To those upset we missed out on a pass rusher...

Some opportunities present themself

Albert Haynesworth, despite receiving a ridiculous amount of money for playing one season in Washington is apparently upset about playing in the 3-4, because he'd rather play in a 4-3 that showcases his talents instead of asking him to tie up blockers. On the field he is a dominant force. He is a massive man who shouldn't be able to move as fast as he can. He can ragdoll blockers with his violent power. He's also fast enough to get sacks playing defensive end. If we can get him for a 2011 3rd or 4th plus a later pick or player(s) like Anderson, Peterson or Coleman I'd be all for it. At 28 Haynesworth certainly has a few dominant more years in him and would make the rest of the D significantly better. I wouldn't want to enter next year's draft without a 1st or 2nd though.

Osi Umenyiora was apparently upset about his role or playing time last season. They drafted Pierre Paul at 15 in the first round. They now have All-Pro Justin Tuck, 1st rounder Kiwanuka and now Pierre Paul to go with Osi, clearly a surplus at the position. Like Haynesworth if we could get him without giving up a 1st or 2nd Id be all for it. Umenyiora's a proven pass rusher and would assure we get significant heat on QBs this season.

I wouldn't want to trade a future 2nd again, not having one this draft really stung

No it didn't. We have a superb and proven TE as a result of that second round. Whereas if we'd had a second, we'd have a prospect that could or could not pan out.

It was boring not having a second rounder--but it definitely didn't bite the team in the azz

I wouldn't want to trade a future 2nd again, not having one this draft really stung

The Falcon's had a 2nd round this year, they were just privileged enough to exercise it 12 months early.

I really think the reason no DEs were drafted this year was that TD/Smith not only ranked the draftable DEs but they ranked the Falcons current DEs right along with them and by #19 there were no DEs left that they had ranked HIGHER than the ones already on the team.. Maybe some equal but none higher.

Yea Burn me, but I'm thinking more ABE, Bireman,Sidbury than Anderson, Davis

The Falcon's had a 2nd round this year, they were just privileged enough to exercise it 12 months early.

I really think the reason no DEs were drafted this year was that TD/Smith not only ranked the draftable DEs but they ranked the Falcons current DEs right along with them and by #19 there were no DEs left that they had ranked HIGHER than the ones already on the team.. Maybe some equal but none higher.

Same here.

Both TD and MS have said as much on the record.

i think the eagles suprised them.td then opted for bpa,i'm sure dunlap,griffen,and a few more de graded out higher than kroy and sidbury,we had this same combo at de last year and it just didn't pan out,i understand the falcons are combining last years draft with this one considering the injuries to the first two picks,but before the season starts i'm hoping they add a proven nfl de,that can get consistent penetration

Yep, count me in as well although I believe Davis will step up this year and give us some quality playing time. Biermann in particuliar could really have a great year. Hopefully he put on some more weight and got stronger in the off season.