TD is about to be on NFLN team cam to discuss picks in a sec

Recap anyone?

He pretty much reiterated everything he's been saying the past few months.

1. You can get a pass rush from other areas of your defense, besides just the DE positions.

2. Feels Abe will rebound

3. Still feels like Biermann and Sid will continue to progress.

4. Will get a pass rush from the interior DL(PJ returning)

He pretty much reiterated everything he's been saying the past few months.

1. You can get a pass rush from other areas of your defense, besides just the DE positions.

2. Feels Abe will rebound

3. Still feels like Biermann and Sid will continue to progress.

4. Will get a pass rush from the interior DL(PJ returning)

Thanks!

sdding on to the others, TD also said

• Surprised that Franks CB fell as far as he did, so we moved and got him
  • DE would have been a great possibility in RD1 but since the DEs they liked went early, they felt comfortable grabbing Spoon who they wanted all along.
  • Interior line pressure is what we lacked and Corey Peters is exactly what we needed with jerry coming back

Kind of got the idea that Graham or maybe Morgan would have been the pick if they had fallen that far.

I agree

Come down guys.. this dont mean Spoon wasnt one of our key guys we wanted because he was.... The guy will be a impact LB.... I have heard and agree that Graham or Morgan would have been the pick if there....

Remember ... TD said he have 5 guys he really like... Graham, Morgan, and Pouncey was gone... I think Oldrick and Spoon was the other 2 (not saying that TD's order) .

I think thats part of the reason we didnt trade back with the Bronco's ... 3 of our 5 guys were gone... We could not risk losing our guys.

Regardless... We drafted a special LB

sdding on to the others, TD also said

• Surprised that Franks CB fell as far as he did, so we moved and got him
  • DE would have been a great possibility in RD1 but since the DEs they liked went early, they felt comfortable grabbing Spoon who they wanted all along.
  • Interior line pressure is what we lacked and Corey Peters is exactly what we needed with jerry coming back

Oh yeah, forgot about that

He mentioned every DE by name except for JA98. I believe the Falcons see Biermann as the Day 1 starter.

Obviously Busterson was so bad he is no longer seriously looked at by the Falcons has a legitimate DE option but with the drafting of Peters where does he fit in as a DT? It looks more and more that there may not be a roster spot for Jamaal. I guess that is what you get after posting 2.5 sacks over the course of 3 years after being a top ten number one draft pick. Way to go McKay!

Kroy is a great DE for us and he only got some snaps. If he improves on the run, we know what he can do versus the pass, then he's better than any DE we could hve selected this year.

Exactly! Ive been saying the the past few months. DE's normally dont come in and make an immediate impact.

I think he said that if Morgan or Graham was there when they picked Spoon, they would've used all of their 10 minutes discussing what to do, but since they were gone, it made their decision very easy. If all 3 were there, I'm sure they would've fielded trades to go down 3 or 4 spots.