When do you think we will/should address TE

I really want Dennis Pitta, but I don't think it's as much of a priority as C and DE, and I doubt he'll be available to us in the 4th.

It's important that we get a good young tight end with Gonzo getting older and only having a year left under contract. Who do you think we should get or where do you think we should address the position?

I think we should address TE in the 2011 Draft.

The pick would have 1 or 2 years to learn from 88

Besides that Peele made some good strides last year and

it was clear that he is learning from Gonzalez.

The the 2nd round pick in the 2010 draft, the Atlanta Falcons

have traded for Anthony Gonzalez.

I think we should address TE in the 2011 Draft.

The pick would have 1 or 2 years to learn from 88

Besides that Peele made some good strides last year and

it was clear that he is learning from Gonzalez.

The the 2nd round pick in the 2010 draft, the Atlanta Falcons

have traded for Anthony Gonzalez.

I hear what your saying, but I think we are in the 1 to 2 year range now.... TG will prolly consider retiring after this year... I say now is the time, keep Peele he is decent and a good #2. Bring in my pick Hoomanawanui from Illinois, let him under study and then take over the #1 slot. Hoomanawanui will be a good pick and a great blocker/reciever for our boy Matty Ice for years to come.

340x.jpg

Count on 2 things (baring injuries)

We will make the Playoff's this year.

Gonzo will be an Atlanta Falcon in 2012

Agreed, with part 1, part 2: we would be looking at what year 15 or 16, and I believe he has already considered retiring... My bet is the latest point of retirement would be the end of 2011. Although if we start bringing home some rings, then I could very well eat my own words, and would be happy to do so.

Edited by Scott Case 25

I really want Dennis Pitta, but I don't think it's as much of a priority as C and DE, and I doubt he'll be available to us in the 4th.

It's important that we get a good young tight end with Gonzo getting older and only having a year left under contract. Who do you think we should get or where do you think we should address the position?

I really like Pitta, I'd love to get him in the 4th or 5th. He might just have the best hands out of all TE's in this draft, he's fast (4.68 forty) he's strong (27 reps) and he has the best production of any TE coming out.

His real weakness is blocking, but he showed in the East West Shrine game and practices that he can block, and he is a hard worker who is willing to improve.