What is the ONE piece this team needs

thanat0s

So, let's say, for sake of argument this team is one player from being dominant and a true SB contender. What position would it be and who would you suggest we go after, assuming they are more than likely available for trade?

I think we have a serious need at WR, but I'm not willing to say that's the 'one player' we need to get over the top. IMO, we still need to get a proven pass rusher opposite Abe. That's why I would go get Shawne Merriman. Word has been that he's available. I'm not sure what it would take to get him, but I think that he would take our defense to the next level, from adequate to feared. Thoughts?

Team Needs...still after the draft

1) Pass Rusher...this team needs to find a replacement for Abraham soon cause come next year we cant be looked upon as a serious team with the likes of Bierman and Sidbury as starers when they are still in development

2)WR ..now I dont give Michael Jenkins a bad name around here like most of the posters here do I actually think he is fine for being a 3rd option on the team but a upgrade at the position could be needed if Mularkey ever adapts to the ever changing NFL and use spread formations like the good teams do, Saints, Colts, Pats

3)C ...McClure is old and wore down e had a ok year at best lasy year but needs to replaced with a athetlic center that doesnt allow pressure up the middle and can be the anchor of the oline where Ryan can feel comfortable with

1) Pass Rusher...this team needs to find a replacement for Abraham soon cause come next year we cant be looked upon as a serious team with the likes of Bierman and Sidbury as starers when they are still in development

2)WR ..now I dont give Michael Jenkins a bad name around here like most of the posters here do I actually think he is fine for being a 3rd option on the team but a upgrade at the position could be needed if Mularkey ever adapts to the ever changing NFL and use spread formations like the good teams do, Saints, Colts, Pats

3)C ...McClure is old and wore down e had a ok year at best lasy year but needs to replaced with a athetlic center that doesnt allow pressure up the middle and can be the anchor of the oline where Ryan can feel comfortable with

Doesn't matter what others think we look like. If Sid the Kid and Beer-man produce, that is all that matters.

I agree. Even if sid and kroy do step up I'd say DE and WR will probably be our two biggest needs next year

That's not happening.

Like it or not, we are building a physical smash mouth team on both sides of the ball. That's why we like kjekings so musch - due to his blocking skills - and even the WRs we added this wekeend were physical possession receivers rather than speedy 'strecth the field' types.

Doesn't matter what others think we look like. If Sid the Kid and Beer-man produce, that is all that matters.

and if they dont what happens then ...Cause we are putting it on there shoulders this year to produce

and if they fail with ayear everyone on here has high expectations what happens then ..

We seee DE the front office is banking on development from Sid and Bierman and a bounce back year of Abe but there could be a chance that backfires.

am i right there

and if they dont what happens then ...Cause we are putting it on there shoulders this year to produce

and if they fail with ayear everyone on here has high expectations what happens then ..

We seee DE the front office is banking on development from Sid and Bierman and a bounce back year of Abe but there could be a chance that backfires.

am i right there

You're overly concerned about being "right". But yes, in this case you are.

That's not happening.

Like it or not, we are building a physical smash mouth team on both sides of the ball. That's why we like kjekings so musch - due to his blocking skills - and even the WRs we added this wekeend were physical possession receivers rather than speedy 'strecth the field' types.

well then we will be looking on the outside in when talking about a Super Bowl cause every team is adapting to the NFL ..

Find it funny a team like the Jets with a great rushing attack last year goes out and trades for Edwards (last season) and Holmes.. They are fully giving there young QB all the weapons he needs in place to be successful

I agree with injuries being our problem.

If Jerry was healthy then that would have opened our pass rush up. With out that Abraham, Sidbury, Beirmann didn't put as much pressure on because the QB could always move up into the pocket. With Jerry or pressure from the middle the QB can't move forward into the pocket and it turns into a sack.

Plus I'm praying for Douglas to come back strong.

We have good depth on the o-line now and now we have an OLB that can cover thanks to his speed and experiance playing against spread offenses.

It wasn't a flashy draft for us but we did cover some holes that we had from last year.

which is most of the time kibitzer..I do make some mistakes from time to time no one is perfect

I didn't dislike your draft in the other thread, except for the first pick. To me, it's all a crapshoot, though. It's just some guys on here, you included, are just so convicted about their opinions. Makes for interesting reading, but for me, it pretty much ends there. We have excellent personnel making the important decisions now, and although I may disagree w/some of those, until they really start missing, I'm not complaining. That will take years to know the outcome of their choices, so why start b*tchin' now?

I don't think swift is over concerned about being right he makes a good point. If sid and kroy don't step up were screwed. Same with Abe.

Similar to last year when we went into the season banking that grimes and Houston would be solid. Same as the year before when we thought Grady and moorehead would be solid runstoppers.

If they work out TDs a genius, if not we will really struggle against the pass due to no pass rush.

I don't think swift is over concerned about being right he makes a good point. If sid and kroy don't step up were screwed. Same with Abe.

Boss ...its okay man lot of people hating on me...

These are the same people who didnt want to pay Roddy when were behind Roddy saying pay the man his money and we know how important he is to the franchise