The Brian Finneran appreciated Thread

real_fan

Technically, Kerry Meier was drafted as a wide receiver by the Atlanta Falcons with a compensatory pick at the end of the fifth round. Realistically, Meier is a flat-out football player. He started off his career as a quarterback at Kansas and had some early success. But an injury cost him his starting job and he moved to wide receiver in 2007. All Meier did was go out and set a school record for career receptions. He played all three receiver positions, got some work as a fullback and H-back, served as the holder on place kicks and even still got some time as a backup quarterback. If Meier sounds a bit like Brian Finneran, he should. Finneran’s done a little bit of everything for the Falcons throughout his career. With Finneran getting older, Meier has the potential to help the Falcons in a lot of different areas.

Thanks Brian, I forgive you for the drop of Michael Vick's pass in Green Bay.

Technically, Kerry Meier was drafted as a wide receiver by the Atlanta Falcons with a compensatory pick at the end of the fifth round. Realistically, Meier is a flat-out football player. He started off his career as a quarterback at Kansas and had some early success. But an injury cost him his starting job and he moved to wide receiver in 2007. All Meier did was go out and set a school record for career receptions. He played all three receiver positions, got some work as a fullback and H-back, served as the holder on place kicks and even still got some time as a backup quarterback. If Meier sounds a bit like Brian Finneran, he should. Finneran’s done a little bit of everything for the Falcons throughout his career. With Finneran getting older, Meier has the potential to help the Falcons in a lot of different areas.

Thanks Brian, I forgive you for the drop of Michael Vick's pass in Green Bay.

Co-Sign. Hope Brian Stays Within The Falcons Organization.

Co-Sign. Hope Brian Stays Within The Falcons Organization.

I do too. I can't see him making the team with 3 knee injuries in the past 3 years and his age. He's already been a really good player-coach, and a fantastic team mate. He's the kind of guy who I think could be a very very good position coach. I'd love to see him stay on as an assistant.

WTF? How you gonna have an appreciation thread while he is still our player? -1 OP, for terrible form. What a disgusting post. I hope you get banned.

Meier could replace... oh, I dunno, maybe, Booker. Meier doesn't have the size for the 3rd down/goal line threat Finn has.

You are seriously worse than the Carolina fans right now.

Dear Brian Finneran,

Thank you for your years of Service to the Falcons.

You played your best years with a QB named YKW who could not

make a down field read., and you never complained.

As fans, it is to our disapointment that your knees have blown out

along the same time that we have a very good QB.

Had you played for just about any other team you career would

have posted much stronger numbers, but that is not the way it played out.

But still, you never complained and did every thing that you were asked to do.

You are the epitome of Professional and to that you will Always Be our Number 1.

Man, I came in here thinking Brian had made some kind of announcement.

I wouldn't count Brian out at all. He can stay healthy he's a great possession receiver (not sure why Jenkins can't catch on) and has always been good on special teams. I feel confident he'll be a member of this squad this season.

I Think its a pretty safe bet that Finn will be a Falcon for yrs to come, and lets hope if this is his last season on the Field for us we send him off in style....

which falls directly on the shoulders of J Abraham :unsure:

sorry had to throw that in there lol

Dear Brian Finneran,

Thank you for your years of Service to the Falcons.

You played your best years with a QB named YKW who could not

make a down field read., and you never complained.

As fans, it is to our disapointment that your knees have blown out

along the same time that we have a very good QB.

Had you played for just about any other team you career would

have posted much stronger numbers, but that is not the way it played out.

But still, you never complained and did every thing that you were asked to do.

You are the epitome of Professional and to that you will Always Be our Number 1.

He's still on the roster. OP is assuming he won't make it. Finn is a top notch guy, and I'm not going to assume he will lose out to anyone.

Personally, I don't think that it's all over just yet. But if it does end as we get closer to the season, it's been great man. He actually used to be my favorite Falcon. He was one of the guys I LOVED as a young Falcon fan. I wouldn't mind seeing him work for ESPN. I think he is perfect, a guy that was never great but definitely was in the game for a very long time. Look at Dilfer. Either want him to remain in the Falcons organization, or with ESPN.

Finni is my favorite Falcon and I certainly don't want him leaving the field but I realize he's getting up there in age and his playing time isn't increasing anytime soon. I'm fine with the new kid taking his spot eventually since I think he's going to work out well for us but it would be sweet to keep Finni in the Falcon family.

Finn's days aren't over yet, when they are tho I havta agree with Rugger I think he would be a great position coach, or as FHF said he would be good in radio or TV. Finn got broadcast experience with 680 The fan while he was rehabbing a couple years ago.

Finn's days aren't over yet, when they are tho I havta agree with Rugger I think he would be a great position coach, or as FHF said he would be good in radio or TV. Finn got broadcast experience with 680 The fan while he was rehabbing a couple years ago.

Dude's already working on his transition. He's my orthopedist:

lamberson_lab_coat1-20070906-135051-20080113-174004.jpg

BrianFinneran.jpg

Edited by rsa linkster