WTF is a Corey Peters?

I have watched Kentucky football before and he has never stood out ..

DeWayne Robertson was also a highly recruited DT from Kentucky

gooo look up his career my friend

Look the Georgia game up from last year , you might see CP91 make a couple of plays

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how is it any different NOW from any other time that we have had coaches and GM's who are no longer here? Do you know how to be President of the U.S.? Many of us do not and still disagree or make notice of what WE want as tax-payers. Same goes for football FO...as the product consumer some folks have expectations and their own preferences. Let them prefer.

You have to know the person you're talking to in order to make this statement. I don't question the president because I do not know whats best for the people of the United States. I am a little bit more knowledgable about the Atlanta Falcons because it's much smaller in comparison to the whole United States. I have disagreed with the FO before, but I don't do it in an obnoxious way.

He said "BOOOOOOOOOOO" way before he probably even knew who the player was and what he was capable of. I didn't know who Corey Peters was either, but I chose the path of waiting and seeing. Yes it is a little immature to bring up a post and yes hindsight is the case here, but wrong is wrong. Don't defend him because he has a preference. He has the right to, but so far he was wrong in his preference. Who knows, he may be right in the end.

so far, so good with Corey Peters and the other draft picks this year......having said that, Corey Peters is far from a "sure thing" at this point. Early indicators are encouraging.....

you guys are making Corey Peters out to be a pro-bowler by throwing in his face that Sporkdevil was "obviously" wrong. Well, it ain't obvious yet.......I hope its obvious by midseason but c'mon now......we have, what? 2 weeks of practice and one pre-season game on Corey Peters so far?

I'm feeling good about Peters prospects but its too soon to act like Sporky was 100% wrong here.

Don't worry bout it g-dawg, no one is hurting my feelings. The original post was about 5 seconds after we picked up CP, and obviously, my opinion of CP has changed. Of course, I don't think anyone projected him as a 3rd rounder, and I thought (as well as most of the board/projections/etc.) that we would look at DE, OL, or WR at that point. I will call about 85% of people who aren't UK fans who claim to have known of or thought highly of Corey Peters a liar.

I think it's no question he is talented, and I liked what he did in limited reps in preseason.

Don't worry bout it g-dawg, no one is hurting my feelings. The original post was about 5 seconds after we picked up CP, and obviously, my opinion of CP has changed. Of course, I don't think anyone projected him as a 3rd rounder, and I thought (as well as most of the board/projections/etc.) that we would look at DE, OL, or WR at that point. I will call about 85% of people who aren't UK fans who claim to have known of or thought highly of Corey Peters a liar.

I think it's no question he is talented, and I liked what he did in limited reps in preseason.

I only knew who he was because I watch Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama games. (My family members have never picked a "family" college)

Every game, he was giving the interior lineman a heck of a time.

I have liked what we have seen and heard so far too.

I really like what he has been saying. He sounds like he has a real analytical mind for the game.

That interview he did was like,

"If I do A and B, the other team can't do C, which means they will do D, and the Linebackers will get them."

He doesn't seem to mind that his role on this team may never be glorious. Just a enabler for our LB's.

yeah, no worries, Sporky......its just I'm soooo sure that trickworm was 1000% on-board with the pick back on draft day. Trickie probably called Thomas Dimitroff in April, 2008 and persuaded him to take Matt Ryan over Glen Dorsey as well. As you know, Trickworm is never wrong.

Sometimes I'm "right" on this messageboard and sometimes I'm "wrong" - anybody that has been on here long enough has a few things they said that they would like to pull back.

I just think its kind of juvenile to go back and pull somebody's comments from 4 months ago when their is four more months of information and act like you are some "all-knowing" savant.

Most of us are trusting Dimitroff more and more - fact is, jury is out on Peria Jerry and William Moore but there have not been many wash-outs yet and he has so many "finds" so Dimitroff is earning more and more respect with his picks - having said that, I think its fun and part of being on a messageboard to question moves every now and then. That is part of the fun of being on here.

Edited by g-dawg

Watching the game against KC, how many of you guys like the combo of Peters and Lewis together? Those 2 big DT's played side by side and caused disruption. I could see something growing into a John Henderson and Marcus Stroud combo with Peters and Lewis. I think we finally have our big men in the middle.

yeah, no worries, Sporky......its just I'm soooo sure that trickworm was 1000% on-board with the pick back on draft day. Trickie probably called Thomas Dimitroff in April, 2008 and persuaded him to take Matt Ryan over Glen Dorsey as well. As you know, Trickworm is never wrong.

Sometimes I'm "right" on this messageboard and sometimes I'm "wrong" - anybody that has been on here long enough has a few things they said that they would like to pull back.

I just think its kind of juvenile to go back and pull somebody's comments from 4 months ago when their is four more months of information and act like you are some "all-knowing" savant.

Most of us are trusting Dimitroff more and more - fact is, jury is out on Peria Jerry and William Moore but there have not been many wash-outs yet and he has so many "finds" so Dimitroff is earning more and more respect with his picks - having said that, I think its fun and part of being on a messageboard to question moves every now and then. That is part of the fun of being on here.

I wasn't gonna do this cuz I don't like tootin my own horn...but...

AZZ-U-ME....

Matter of fact I was...

Any other unsubstantiated remarks you wanna make about me? Now that I'm through "not having a life" for the day....I got all evening.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

HOF thread.... To be fair to the OP Decker went 5 picks later and he is doing good. also Navarro Bowman went 8 picks later and he is having a pro bowl season. Tony Moeaki went 10 picks after and he is a ok TE. and Jimmy Graham went 12 picks later and we will hate him for his career. Tampa took Mike Williams at 101 while we took Mike Johnson 98 (Peters was 83)