Does TD see Meier as Ryans Wes Welker?

Other than the fact that they are both European American I don't see much resemblance between the two. Meier is a big (6'3-220) lumbering wide receiver....whereas Welker is a small (5'9-185) slot receiver with probably the quickest burst in the 20 & under routes in the NFL. Both rarely drop the ball and they both played in the Big 12...I'll give you that. He definitely reminds me more of Finneran but probably has the ability to get down field a bit better than Finn, particularly at their respective ages.

Other than the fact that they are both European American I don't see much resemblance between the two. Meier is a big (6'3-220) lumbering wide receiver....whereas Welker is a small (5'9-185) slot receiver with probably the quickest burst in the 20 & under routes in the NFL. Both rarely drop the ball and they both played in the Big 12...I'll give you that. He definitely reminds me more of Finneran but probably has the ability to get down field a bit better than Finn, particularly at their respective ages.

:lol:

This. HD is our Welker. I doubt Meier will see much action on offense, he'll be a ST guy for a season or two.

exactly HD is our Wes Welker, Meirer looks like Finnerans Heir apperant. Since Jenks can only catch 50% of the time. :(

Its not like when we drafted sunshine, this guy has tons better stats and being a QB, even punted the ball, the guy is a total jack of all trades. Pats type player. ;)

Welker: 5'9", 185 lbs, caucasian

Meier: 6'3", 220 lbs, caucasian

Yes, they are nearly identical.

Size is not what I was referring to. I'm looking at how they play the game. Tough, catches everything in arms reach and then some, runs great routes, very similar styles of play.

Regardless of the size difference with Welker I'd still say he's more like Finni which is actually a great thing. I'll hate to see my favorite Falcon leave one day but it would be awesome if Meirer can take his place without missing a beat.

I fully agree with you on this.

Thanks. I understand that some must of thought I was referring to their sizes and color, but it was more about how they play the game. Go and look at Wes Welker highlight's and you can see very similar styles in their game.

Love the vid supa.

He looks very talented. I think he'd start by 2011. Give him a chance this vid helped sway my opinion. We might have found a diamond in the rough.

I definitely see what TD may see in him. I may be biased, but I think he could develop into a solid starter.

Size is not what I was referring to. I'm looking at how they play the game. Tough, catches everything in arms reach and then some, runs great routes, very similar styles of play.

"Tough, catches everything in arms reach and then some, runs great routes" could very well describe Larry Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson. Just sayin'. ;)

Harry Douglas is our Welker.

Kerry Meier will be our Finneran. Unfortunately for Finneran this might be the end for him as a Falcon unless we cut another WR to make room for him. Maybe Weems gets cut if Dominique Franks takes over for kickoff and punt returning duties.