Pete Prisco's draft grades

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Prisco obviously knows nothing about the Saints situation

1)Jenkins will more than likely be our FS now

2)our nickel back plays as much or more than our SLB in our defense

3)Williams builds from the back forward. FS, SS, CB, and MLB are his biggest priorities and without Sharper both FS and CB were at risk

4)Robinson was BPA. The Saints were criticized for taking both Deuce and Will Smith for the same reason

I agree that Graham and Woods were risky tho

I think Graham is going to develop into a great TE, he has all the skills he just needs the coaching. I'm somewhat of a LSU fan, and Al Woods was a huge disappointment while he was at LSU. IDK, maybe he'll be one of those guys who translate better to the NFL.

Sorry JB, but draft grades are like Aa-holes, we all have them.

Here is another respected analysis done by a guy named Rick Gosselin, who knows a thing or two about Pro Football.

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS GRADE: C

The Bucs had the best seventh round with two special teams demons in Grimm and Watson and a potential steal in Lorig if he can shake a lingering groin injury. Lorig, McCoy and Price could comprise a dominating front.

1 (3) Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma 6 (172) Brent Bowden P Va. Tech

2 (35) Brian Price DT UCLA 7 (210) Cody Grimm DB Va. Tech

2 (39) Arrelious Benn WR Illinois 7 (217) Dekoda Watson LB Florida St.

3 (67) Myron Lewis DB Vanderbilt 7 (253) Eric Lorig DE Stanford

4 (101) Mike Williams WR Syracuse

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GRADE: A

Graham could be the home run of this draft. He played football only one season in college and has a huge upside. Robinson, Brown and Woods were multiyear starters for perennial bowl teams. Tennant could be a 10-year starter.

1 (32) Patrick Robinson DB Florida St. 4 (123) Al Woods DT LSU

2 (64) Charles Brown OT USC 5 (158) Matt Tennant C Boston College

3 (95) Jimmy Graham TE Miami 7 (239) Sean Canfield QB Oregon St.

CAROLINA PANTHERS GRADE: C

The Panthers did quite well considering they didn't have a first-rounder. A team with quarterback problems no longer has any with the arrivals of Clausen and Pike. Carolina had the best sixth round of this draft.

2 (48) Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame 6 (198) David Gettis WR Baylor

3 (78) Brandon LaFell WR LSU 6 (202) Jordan Pugh DB Texas A&M

3 (89) Armanti Edwards WR Appalach. St. 6 (204) Tony Pike QB Cincinnati

4 (124) Eric Norwood DE S. Carolina 7 (223) R.J. Stanford DB Utah

6 (175) Greg Hardy DE Mississippi 7 (249) Robert McClain DB Connecticut

ATLANTA FALCONS GRADE: C

The Falcons started fast with Weatherspoon and Peters for the defense but finished slow. Franks provides some depth in coverage, but Hawley and Johnson were reaches to fill needs on the offensive front.

1 (19) Sean Weatherspoon LB Missouri 5 (135) Dominque Franks DB Oklahoma

3 (83) Corey Peters DT Kentucky 5 (165) Kerry Meier WR Kansas

3 (98) Mike Johnson G Alabama 6 (171) Shann Schillinger DB Montana

4 (117) Joe Hawley C UNLV

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Sorry JB, but draft grades are like Aa-holes, we all have them.

Here is another respected analysis done by a guy named Rick Gosselin, who knows a thing or two about Pro Football.

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS GRADE: C

The Bucs had the best seventh round with two special teams demons in Grimm and Watson and a potential steal in Lorig if he can shake a lingering groin injury. Lorig, McCoy and Price could comprise a dominating front.

1 (3) Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma 6 (172) Brent Bowden P Va. Tech

2 (35) Brian Price DT UCLA 7 (210) Cody Grimm DB Va. Tech

2 (39) Arrelious Benn WR Illinois 7 (217) Dekoda Watson LB Florida St.

3 (67) Myron Lewis DB Vanderbilt 7 (253) Eric Lorig DE Stanford

4 (101) Mike Williams WR Syracuse

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GRADE: A

Graham could be the home run of this draft. He played football only one season in college and has a huge upside. Robinson, Brown and Woods were multiyear starters for perennial bowl teams. Tennant could be a 10-year starter.

1 (32) Patrick Robinson DB Florida St. 4 (123) Al Woods DT LSU

2 (64) Charles Brown OT USC 5 (158) Matt Tennant C Boston College

3 (95) Jimmy Graham TE Miami 7 (239) Sean Canfield QB Oregon St.

CAROLINA PANTHERS GRADE: C

The Panthers did quite well considering they didn't have a first-rounder. A team with quarterback problems no longer has any with the arrivals of Clausen and Pike. Carolina had the best sixth round of this draft.

2 (48) Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame 6 (198) David Gettis WR Baylor

3 (78) Brandon LaFell WR LSU 6 (202) Jordan Pugh DB Texas A&M

3 (89) Armanti Edwards WR Appalach. St. 6 (204) Tony Pike QB Cincinnati

4 (124) Eric Norwood DE S. Carolina 7 (223) R.J. Stanford DB Utah

6 (175) Greg Hardy DE Mississippi 7 (249) Robert McClain DB Connecticut

ATLANTA FALCONS GRADE: C

The Falcons started fast with Weatherspoon and Peters for the defense but finished slow. Franks provides some depth in coverage, but Hawley and Johnson were reaches to fill needs on the offensive front.

1 (19) Sean Weatherspoon LB Missouri 5 (135) Dominque Franks DB Oklahoma

3 (83) Corey Peters DT Kentucky 5 (165) Kerry Meier WR Kansas

3 (98) Mike Johnson G Alabama 6 (171) Shann Schillinger DB Montana

4 (117) Joe Hawley C UNLV

Knows a thing or two? Hardly! He gives the BUCS a C and the Saints an A??????????

The guy OBVIOUSLY needs to be drug tested!:lol:

I KNEW you turkeys would HAVE to try and turn this into a Saints SUCKFEST! Thanks for proving me correct.........once again!:lol::lol:

Edited by jb aka johnnybuc

Knows a thing or two? Hardly! He gives the BUCS a C and the Saints an A??????????

The guy OBVIOUSLY needs to be drug tested!:lol:

I KNEW you turkeys would HAVE to try and turn this into a Saints SUCKFEST! Thanks for proving me correct.........once again!:lol::lol:

"you guys"?

i said that the Saints took a risk on two of their picks and nola only commented on two picks, one of which he labeled a disappointment

you fail

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

FWIW, Gosselin is one of the more respected draft experts around.

OF COURSE he is...............He gave the Saints who drafted at the end of each round an A and the BUCS who drafted at the beginning of each round a C. He obviously thinks BUCS management is as clueless as Saints fans here are.:lol:

I see his point. The BUCS really reached with drafting McCoy (only the highest graded player in the draft) and Price, Benn, Lewis and Williams were ALL reaches.:rolleyes:

You all canNOT let anything here get by without trying to make it all about how great the Saints are....................................You're freakin' PATHETIC!

OF COURSE he is...............He gave the Saints who drafted at the end of each round an A and the BUCS who drafted at the beginning of each round a C. He obviously thinks BUCS management is as clueless as Saints fans here are.:lol:

I see his point. The BUCS really reached with drafting McCoy (only the highest graded player in the draft) and Price, Benn, Lewis and Williams were ALL reaches.:rolleyes:

You all canNOT let anything here get by without trying to make it all about how great the Saints are....................................You're freakin' PATHETIC!

funny how you like to make blanket statements about Saints fans and yet can't seem to ever give a decent comment on my posts that prove you wrong

you cry more than a French soccer player about the couple of severely homer fans and completely ignore the people looking to actually talk football. A homer is going to be a homer...nobody is going to change that but you actually prefer to be a troll than to honestly talk football

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

"you guys"?

i said that the Saints took a risk on two of their picks and nola only commented on two picks, one of which he labeled a disappointment

you fail

Dago, I figure you KNOW you're not included with the HOMERS here like nola33 that can't see anything really negative about your team while seeing nothing positive about any other team in the NFC South, especially the BUCS.

If you feel like I dissed you, I'll try and be more definitive with my criticism.;)

Dago, I figure you KNOW you're not included with the HOMERS here like nola33 that can't see anything really negative about your team while seeing nothing positive about any other team in the NFC South, especially the BUCS.

If you feel like I dissed you, I'll try and be more definitive with my criticism.;)

I appreciate that :lol:

do me a favor and try to give an equal 50/50 of trolling and football talk. It's getting boring in here and its going to be a long offseason

Google Rick Gosselin and this is the first thing to come up:

That said, one of the few national media types who is respected by teams is Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News.

Oh, and +1 Dago. JB will post all articles good talking the Bucs, GOD FORBID an actual respected draft expert says something different than Prisco.

Edited by nolafan33

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

funny how you like to make blanket statements about Saints fans and yet can't seem to ever give a decent comment on my posts that prove you wrong

you cry more than a French soccer player about the couple of severely homer fans and completely ignore the people looking to actually talk football. A homer is going to be a homer...nobody is going to change that but you actually prefer to be a troll than to honestly talk football

Now, that's a bunch of B.S. and you KNOW IT! Every time I try and talk football here (and it's usually going to be geared toward the BUCS) nola comes on with his homer bullspit and it has gotten extremely old! I'm as objective as anyone here when it comes to our respective teams. If you wanna jump on the homer bandwagon, so be it.

We'll just spend the rest of the off season arguing rather than rationally talking about the NFC South.

Now, that's a bunch of B.S. and you KNOW IT! Every time I try and talk football here (and it's usually going to be geared toward the BUCS) nola comes on with his homer bullspit and it has gotten extremely old! I'm as objective as anyone here when it comes to our respective teams. If you wanna jump on the homer bandwagon, so be it.

We'll just spend the rest of the off season arguing rather than rationally talking about the NFC South.

what did he do in this thread besides call Woods and disappointment? :blink:

Google Rick Gosselin and this is the first thing to come up:

Oh, and +1 Dago. JB will post all articles good talking the Bucs, GOD FORBID an actual respected draft expert says something different than Prisco.

I disagree with Gosslein too. No way was that draft a C. It was solid at the top and at the bottom. I am not sure about their WRs, but other than that it's great

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

jb is objective... because he posts articles about the BUCS (<-----always capitalized) :lol::rolleyes:

I suppose you believe that ONLY saints articles belong here?:rolleyes:

i personally think the bucs had the best draft in the south(not sure why they dt with first 2 picks)but i dont think ant south team had a "bad" draft,but we wont know for sure for a few more years...atl picked some players ive never heard of before,but after reading up on them,im not upset about the picks

I suppose you believe that ONLY saints articles belong here?:rolleyes:

That's a problem that exists only in your (cloudy) mind, jb. I guess you're just mad that more people aren't talking about how awesome the BUCS are? It might be that they just aren't all that worthy of discussion lately. Don't worry, we haven't forgotten how great their defense was in the years leading up to their thrilling championship, but it might help for you to accept that those days are behind them.

:)