbs when he came to camp.... I remember TD saying how much in shape William Moore was.... I also remember reading he looked good (CBS rapidreport and on the radio) .

I know they did say that thety were working on his foot work.

Tim Lewis said he had William Moore rated high

link

“The safeties, you had the young fellow, DeCoud, he played fairly well,” Lewis said. “William Moore was injured. I liked him coming out of Missouri. I evaluated him very high just like I did with Christopher Owens. So we have youth and experience. You’ve got smaller, faster guys. You’re got bigger, stronger guys. It’s a good mix of people.”

We will see what happens tho.