Another Georgia walkon in trouble.

SacFalcFan

Backup offensive lineman Josh Parrish was booked into the Clarke County jail this afternoon on charges of possessing/making a fake ID and underage possession of alcohol...He was released on a $2,500 for the fake ID and $500 for the underage possession of alchohol....

why don't these guys drink some soda.

The real question is why a football player at a school like Georgia doesn't have friends that could get booze for him?

Why mess around with a fake?

Hes likely the guy responsible for getting the boos for the other players. Now, it looks like they'll have to find another player.

Coach Richt is going to lose his religion if these morons don't stop it.

:lol: When I first read this, for some reason I thought you said "mormons", so I got a good laugh to my morning. But this only made me realize I need another cup of coffee...

Edited by tjb

C'mon, now. I've been to Athens. I'm pretty sure these guys can find plenty of other stuff to do beside drinking.

have friends who went there and said there aint bleep to do there. thats what they said not me. The closest I've been to Athens is Commerce

The real question is why a football player at a school like Georgia doesn't have friends that could get booze for him?

Why mess around with a fake?

wow. encouraging illegal behavior, good job. The first time I drank alcohol was when I turned 21, never touch the stuff before and hardly drink in now.

wow. encouraging illegal behavior, good job. The first time I drank alcohol was when I turned 21, never touch the stuff before and hardly drink in now.

Let's not pretend. A whole lot of underage college kids drink. Stick your head in the sand if you like.

You would think that someone on the football team would have some groupies or some 21 year old friends that could take care of it for him rather than making a fake.

Let's not pretend. A whole lot of underage college kids drink. Stick your head in the sand if you like.

You would think that someone on the football team would have some groupies or some 21 year old friends that could take care of it for him rather than making a fake.

i respect underage players on a big time college football team that didn't drink and aint no way i'm gonna put my neck out for some little brat(had a kid ask me to buy him some miller light today, told him f off) that wants to suckle on a bud light. so you think I stick my head in the sand about underage drinking. I never wanted to do any illegal activities, call me a mommies boy or what ever I don't give a **** and you still sound like your encouraging this behavior.

Underage college drinking is something that happens on every campus throughout the country and it's something that will never go away. That is one reason I think it's ridiculous how in some towns you get arrested for an open container when in other college towns you don't. I know plenty of police officers personally who would have had them throw it away and gave them a lecture about underage drinking instead of an arrest especially if they aren't just drunk out of their minds. Anyways I think the 21 year old age limit for drinking is moronic anyways. I like how they have it in Canada.

Me personally I waited til I was 21 to drink, but I also know expecting these guys to not drink is just not being realistic. You just hope they make good decisions. Yeah when i was in school you had the guys old enough to buy beer get it for the group many times. That is a common thing which is why those fake ids which rarely work are just ridiculous.

i respect underage players on a big time college football team that didn't drink and aint no way i'm gonna put my neck out for some little brat(had a kid ask me to buy him some miller light today, told him f off) that wants to suckle on a bud light. so you think I stick my head in the sand about underage drinking. I never wanted to do any illegal activities, call me a mommies boy or what ever I don't give a **** and you still sound like your encouraging this behavior.

It's not a matter of respect. Deciding to drink or not is not something worthy of respect, it's just a personal decision like any other. However, if you can decide to go to war at 18 then you're old enough to have a drink. The only reason the legal drinking age is 21 in most (probably all) states is some antiquated federal law that refuses to give states highway money if their drinking age isn't 21 or greater.

I'm not encouraging anything. My point was that if you're going to drink before you're 21 at least don't be stupid about it. Presumably rolling into a grocery store/liquor store to stock up with your fake ID when there are plenty of people who can legally buy alcohol around qualifies as being stupid about it. One would think that there are less risky means for an athlete or any student for that matter at a big school to get alcohol. Most authority figures at UGA probably, candidly speaking, tell the kids they look out for the same thing. "If you're going to do it, don't be stupid about it." I know my RA told us that during orientation week freshman year of college. I'd imagine that he's not the only one that does...

For the record, as just some random 21+ person no, I wouldn't go buying liquor for some college kid that walked up to me and asked. However, if I'm a jr or senior and a friend of the kid or if the kid has older friends...they wouldn't care about it. Happens all the time.

Isn't the law in Canada like 16 or 17 Sac? A friend of mine is from Toronto and her sister came to visit a while back and wasn't too happy about being unable to get into bars here.

Edited by btrain5489