so the shawts were out today.

We have this little community festival this time every year to raise money for the fire dept. They usually have music and great food and it's walking distance from the house, or I can sit on the front porch and listen to the bands.This year they have some country band that I do not know, but they sounded Okay, and they have some former American Idol guy I have also never heard of.

So I walk down to bet me some eats and homemade ice cream.The girlies were in full bloom today, guys. It was cloudy but warm and it was ###tastic. I didn't have any crafts for sale, but I did pitch a tent. :P

I just realized you said "crafts".

What else do you do besides paint?

Oh I mostly just paint. I'm pretty creative at other things, like recycling stuff and making it into something cool, but I mostly just do that stuff for me. But I have had people bring me stuff, like sawblades,furniture etc and wanted me to paint something on them and I obliged.

And I used to put models together for people, but it's so time consuming I don't do that so much anymore. I enjoy it more if they want to make something look battle damaged or rusted out instead of wanting it to look showroom. And I also used to make bases for models, you know like people make all these landscapes for train tracks and such, only I did it on a smaller scale. I have a Velociraptor model and base I am working on right now for a project for my niece I may take pics of but it's unfinished by a ways.And I used to paint these warhammer models and sell them on Ebay, but again it's so time consuming I had to stop.

Something I wish I had talent in is woodcarving.

I saw some beautiful doors at one Arts Festival.

This guy had carved a tree on one that ran the length of the door from top to bottom with the branches going across the door.

The carvings were in deep bas relief so they were 3-dimensional.

Another one was an art nouveau abstract pattern with flowers.

Just beautiful.

Edited by rounz

This guy had carved a tree on one that ran the length of the door from top to bottom with the branches going across the door.

Just beautiful.

Are you a dude?

Just beautiful.

Most everyone in my family does something, at least my brothers do. Wood carving, stained glass, building stuff with wood.ANother brother paints like me. I keep telling them we all need to open up a business together but it just never happens.

It's weird, our dad was master carpenter, and all my brothers can build anything. I'm lucky if I can stick a mailbox post in the ground.

Super fan posted some doors on here once that he carved.great work.

Most everyone in my family does something, at least my brothers do. Wood carving, stained glass, building stuff with wood.ANother brother paints like me. I keep telling them we all need to open up a business together but it just never happens.

It's weird, our dad was master carpenter, and all my brothers can build anything. I'm lucky if I can stick a mailbox post in the ground.

Super fan posted some doors on here once that he carved.great work.

Sounds like you're from a talented family.

Were you all encouraged to be artistic or it just happened?

As to Supes, I didn't know he had that talent too.

I'll see if I can get him to post some pics of them.

Sounds like you're from a talented family.

Were you all encouraged to be artistic or it just happened?

As to Supes, I didn't know he had that talent too.

I'll see if I can get him to post some pics of them.

I don't know where we got it from, I guess we all persued it on our own . But I do remember my mama always kept me quiet by giving me a pile of paper and some markers. :P

My mama says my grandma could play any stringed instrument she picked up. She died when I was pretty young so I never knew of it but MAN I would have liked to.