Kiper hands out draft grades

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiper isn't as bad as McShay. It's like he doesn't even try. Saying Andre Woodson was a first round pick when he came out :lol:

mcshay is just horrible.. and part of his issue is he takes shots at prospect and schools.. he is a piece of crap. at least kiper tries, mcshay doesn't.. mayock imo and brandt are the two best..

Atlanta Falcons

Summary: Sean Weatherspoon is a good outside linebacker and has the strength and size to start and be productive in this league, but after that, it's a lot of wishful thinking. Corey Peters was a slight reach on my board even at 83 and has a ways to go to improve his skills. Joseph Hawley has a chance to develop, but a pair of guards and no tight end or even a shot at a defensive end surprises me. I don't see an improved football team.

Draft grade: C-

A little bit harsh, but speaks to what a lot of people were crying about on this board about the draft

1. A lot of people are crying about the same thing Kiper said because that's how they gain their knowledge on prospects, by what Kiper says leading up to the draft. Kiper doesn't individually work out players, he doesn't sit in employment-type interviews with the players, he doesn't run background checks on players. NFL GM's do their homework, and when that shows guys are not as good as Kiper rates them, or other guys are better than Kiper rates them, Kiper can't admit he might have been wrong, so he gives a low grade.

2. How can you trust Kiper's judgment as complete & all-knowing? Look at his draft board, Clausen is the #4 prospect in the entire draft, how'd that work out?

Well to be completely honest... Draft grades dont mean jack until a few seasons have been played. Who knows what the guys will do? Not Mel Kiper thats for sure.

Exactly, it is ridiculous how many people don't realize that they have no idea how good our draft was because they have no idea how the pics will turn out.

Mel Kiper is a moron. He's not a "real" scout by any stretch of the imagination. He's pretty much a nerd who got lucky and impressed someone on ESPN back in the day when they were first doing the draft and for some reason they can't get rid of him. He also keeps saying the Detroit Lions have excellent drafts every single year, but it's hard not to when you're drafting in the top 10 every year.

Anyway, this year's draft was excellent in my opinion. There was not a DE in this draft other than Brandon Graham or Derrick Morgan who was going to be a starter right away in this draft. Everybody else would be considered a "project". We already have projects in Sidbury and Bierman so how would drafting a mid-late round defensive end make us any better. We got depth on both lines and in the secondary, which is exactly the point Dimitroff has been driving home all weekend. I know it's hard to accept that it's a decent draft since we only have one SEC player instead of seven, but these players fit everything we need.

It's his job to get people to pay attention to his opinion, it doesn't matter whether it's accurate, right, wrong or whatever, that's how he get's paid and it appears he's having another successful year doing what he does.

As for his opinion on the Falcons choices - "There's a reason he's not working for some NFL Team somewhere" and the reason is simple, his opinion isn't accurate.

Atlanta Falcons

Summary: Sean Weatherspoon is a good outside linebacker and has the strength and size to start and be productive in this league, but after that, it's a lot of wishful thinking. Corey Peters was a slight reach on my board even at 83 and has a ways to go to improve his skills. Joseph Hawley has a chance to develop, but a pair of guards and no tight end or even a shot at a defensive end surprises me. I don't see an improved football team.

Draft grade: C-

A little bit harsh, but speaks to what a lot of people were crying about on this board about the draft

There is a reason as to why we only see this man about 2months out the year...March and April...Cause he dont know nothing about GOOD football players if it slapped him in his stupid face...Screw him and his grade

Scott Case 25 just posted his Draft Grade for the Atlanta Falcons 2010 draft. Its a B.

Good picks were made, O-line will be sold for years to come.

Weatherspoon - Overated, Underated, I don't think so, he is right where he needs to be and will be a anchor for the defense like Tuggle, and Brooking were for us.

Franks - Solid DB who could be starter who will contribute from day 1,

Peters - Well, I think he got picked to high, but with bab's situation he will probably be on the field game 1. Lets hope Smitty, Vangorder, and Sugar Bear Hamilton can coach him up.

Kerry Meier - I have heard a lot of things, but overall I believe he is Finn's replacement. So next year in FA or the draft a WR will be top priority. Thats, if it is not dealt with before than.

Shan Shillinger - I believe he will also require developing. I believe he needs to bulk up a little bit at 6' 200 thats a little thin, but he has to keep his speed. He is physical player and stays in peoples faces... As long as Moore stays healthy and plays well, he will prolly spend a lot of time on special teams.

Those TV guys don't have nuttin on me...... lol.... Trash talk it up, and I'll chat at you guys later.

I don't see why it's so bad. He says Weatherspoon is good, and the rest is a question mark. He doesn't see an improved team, and that's a fair enough opinion. Other than at OLB, which he clearly acknowledges, where else are we clearly better?

However, we drafted for depth in a lot of areas.

Edited by Firstiary

mcshay is just horrible.. and part of his issue is he takes shots at prospect and schools.. he is a piece of crap. at least kiper tries, mcshay doesn't.. mayock imo and brandt are the two best..

Lets see, Kiper is ok, McShay is crap, most other draft prognosticators are crap.

Mayock and Brandt are good.

Kiper and the rest dont work for the NFL Network paid for and owned by the NFL.

Mayock and Brandt DO work for the NFL Network.

Think there is a connection? :)

Or am I the only one that noticed the picks being announced by Jason LaConfora even before the commissioner started going for the podium, heh.

It's funny that he says he doesnt see an improved football team when we have 2 starters returning that did not play at all last year, Turner back healthy, and Ryan Back healthy. Add to that a quality starting CB and a drafted LB that can play the pass as well as any and is also very solid in Run D. A 3rd year DE that showed last year he is ready to break out. Kiper can go **** himself

Understand...ESPN focuses on the name teams and name players. Dallas and New England can do no wrong in the draft. Tebow will be drafted in the first round ad nauseum.

The Falcons are an easy target for negative criticism simply because of past history and the fact our team has no national following. It takes winning in the playoffs to change that mindset.