CBS on Corey Peters

NFC SOUTH

Atlanta Falcons

First pick: Sean Weatherspoon

The Falcons had needs in the defensive line and at outside linebacker and did the right thing; they took the best player on the board, Weatherspoon. He is an instinct player who could play inside or outside linebacker. He has the athletic ability to cover and be a three-down linebacker. He actually had an off year and played better in 2008.

The pick I will follow most: Corey Peters

The third-round pick from Kentucky was not rated that high in the fall but seemed to rise. He has good quickness to go along with his size. I never looked at him because he was initially ranked as a later-round prospect, so I want to see what other people saw in him to put him in the third round. I made some calls to people I respect in the NFL and they liked him. This was an "under the radar" prospect.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/13298477/nfc-draft-rating-top-picks-intriguing-players-to-follow/rss

I like Casserly and that's mostly because he likes the Falcons.

Honestly, he gives a straight answers.

I agree I think that Casserly really likes our GM TD, hence why he is intrigued by the Peters pick and does not indicate it as a reach because he knows TD track record speaks for itself, especially when the "Draft Experts critized him for taking Mario Williams over REggie Bush.

I think we got the right player considering the players who were gone. If I had one question in my mind about a player that we may wish latter that we should have taken would be DE Hughes. But Spoon can do so much more by playing any LBer position and also rush the QB in certain situations. So bottom line , I think we took the best and also in my mind , one of the safest and for sure picks in the first round.

Casserly was bash to shreds for awhile for taking Mario over Bush. Ever since that 1st year. Mario has made Casserly look great and knew what he was doing. He also saw the red flags on DeAngelo Hall that year. He said as well as other GMs. They would have taken Dunta over DeAngelo everytime. I guess the only one who didn't get the msg was Rich.

I think we got the right player considering the players who were gone. If I had one question in my mind about a player that we may wish latter that we should have taken would be DE Hughes. But Spoon can do so much more by playing any LBer position and also rush the QB in certain situations. So bottom line , I think we took the best and also in my mind , one of the safest and for sure picks in the first round.

Draftnut, suprised you did not say anything about Everson Griffen......what was going on with him? why did he drop to the top of the 4th? why weren't Falcons interested?