Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SWIFT HITTER

If I was GM of the team..My draft the way it pan out

190 posts in this topic

(19)Dez Bryant ..WR ..Oklahoma

(83) Navorro Bowman LB..Penn St

(94)Everson Griffen ....DE USC

(117)Eric Norwood LB ...South Carolina

(149)Matt Tennant C.......BC

(165)Anthony Dixon RB ....Miss ST

(189)Jordan Pugh DB...Texas a&m

(226) Selvish Capers OT ..West Virgina

Reasoning to the madness:

Dez Bryant was clearly the best player available by the time were up drafting and while WR made not look like a need in the ever changing NFL we are more and more into a offensive league ever where every rule is set up for a high powered offense. Case is evident in 8 out of the 12 teams who made the playoffs last year were pass first teams..Dez Bryant brings a legit number 2 wr across from Roddy where we can slowly work him in but still make a impact on the team this year .Bryant is an extremely talented receiver that has legitimate downfield speed as well as the ability to adjust to off-target throws.

Navorro Bowman once considered a first round talent fell into my hands I will glady take a productive LB from Penn St where he can find a immediate role either into starting lineup or next year when we part ways with Mike Peterson Some concersn about injuries but I see value in this third round pick ..Bowman is a tough, competitive player that has good range inside out to the ball. He is most effective when covered up utilizing his speed and quickness to get to the pile

Everson Griffen ...again VALUE is the key here ...The energetic pass rusher has excellent initial quickness, and his ability to pressure the pocket

Eric Norwood..another productive player throughout his college career that loves to go on the attack and that is something we missed from our LB corps ..He will be looked upon as added depth to a position that needs some ...Norwood’s a player who’s at his best when the lights are on. He’s a tough, competitive player who was highly productive in college. Doesn’t have any durability questions. Is an efficient tackler who can really break down in space and wrap up. Solid athlete and effective blitzer who displays good hand use and has a great motor in pursuit.

Matt Tennant ...Boston College familiarity would be nice with our star QB . It would also be nice for our star QB not to feel the pressure up the middle of the oline and McClure on his downside of his career Tennant would be the perfect slide in come next year Tennant possesses a nice blend of size and athleticism. Displays impressive initial quickness and agility to reach his blocks at the second level. Is a real technician with great field awareness. Exhibits good hand use and gets his arms extended and locked. Body control and balance are also impressive.

Anthony Dixon ...value in this pick ..we already have nice depth at the position ..would be used as a short yardage back ...Likes to get the tough yards and with Turner coming off a injury and Snelling be used more clearly a pick looking to pay off down the road

Jordan Pugh/Selvish Capers will be looked on as project players

You're kidding........right?

Sadly enough I don't think so.

It is comic relief though.

m cooper 22 likes this

You obviously don't understand the type of players that Dimitroff and Smitty are trying to build this franchise with.

I blame Madden.

Carry on.

Never played Madden ,,outside Gensis..

8 out of the 12 playoff teams are pass first teams..we drafted a OLB in first round who will make lil impact this year .

TD came from the NE philosophy DRAFT THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE REGARDLESS OF NEED

gritz its time you read up on that football knowledge..

No way Sean Weathersoon or Corey Peters were BPA

if TD did drafted what I posted above im sure not one person would be bitching bout that draft

manlaugh.gif

Born-a-Falcon likes this

(19)Dez Bryant ..WR ..Oklahoma

(83) Navorro Bowman LB..Penn St

(94)Everson Griffen ....DE USC

(117)Eric Norwood LB ...South Carolina

(149)Matt Tennant C.......BC

(165)Anthony Dixon RB ....Miss ST

(189)Jordan Pugh DB...Texas a&m

(226) Selvish Capers OT ..West Virgina

Reasoning to the madness:

Dez Bryant was clearly the best player available by the time were up drafting and while WR made not look like a need in the ever changing NFL we are more and more into a offensive league ever where every rule is set up for a high powered offense. Case is evident in 8 out of the 12 teams who made the playoffs last year were pass first teams..Dez Bryant brings a legit number 2 wr across from Roddy where we can slowly work him in but still make a impact on the team this year .Bryant is an extremely talented receiver that has legitimate downfield speed as well as the ability to adjust to off-target throws.

Navorro Bowman once considered a first round talent fell into my hands I will glady take a productive LB from Penn St where he can find a immediate role either into starting lineup or next year when we part ways with Mike Peterson Some concersn about injuries but I see value in this third round pick ..Bowman is a tough, competitive player that has good range inside out to the ball. He is most effective when covered up utilizing his speed and quickness to get to the pile

Everson Griffen ...again VALUE is the key here ...The energetic pass rusher has excellent initial quickness, and his ability to pressure the pocket

Eric Norwood..another productive player throughout his college career that loves to go on the attack and that is something we missed from our LB corps ..He will be looked upon as added depth to a position that needs some ...Norwood’s a player who’s at his best when the lights are on. He’s a tough, competitive player who was highly productive in college. Doesn’t have any durability questions. Is an efficient tackler who can really break down in space and wrap up. Solid athlete and effective blitzer who displays good hand use and has a great motor in pursuit.

Matt Tennant ...Boston College familiarity would be nice with our star QB . It would also be nice for our star QB not to feel the pressure up the middle of the oline and McClure on his downside of his career Tennant would be the perfect slide in come next year Tennant possesses a nice blend of size and athleticism. Displays impressive initial quickness and agility to reach his blocks at the second level. Is a real technician with great field awareness. Exhibits good hand use and gets his arms extended and locked. Body control and balance are also impressive.

Anthony Dixon ...value in this pick ..we already have nice depth at the position ..would be used as a short yardage back ...Likes to get the tough yards and with Turner coming off a injury and Snelling be used more clearly a pick looking to pay off down the road

Jordan Pugh/Selvish Capers will be looked on as project players

Not sure why you get so much heat but I like your draft way more---I have to admit, I am disappointed with a few of our picks

Never played Madden ,,outside Gensis..

8 out of the 12 playoff teams are pass first teams..we drafted a OLB in first round who will make lil impact this year .

TD came from the NE philosophy DRAFT THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE REGARDLESS OF NEED

gritz its time you read up on that football knowledge..

No way Sean Weathersoon or Corey Peters were BPA

It's time that you get some period......

You have easily fallen into the trap that casual NFL fans fall into. That is going for the sexy, well-known pick who might in some eyes be the best player available, but probably doesn't fit specifically into the schemes that your team runs.

Drafting with the BPA mentality as your mantra is a sure-fire prescription for disaster.

Dimitroff knew going into this draft that we got manhandled along our lines last year so he beefed them up. It was a smart thing to do....So while you might have a schoolgirl crush on Dez Bryant, having him as a Falcon wouldn't have done that much to help us if Ryan was getting buried every other time he tried to hit Bryant.

You just don't get it, but that's your right.

way to bring football talk to the table Gritz do what you do best joke around and not talk football and then cry to me in a letter 3 weeks later how much this place sucks...

1189907803X4Shfx.jpg

I'm talking football while your months-long public emotional breakdown continues...........

Born-a-Falcon likes this

Not sure why you get so much heat but I like your draft way more---I have to admit, I am disappointed with a few of our picks

Thank you my friend...

That is why you one of the few here I respect ...I gave all the credit in the world when TD drafted Ryan I was one of the few that wanted him here when just about every poster here was wanting Dorsey I will bump up these threads to make some of these posters look liek clowns..

I thought Ryan was a star ..loved our first draft under TD

but this draft looks like a complete dud..It might turn out okay down the road but as for now Im not liking and thats just my opinion

BirdzEyeView and Nono like this

I think that a lot of folks get enamored with NAMES leading up to the draft. We have talked endlessly on this board about players and needs since the Superbowl. So everyone pairs off into camps and supports a train of thought or another.

Personally, the players Swift mentioned are the sexier players, splashy that folks have heard of. When you draft folks from Kentucky, or Montana, you tend to think "Sub Par" or "Not SEC". But when you step back and look at the style of folks that TD is bringing in, you see that he is looking for a type, a position, flexibility in position, intelligence, work ethic and off the field dependability.

I am a fan of our draft. I think it met needs and addressed depth. I am disappointed that we did not draft the future TE. Hernandez would have been a good one, Clay Harbor or even Pitta. However, in keeping with his draft philosophy, he engaged the lines and the gaps. You can never have enough talent in your secondary. Extra safeties make head hunters in special teams. Every team needs a Larry Izzo, or a Coy Wire.

I don't think Swift is wrong with his desire to see a more splashy draft. It looked like the Seashawks got EVERYONE, and the same went to the Eagles. Every pick they seemed to get a contributor. But, I think we did to. TD made his living evaluating talent for the Patriots. The man knows of what he speaks. Gotta trust him. This draft could be one of the best, given a year or to. There has been umpteen threads on previous drafts where we got A's at the time, and today they are very average, or far worse. 2007 ring any bells?

UnrealfalcoN and lsd2125 like this

Why did you even start this thread?

Do you have a time machine where you can go back and show TD the awesomeness of this post and change how the draft played out?

Is this your coping mechanism for your Mock being so off?

Or is this yet another chance for you to do a Grandstand B!tch Session?

You made your post. Now if anyone of these players is any good and any one of our picks is bad, you can come back to this bookmark and beat your chest.

Your posts are making me tired all over man.

It's like a fire engine pulled into the driveway and won't turn off it's siren.

FalcoChicquera likes this

Oddly enough, if TD had picked every one of those players, I believe YOU would still be bitching about the draft.

That is a fact. That's what he does.

Whether that is NE's philosophy or not is open to discussion.

It is manifestly clear that it is NOT TD's draft philosophy. Don't get mad at him when he tells you "we are going to draft for positional need" just because you disagree with the philosophy. Because he has said that time and again -- we draft based on team needs, not BPA. Period.

This is exactly what I thought...

People just wanted to choose players they knew the names of. Regardless of why they fell, or what our needs were, or who fit our scheme properly, it was all dependant on who was a household name or not.

Use your F'ing head.

Cheers,

GO

You obviously don't understand the type of players that Dimitroff and Smitty are trying to build this franchise with.

I blame Madden.

Carry on.

EXACTLY!

I think that a lot of folks get enamored with NAMES leading up to the draft. We have talked endlessly on this board about players and needs since the Superbowl. So everyone pairs off into camps and supports a train of thought or another.

Personally, the players Swift mentioned are the sexier players, splashy that folks have heard of. When you draft folks from Kentucky, or Montana, you tend to think "Sub Par" or "Not SEC". But when you step back and look at the style of folks that TD is bringing in, you see that he is looking for a type, a position, flexibility in position, intelligence, work ethic and off the field dependability.

I am a fan of our draft. I think it met needs and addressed depth. I am disappointed that we did not draft the future TE. Hernandez would have been a good one, Clay Harbor or even Pitta. However, in keeping with his draft philosophy, he engaged the lines and the gaps. You can never have enough talent in your secondary. Extra safeties make head hunters in special teams. Every team needs a Larry Izzo, or a Coy Wire.

I don't think Swift is wrong with his desire to see a more splashy draft. It looked like the Seashawks got EVERYONE, and the same went to the Eagles. Every pick they seemed to get a contributor. But, I think we did to. TD made his living evaluating talent for the Patriots. The man knows of what he speaks. Gotta trust him. This draft could be one of the best, given a year or to. There has been umpteen threads on previous drafts where we got A's at the time, and today they are very average, or far worse. 2007 ring any bells?

least you replied like a man I respect this post ..

Its really not the sexy of names I wanted I was looking at value and BPA that also fits a need. Some of the names are more familiarity but that wouldnt stop me from drafting lesser unknown players which I did later on in my mock situation and the way it panned out

Nono and Herr Doktor like this

Thanks for whoever gave me that positive they actually took the time out and read the thing

I think you need to get your meds adjusted... people should be pumped that we're in a position to bolster our lines. I'm thinking that you got your feeling hurt about TD not looking at your mock...

This is exactly what I thought...

People just wanted to choose players they knew the names of. Regardless of why they fell, or what our needs were, or who fit our scheme properly, it was all dependant on who was a household name or not.

Use your F'ing head.

Cheers,

GO

Name one of those players that wouldnt fit our scheme..You can so you really dont have a clue..