Are any of you an ESPN insider?

BigL77

Nothing as of yet in the rumors section. Last story is about the Panties' QB situation.

Here is the latest on ESPN about Henderson

linkerage

Updated: April 26, 2010, 8:58 AM ET

Source: Jaguars to cut DT HendersonEmail Print Comments 28Share retweet By Adam Schefter

ESPN

After using their top two picks on defensive tackles, the Jacksonville Jaguars are saying goodbye to the best one the franchise has known.

Jacksonville will release former Pro Bowl defensive tackle John Henderson on Monday, according to a source close to the situation.

Henderson had two years and $11 million remaining on his contract, and Jacksonville felt more comfortable not paying it and relying on its rookies.

With the 10th overall pick, the Jaguars selected California defensive tackle Tyson Alualu and with their second pick, Jacksonville took Louisiana Tech defensive tackle D'Anthony Smith in the third round.

Henderson will be free to sign with any team.

Before the weekend, the Cleveland Browns and New York Giants had expressed some interest.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

I take that back. I just found the story buried in the rumors section. No mention of the birds.

DudefromZelda

Multiple teams bidding on Henderson

8:48 AM ETJohn Henderson | Jaguars | Interested: Browns?, Titans?, Giants?

For the first time since he was drafted into the NFL in 2002, veteran DT John Henderson will be playing for a team other than the Jacksonville Jaguars. Following their decision to draft two DTs with their first two picks -- a move that has been questioned by many instant analysis pundits -- Henderson became the odd man out, and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported Monday morning that the team cut the 31-year-old.

Previously, Schefter reported that the Jags were shopping Henderson to the New York Giants and Cleveland Browns, and those teams might take a sniff now that he's an unrestricted free agent. Another speculative possibility is the Tennessee Titans, who've made upgrading their defensive front a priority this offseason.

I take that back. I just found the story buried in the rumors section. No mention of the birds.

DudefromZelda

Multiple teams bidding on Henderson

8:48 AM ETJohn Henderson | Jaguars | Interested: Browns?, Titans?, Giants?

For the first time since he was drafted into the NFL in 2002, veteran DT John Henderson will be playing for a team other than the Jacksonville Jaguars. Following their decision to draft two DTs with their first two picks -- a move that has been questioned by many instant analysis pundits -- Henderson became the odd man out, and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported Monday morning that the team cut the 31-year-old.

Previously, Schefter reported that the Jags were shopping Henderson to the New York Giants and Cleveland Browns, and those teams might take a sniff now that he's an unrestricted free agent. Another speculative possibility is the Tennessee Titans, who've made upgrading their defensive front a priority this offseason.

Thanks.. I know he's getting up there in age but I still think he can add som value to our Def.. but M. Smith knowa him better than anyone so I guess we'll see what happens