Chuck Oliver on 680 AM says Logan Gray to transfer?

MattyIceonTap

Supposedly looking to graduate this summer and do the graduate school transfer thing. Will the last QB out of Athens please turn off the lights? Also how much better does Hutson Mason's situation look now than it did last summer? He's gone from can't get a BCS offer to second string in the SEC before he even hits campus.

chuck's a few days late with repeating that rumor.. this rumor started to be circulated on saturday.. he graduates this summer so he can go anywhere that doesn't offer the same degree he signs up for that uga does and he can still play out his 2 years. he is meeting with our coaches in a few days and will decide what to do then..

chuck's a few days late with repeating that rumor.. this rumor started to be circulated on saturday.. he graduates this summer so he can go anywhere that doesn't offer the same degree he signs up for that uga does and he can still play out his 2 years. he is meeting with our coaches in a few days and will decide what to do then..

You would think it makes more sense to stay now than it did before with Mett being gone. Unless he just doesn't feel like he's gotten a fair shake or something. Plus Chuck is the one who was certain Stafford was coming back for his senior season, so I guess a grain or two of salt would be appropriate.

Wow, if Gray did indeed transfer, we need to hire 2 armed guards to keep watch on Murray at all times.

I'd think Gray would be more apt to stick around since he is pretty much guaranteed 2nd string, and he is one injury away from being the starter. But, I don't know all the circumstances involved in the situation. I'm just hoping that Mason is still preparing as hard as he was...

No amount of work will prepare Mason to come in and start games in the fall if Murray goes down and Logan transferred. That would be a pure, unmitigated disaster. I would rather eat glass than watch that happen.

We're already dangerously thin at QB. Losing Gray would be very, very bad news.

Wow, if Gray did indeed transfer, we need to hire 2 armed guards to keep watch on Murray at all times.

I'd think Gray would be more apt to stick around since he is pretty much guaranteed 2nd string, and he is one injury away from being the starter. But, I don't know all the circumstances involved in the situation. I'm just hoping that Mason is still preparing as hard as he was...

No amount of work will prepare Mason to come in and start games in the fall if Murray goes down and Logan transferred. That would be a pure, unmitigated disaster. I would rather eat glass than watch that happen.

Don't get me wrong, the last thing I want is for Mason to have to go in there. I'm just saying, from everything I've read he's been training and working out hard to prepare, I just want him to keep it up in case. Ideally, the only time we see him in there is for mop-up duty at the end of a game...

Definitely a scary thought to only have 2 scholarships QB's on the roster. Very scary.

Don't get me wrong, the last thing I want is for Mason to have to go in there. I'm just saying, from everything I've read he's been training and working out hard to prepare, I just want him to keep it up in case. Ideally, the only time we see him in there is for mop-up duty at the end of a game...

Definitely a scary thought to only have 2 scholarships QB's on the roster. Very scary.

it is scary.. miami had the same situation last year. they were pretty fortunate.

I see what you mean. And you're right -- Mason's work is a good sign. Even Stafford had a brutal year starting as a true frosh. It's just really hard to make that transition.

I really hope the coaching staff can keep Logan on board.

A red-shirt freshman as a starter, a true freshman as a backup, and most likely a walk-on dressing as your third string.

I think that Richt may be running the ball more this season than Vince Dooley ever did.

i see some wilddawg was all.. lol we are in horrible shape with depth right now.

Christian LeMay is probably salivating right now :) and I do have high hopes for Hutson Mason - we'll just have to get him more involved soon.

Sorry guys- just trying to see the positive side of things. Reminds me of the David Green and Cory Philips days.

Now for the other side- I would have thought that we would use Logan in a hybrid QB/WR role, sort of like Auburn used Kody Burns, maybe for 4-5 plays in a game. If this has not been discussed, it is a lack of creative thinking on our part (which I'm afraid we have shown a lot), in which case Logan should be rightfully unhappy. Or the coaches have NO confidence in him, which means his departure does not matter anyway.

Edited by Dawgy

Christian LeMay is probably salivating right now :) and I do have high hopes for Hutson Mason - we'll just have to get him more involved soon.

Sorry guys- just trying to see the positive side of things. Reminds me of the David Green and Cory Philips days.

Now for the other side- I would have thought that we would use Logan in a hybrid QB/WR role, sort of like Auburn used Kody Burns, maybe for 4-5 plays in a game. If this has not been discussed, it is a lack of creative thinking on our part (which I'm afraid we have shown a lot), in which case Logan should be rightfully unhappy. Or the coaches have NO confidence in him, which means his departure does not matter anyway.

Logan gray would be a wr if mett was still on this team.. he just isn't an sec calibur qb.. it reminds me more of when quincey carter got the starting job and we had 4 qbs transfer. we were real thin then as well. i hate losing what depth logan gives us in case of injury, but many teams would be screwed if they lost their starting qb.

btw i heard he was also supposed to be meet with bobo in a few days, but can't now because he is on the road..

sac, I know this is not on the same topic, but I just listened to the 960 the ref uga sports show thing and the guy from uga sports rivals site said that "UGA has 0 chance of getting Vaughters." He went on to say that stanford is looking good and that his parents want him to go to Ohio State. Know any thing?

sac, I know this is not on the same topic, but I just listened to the 960 the ref uga sports show thing and the guy from uga sports rivals site said that "UGA has 0 chance of getting Vaughters." He went on to say that stanford is looking good and that his parents want him to go to Ohio State. Know any thing?

yep i know radi. right now james has a final 8 and most believe it's between ohio state and stanford.. i don't agree with his percentages.. he is heading out to uga in a few weeks for another visit.

I wouldn't worry too much about depth. I mean really--if Murray were to get hurt do you really think you'd win much with Gray as QB? While it's nice to have someone be able to fill in for a game or two, anything more than that pretty much means a shot season...

so

when will murry be aressted for drinking. its popular with the walkon right now.

just being devils advocate no need to get angry, girlie man.

If I'm going to be angry about anything it will be the fact that I spent 45 seconds of my life that I'll never get back scrolling down to figure out where that was going. :lol:

And I think underage drinking is probably popular with a lot of people who aren't college football walkons. Athens happens to be a very easy place to get pinched for it. I think that means that our players aren't worse people than other teams' players. They're just more stupid for knowing that they'll probably get caught and drinking in public anyway.

Any chance we use Rambo or Marc Deas as emergency backup?

I wouldn't worry too much about depth. I mean really--if Murray were to get hurt do you really think you'd win much with Gray as QB? While it's nice to have someone be able to fill in for a game or two, anything more than that pretty much means a shot season...

Well said from a UF fan :P

We are in no better or worse shape than most teams. Not many teams have 2 well experienced, prepared QB's on their rosters.

Agreed