Sidbury and Biermann are our DE's for 2010

Stoic

Yeah, I will be the first one to say that we needed a DE. But looking at the roster, I don't think that we are too bad off. I mean, that's why we got KB and Sid in the first place. Let's just hold our collective breaths and hope that they will make an impact. That being said, I did think that Biermann had some breakout plays last season. Any thoughts on this situation?

Yeah, I will be the first one to say that we needed a DE. But looking at the roster, I don't think that we are too bad off. I mean, that's why we got KB and Sid in the first place. Let's just hold our collective breaths and hope that they will make an impact. That being said, I did think that Biermann had some breakout plays last season. Any thoughts on this situation?

I'm sure this is the reason we went LB in the first instead of DE. We had no depth at all at the LB position.

Abraham, Bierman, Sidbury, Davis( I actually think we will pick up one more veteran DE) I love our rotation

I'm feeling good about Biermann. Compare his stats to Kampman kampman

biermann

Biermann is actually far superior in his first two years than Kampman was. The reason i compare the two is because they are both undersized, scrappy type DEs. Hey if Kroy continues to double stats he'll get 10 sacks this year.

Sidbury to me has a chance to work in the rotataion. He looked raw last year, but definitely displayed quick twitch movement and athletic ability. Year two could see a dramatic rise in his contributions.

I think a lot of how our DEs as a whole will do will depend upon our ability to get penetration from the middle. If the DTs can pentrate the gaps (our if we get a big boy int he middle like Henderson) i think our DEs will produce.

I'm happier then the Giants probably are. They wanted Weatherspoon too, they don't have a MLB since they dumped Pierce. Bierman is in this 3rd year and the 3rd year was Kerneys and also Abes breakout years.(Abes was actually his 2nd year) All depends on the DTs. Henderson would help greatly. I think were good already, but Henderson would be like icing. We would have lots of depth. ;)

Edited by nativefalcon

I really don't think that we're bad off at all. Biermann played pretty well last year and with another offseason adding bulk and another camp to improve his fundamentals, I think he'll have his real breakout year this season opposite of Abe. Sidbury should get more snaps as well, probably in passing situations. Last year, it seemed that QB's were able to step up in the pocket whenever Abe, Biermann, etc. came around the end. If you tab up the QB pressures among 4-3 DE's ( http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=DE3&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1 ) we ranked with the third most. That tells me that we were really close to having more sacks. I think that with a healthy DT rotation getting more pressure in the middle so the QB's can't step up as much and with Biermann stepping up another level, we should see a drastic improvement in that catergory.

I'm happier then the Giants probably are. They wanted Weatherspoon too, they don't have a MLB since they dumped Pierce. Bierman is in this 3rd year and the 3rd year was Kerneys and also Abes breakout years.(Abes was actually his 2nd year) All depends on the DTs. Henderson would help greatly. I think were good already, but Henderson would be like icing. We would have lots of depth. ;)

I would love to see Bierman turn into Kerney. And i feel like that pick by the giants was just stupid, they needed a middle linebacker more than anything but yet they get a DE that will not even start, I mean Justun Tuck and Osi Umenyoira are the started and Mathias Kiwanuka backing them up. I just do not understand that pick

Kroy will definitely have a breakout yr., Sid should start showing his potential this season like Biermann did last yr, Abe will be a presence that has to be accounted for as always. There will be allot of improvement with our young DE and more sacks, pressures, knock downs, and throw aways, with a whole lot better secondary there will be some coverage sacks as well.

Why is it ordained that everytime you mention Biermann one must also bring up Sidbury. Beirmann has clearly been the better player and should be starting opposite Abe. He has 7 sacks in two years. JA98 has 2.5 in his career....end of discussion...start the Biermann.

Abe and Beirman will be the starting DEs. Only way Beimann doesn't make starter is if he gets hampered by injury in camp.

Sidbury will play more snaps on passing downs but has a long way to go in the running game before you see him starting.

I really don't think that we're bad off at all. Biermann played pretty well last year and with another offseason adding bulk and another camp to improve his fundamentals, I think he'll have his real breakout year this season opposite of Abe. Sidbury should get more snaps as well, probably in passing situations. Last year, it seemed that QB's were able to step up in the pocket whenever Abe, Biermann, etc. came around the end. If you tab up the QB pressures among 4-3 DE's ( http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=DE3&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1 ) we ranked with the third most. That tells me that we were really close to having more sacks. I think that with a healthy DT rotation getting more pressure in the middle so the QB's can't step up as much and with Biermann stepping up another level, we should see a drastic improvement in that catergory.

You know, the Raiders taking McClain probably cost us a change at Morgan.

The Giants would have taken McClain instead of JPP.

The Titans would have taken JPP instead of Morgan.

Morgan would have slipped to us at #19.

It would have been interesting to see what the Falcons did had Morgan been there.

Jerry and Peters will help the edge rushers tremendously. The additions of Robinson and Weatherspoon and the continued maturation of DeCoud and Owens will also result in coverage sacks. I'm very excited about the season already.

Excited as well. A healthy Peters, Jerry, Babs, Johnson rotation at DT along with Abe, Biermann, Sidbury, Davis and JA98 at DE.

Makes me very happy. You make a good point with the added Coverage, it will definitely improve the pass rush.

I'm very excited. Not to many people will agree with me on this but I do feel Kroys sacks will go up, I think he will get around 7 or 8 but I think the biggest improvement we will see from Kroy is his play against the run. I think he is about to show us he isnt working hard and geting better just to be a situational pass rusher, he is working hard and getting better to be an everydown DE. And I think he will prove that in 2010.

As for Sid, I expect to see the same thing from his as we did from Kroy, but I will say with the pure speed he has off the edge he has the potential to get more sacks in year 2 then Kroy did because Sid will be playing beside a deeper and better DT rotation then Kroy did.